Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
He's a science guy not a history guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmptyVessel
Oct 30, 2012

Gonzo McFee posted:

Making public statements about subjects outside your area of expertise without speaking to people who do know about it is not very scientific imo.

Really he's a media guy who trained in mechanical engineering once upon a time.

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

In important news: I've just found your boyfriend's favourite place for political memes: https://www.facebook.com/tonyblairsrealpage/

Gonzo McFee posted:

accuracy and good research are always nice in educational series

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

I have to say I've gone right off Clive Lewis.

It's one thing to resign from the shadow cabinet over Brexit, but coming out in favour of a second Brexit referendum in the middle of an election campaign, when Labour's main strategies can probably be summed up as 'be united' and 'don't talk about Brexit' is just ridiculous. Obviously it's going to result in a lot of negative press, so why do it?

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

TinTower posted:

Ah, the series that got people calling him a pedophile cuck because he acknowledges that gender isn't as simple as "there is penis, there is vagine"

it's still a garbage science shows because a lot of it is "bill nye has opinions". He may have correct opinions more often than the average citizen but that doesn't make it a good science show.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
All the entertainment scientists are poo poo.

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

jabby posted:

I have to say I've gone right off Clive Lewis.

It's one thing to resign from the shadow cabinet over Brexit, but coming out in favour of a second Brexit referendum in the middle of an election campaign, when Labour's main strategies can probably be summed up as 'be united' and 'don't talk about Brexit' is just ridiculous. Obviously it's going to result in a lot of negative press, so why do it?

Seems he is very unashamed of his political positions and does not like to compromise on them. Seeing as he always tries to talk down any leadership hopes, maybe he just wants to be like Corbyn was: free to rebel when he wants to.

Also - a more unsympathetic view is that although this is not the Labour line, it's very much the line he has had with his constituency, which is (quite) strong Remain.

LemonyTang fucked around with this message at 23:27 on Apr 30, 2017

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Depressing crosspost from C-Spam - who likes open ethnic nationalism?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Regarde Aduck posted:

Brian Cox owns, you take that back

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

I once went to a geological climate lecture by Iain Stewart and he said he was the 'Brian Cox' of geology... lmbo

LemonyTang
Nov 29, 2009

Ask me about holding 4gate!

MikeCrotch posted:

Maybe if studies like this wouldn't call them 'Our Britain' tribe, but ethnic (racist) nationalists, they wouldn't make up 24% of the loving country. Good lord. Normalising racism is in vogue apparently.

Also really unclear what the difference between Demsocs and 'progressives' is. Looks like an attempt to produce an analysis which shifts focus onto the right and discredits the left.

Altogether a piece of poo poo article.

Googled it and found the source here - from opinium: http://opinium.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Dead-Centre-British-politics4_lr.pdf

LemonyTang fucked around with this message at 23:33 on Apr 30, 2017

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

LemonyTang posted:

Seems he is very unashamed of his political positions and does not like to compromise on them. Seeing as he always tries to talk down any leadership hopes, maybe he just wants to be like Corbyn was: free to rebel when he wants to.

Also - a more unsympathetic view is that although this is not the Labour line, it's very much the line he has had with his constituency, which is (quite) strong Remain.

Clive Lewis is looking at losing his seat, he's got to come out as hard remain.

Getting treated the way he did while Shadow Defence and then the three line whip on Brexit probably made it very easy to decide to put his seat before the leadership faction. If he survives the election then he's also an obvious pick for a reconciliation shadow cabinet which has got to impact his decision making.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MikeCrotch posted:

The British people, apparently.

PIGS BREXIT
Mar 29, 2017

hakimashou posted:

Nuke em all for the greater good amirite

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hakimashou posted:

Don't be so disappointed that we ostensibly have less than 50% Nazis.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Regarde Aduck posted:

Unless they're actual scientists for their day job and don't go off topic.

New thread is up here:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944

• Locked thread