Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm trying to mod a game that installs to C: on a Win10 system. The modding program needs to have write access to items in the folder, but I cannot (for the life of me) get this piece of poo poo to switch off of read only. I uncheck the box, click apply, go back and it's still checked. I looked at the security options, and as far as I can tell I should have full access rights, but still nothing. Googling has indicated that this is a problem for a lot of people, but none of the solutions I've found have worked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
Are you running the modding program as Administrator?

The Read-Only flag will always appear to be set for folders, but it doesn't mean all the files inside the folder have the flag set as well.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Actuarial Fables posted:

Are you running the modding program as Administrator?

The Read-Only flag will always appear to be set for folders, but it doesn't mean all the files inside the folder have the flag set as well.

Yep. Tried running the program as read only. I'll go into the folder and see if i can set the target file as writable...

• Locked thread