Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

I believe in all the ways that they say you can lose your body
Fallen Rib
I don't like him because of his stupid hair. That is the only reason I need. Luckily I don't need to look at his stupid hair when I read his comics so it is all good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gavok posted:

d00gZ isn't the lying type.

I don't normally either but there's no way Morrisoncon is real.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

http://morrisoncon.com/

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I ama huge Grant Morrison fan and I can't imagine ever in a million years wanting to go to Morrison con.

Also, why is Thor's hammer in that graphic? did Grant Morrison do a run of Thor?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I actually jumped when I clicked on one of the links and was greeted by an HD gigantic picture of Morrison's head on my monitor.

Also, the pictures are long dead, giving us no actual proof it happened so I'll choose to believe this whole thing was just a collective dream some people had.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Can we just agree that no matter what we think of Max Landis, if white privilege were a person it would be Max Landis.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Doesn't quite encapsulate the general disregard and assumed possession of women that ML brings to the table to be honest.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Timeless Appeal posted:

Can we just agree that no matter what we think of Max Landis, if white privilege were a person it would be Max Landis.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

That's orange privilege.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Roth posted:

I'll go up to bat for Deathstroke.

It is honestly a fun series about a horrible person that doesn't pretend that Slade is anything but a lovely person. I don't know if it's worthy of an Eisner nomination, but it's definitely one of the better Rebirth titles they could have picked.

Agreed. I was never a DC guy but I figured Rebirth was a good jumping on point. I gave all the titles a shot and with the exception of the Batman titles and the Flash, Deathstroke is the only one I'm still reading. As you say, I'm not sure it's Eisner worthy, but it's a pretty good book.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Gavok posted:

d00gZ isn't the lying type.

LoL.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Hickman and Gerard Way were also at Morrison con.

I hate when people bring up Max Landis, because I can't believe I'm the only person that remembers he used to post his college Youtube videos here. I don't think anyone knew exactly who he was until later on. Just some dork who made goofy videos explaining the Robins and Knightfall.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I remember. I like some of his stuff, I just don't have much to say on him because I don't care about him as a person.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I thought he was pretty entertaining on Redlettermedia, but apparently a lot of people thought he was obnoxious

He did bring a unique energy to the room, not being an overweight alcoholic Milwaukean.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I just think of Max Landis' whiny rear end youtube video about how Lexi Alexander blocked him on twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Guy Goodbody posted:

I thought he was pretty entertaining on Redlettermedia, but apparently a lot of people thought he was obnoxious

He did bring a unique energy to the room, not being an overweight alcoholic Milwaukean.

He tried way to loving hard in that video.

• Locked thread