Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UrielX
Jan 4, 2008
So I got a new flashlight for work, and this one came with 2x 3.7v recharable batteries and the charger. So both batteries worked in the flashlight whenever I got it. I put one in, and the other in the charger.

I only used the light sporadically at work, certainly not enough to kill the battery (said in the manual something like 1000 hours of use per). So anyway after about a week I figured I'd swap out batteries and put the charged one in, and top off the other one. Well pulling the one out of the charger (with the light being green) put it in and..... nothing happened. The flashlight wouldn't turn on. So the previously working battery DIDN'T work after charging it, despite the charger light showing green.

So the battery I'd been using was now in the charger and the light was red (showing it needed charged). So I left it in there until the light turned green, took it out and the same thing happened. Both batteries are showing green (as in fully charged on the charger), and neither of them actually work in the flashlight.

Now I tried searching for it, and mostly what I found was running the batteries way too low, which doesn't seem to actually fit my problem.

So I do have an analog multimeter (it was my brother's I don't know much about it). In any case I stuck that on, and it's showing both batteries completely dead. So how the poo poo do 2 brand new batteries go to 100% dead, while in the charger?

UrielX fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Apr 5, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread