Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Slayn approaches the portal, sheathing his rusty blade and unpacking a small crossbow from the depths of his pack. He'd spent enough time putting himself at risk. He'd deal with future threats from a distance.

Class change to a sharpshooter acrobat! (icon continues to be a link to the charsheet)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Wendell straightened up from peering at a small mushroom growing from a rock, a slightly confused look on his face as a crackling red portal appeared out of nowhere on a few yards behind him. As a handful of people came tumbling through it, his face brightened, a grin appearing, "Aha! Fellow travelers! Welcome, welcome. I know not from where you came, but well met! I am Wendell the Wonderful, and whom might you all be?"

He brushed at his dark blue robe's arms and front absentmindedly, completely failing to remove any of the wrinkles on it. He started to step forward, paused suddenly, bent back down and snatched the mushroom he'd been looking at and stuffed it into a pouch, and then stood back up and approached the strangers. A goofy smile plastered on his face at this sudden windfall of companions.

P.d0t
Dec 27, 2007
I released my finger from the trigger, and then it was over...
Ominous Jazz and Anomalous Amalgam have bowed out, from the playtest; thank you both for your service :patriot:
Presumably Alessa and Vlad made their way back to the convoy :iiam:

:siren: Updated party :siren:

Wendell, the Wonderful Wizard (The Gate) -- scholar, spellcaster, and all around unethical lawbreaker
Slayn, the Archer (slap me and kiss me) -- murderer for hire, member of a scuzzy guild
Jozan, the Human Cleric (Look Around You) -- divine spellcaster, healer and undead-hunter
Rae, the Elven Barbarian (Generic Octopus) -- ex-knight of a prestigious order, gifted in magicslid into an alternate timeline, so who knows?

The sky above is red and mostly clouded over; you can hear what sounds like thunder rumbling, far off.
Up ahead (north) a winding road leads to what appears to be some sort of cathedral, perched on a precarious cliff face.
To the west and south, darkened mountains pierce the overcast sky; to the east, a thick forest of alternating greyed and blackened trees.

Chat amongst yourselves, let me know what you would like to do, maybe make some skill checks. Let's play! :)

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010
Rae's sudden identity crisis had given her a splitting headache; the stranger's cheery nature just aggravated her that much more.

"Rrrr...what is this place? What's going on!?"

Realizing she'd just encouraged the man to continue blabbering in that annoyingly cheerful tone, she said, "Screw it, I'm headed to that church. Maybe someone there has answers."

e: If we do make our way toward the cathedral, Rae does so without drawing attention.

Generic Octopus fucked around with this message at 14:00 on May 12, 2017

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Slayn gathers his companions by the hand, and leads them all to the church.

• Locked thread