Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Birdstrike posted:

I unironically love GulagDolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Samfucius posted:

Me too. It was hard for me to talk poo poo about the way he posts.

Thanks for killing me, fyi. I realized the sk would be tempted to just leave me alive, but I was in no way mentally able to deal with lylo.

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Yeah, life is hilariously cruel.
Grimey Drawer
Wow my survivor would have legitimately fit right in with this breakdown

Gg Ecco

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I posted my pm as a mixture of frustration with irl, with the janitored game in general giving us so little information that every theory in the world ever was possible and with the fact that more than one person agreed with kashunos awful awful case. It just felt like no one was actually playing. That people were hopping in and saying 'oh yeah I agree with the things said on this page' and ignoring half the thread's content. Didn't feel like arguing against or with people who aren't actively or honestly playing. I didn't post my pm out of anger with kashuno, mainly I kind of got the vibe that he was running interference for kfc.

That said, completely unrelated, but kashuno is an rear end in a top hat. And I think the worst part is me saying this will make him feel like I'm posting it in anger or out of being sour. I'm not. :shrug:

Sorry if I upset you Ecco. Thanks to gulag and somber for making this game great to read after my death.

Sam gets funniest post of the game. 'i feel like the sk would want to kill anyone right now ... Here are my two cases on everyone right now' haha.

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Ernie. posted:

It just felt like no one was actually playing. That people were hopping in and saying 'oh yeah I agree with the things said on this page' and ignoring half the thread's content.

Dude the almost lynch on tired Moritz was blowing my f$@#ing mind

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

GulagDolls posted:

Dude the almost lynch on tired Moritz was blowing my f$@#ing mind

You were an exception. You tried really hard and your cases were amazing.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Tired Moritz posted:

I'm assuming town don't lie.

The only reason someone would take a long time to answer a basic answer like that is if they're coming up with a lie. And lying is scummy!!

sentimental snail
Nov 22, 2007

DID YOU SEE MY
PEYOTE QUEEN?
moritz was an active detriment to the town

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Ernie. posted:

Sam gets funniest post of the game. 'i feel like the sk would want to kill anyone right now ... Here are my two cases on everyone right now' haha.

Except one wasn't a case, it was explaining why I wouldn't vote him.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Max posted:

Thanks for killing me, fyi. I realized the sk would be tempted to just leave me alive, but I was in no way mentally able to deal with lylo.

No problem.

I was very tempted to leave you alive, but not because you wouldn't be active, but because I was trying to kill the last power role (that didn't exist, because Ecco forgot that I should have already won) and I really didn't think it was you. My reasoning was "if I get the last power role, I win instantly and Max doesn't have to play anyways, we both get what we want." But, I couldn't risk being wrong.

Winning this game is absolutely not worth being a lovely person.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

I'm counting this game as a double win for myself, considering I should have won once and actually won later. Also KFC with his random N1 Mith kill is solely responsible for this game being longer than 2 days (with another Sam win), good for you, dude.

Everything came up Sam this game. I am not a great Mafia player so it was really nice :)

Uranium Phoenix
Jun 20, 2007

Boom.

Ernie. posted:

I posted my pm as a mixture of frustration with irl, with the janitored game in general giving us so little information that every theory in the world ever was possible and with the fact that more than one person agreed with kashunos awful awful case. It just felt like no one was actually playing. That people were hopping in and saying 'oh yeah I agree with the things said on this page' and ignoring half the thread's content. Didn't feel like arguing against or with people who aren't actively or honestly playing. I didn't post my pm out of anger with kashuno, mainly I kind of got the vibe that he was running interference for kfc.

That said, completely unrelated, but kashuno is an rear end in a top hat. And I think the worst part is me saying this will make him feel like I'm posting it in anger or out of being sour. I'm not. :shrug:

Sorry if I upset you Ecco. Thanks to gulag and somber for making this game great to read after my death.

You got mad that scum was running interference for another scum (also known as "playing the game,"), so melted down and self-executed, harming the town. It's your job to convince people (also known as "playing the game") not throw a hissy fit when things don't go your way immediately. Ecco is right to not let you in any more games.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am honestly surprised nobody tried to push IS towards the end of the game because Moat brutal copped him on N2 but he was never killed.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I am a very forgiving person though and if Ernie apologizes more directly I'm fine letting him in for the future.

As for the assassins, had they won their first win condition they'd have been removed from the game without announcement and excised from the OP (since if the queen never existed the assassins wouldn't have ever been at the inn in the first place!). Flips they concealed would have been retroactively replaced as well.

Ah well.

I'll keep floating my deadlines and treating them as my playthings, sorry not sorry.

Thanks assassins for being in good spirits about my error. I know that's easy since you won anyway but all the same.

Moritz lying about being a doctor for S&Gs hurt the town substantially and is a classic example of why townies shouldn't lie for funsies.

and:

Birdstrike posted:

I unironically love GulagDolls
same.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Wait, TM was lying?

gently caress I'm glad he got nk'd but what a distraction.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also I had my own experience as scum dealing with open deadlines in an ecco game. I was annoyed when it came up at first but now just accept it'll happen in ecco games and end the night by convincing people to mislunch instead of hoping for a no-lunch due to apathy.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Ernie. posted:

I mean I was playing the game and trying to make sure a positive cop result scum didn't die so I'm not really sorry.

Max posted:

Also I had my own experience as scum dealing with open deadlines in an ecco game. I was annoyed when it came up at first but now just accept it'll happen in ecco games and end the night by convincing people to mislunch instead of hoping for a no-lunch due to apathy.

Yeah that's fair. I was mad at the time but it is what it is and Ecco can run her game however she wants so I won't make that gamble in the future

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Also I'm sorry the flavor of literally filling your room with poo poo was, uh, literally filling your room with poo poo

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Spoonsy posted:

Also I'm sorry the flavor of literally filling your room with poo poo was, uh, literally filling your room with poo poo

The curse is real.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
We losed.

Also I can always tell if Max is town lol

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Spoonsy posted:

yeah what the hell ecco.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

We losed.

Also I can always tell if Max is town lol

One of my biggest scumtells: Is Tobbs dead after n1/2?

Probably me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Somberbrero posted:

yeah what the hell ecco.

Don't kinkshame.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
If there's anything that can be gleaned from my games as some kind of broader moral or pedagogical lesson, it's the importance of public sanitation.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
I really appreciate that you made me the brutal cop instead of the doc

Wish I coulda murdered someone though

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
I respectfully submit that optimum Janitor setup is limited by either being X-shot or my personal preference, temporary for a certain number of game phases.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

I respectfully submit that optimum Janitor setup is limited by either being X-shot or my personal preference, temporary for a certain number of game phases.

It would have reverted if they hung the janitor. It was REALLY bad luck that the janitor survived to endgame.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Podima posted:

It would have reverted if they hung the janitor. It was REALLY bad luck that the janitor survived to endgame.

Thank you for responding to my feelpinion by merely stating the mechanics of a not uncommon role

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Uranium Phoenix posted:

IMO most factions played pretty poorly. I know my play was pretty bad, but I would also say my scumteam did a poor job coordinating and discussing night actions, had a bad case of the lurks (rip Quandary, our insanely powerful scumlord) and otherwise did not play well. My frustration this game was 100% with the players.

Thanks for hosting the game Ecco. As always, I found the setup interesting and the flavor fun.

We did a bit of coordination but I am sorry I wasn't more active. I really really wanted to play another game and the last 3 I joined were abandoned partway thru. I should have kept disciplined and not done a large one, though the part where my company's founders (including the CEO) "resigned" throwing us into a bit of a cluster gently caress IRL didn't help any.

GG all and great work sam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoonsy
Dec 6, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

The curse is real.

Also I'd like to point out that I did in fact tell Ecco I didn't want to be scum before this game started

• Locked thread