Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Man Dancer
Apr 22, 2008
As a total Sims--ignoramus: Is the bonechilling Simlish pop music a staple of all the games or a particular feature of this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Man Dancer posted:

As a total Sims--ignoramus: Is the bonechilling Simlish pop music a staple of all the games or a particular feature of this one?

I was wondering about the music this morning, too. Something about it is familiar but...off.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Oh, whoa! Check out the Viewing Globe, shorty!

Man Dancer posted:

marshmallow creep posted:

I was wondering about the music this morning, too. Something about it is familiar but...off.

The Simlish pop music is generally a conversion of licensed English songs into Simlish, and you hear them pretty much every time you turn on a radio. Some of the songs were made exclusively for the game, though. The most recent one used was "Humble Brothers - Upside", which is an example of that.

Oh, and the Simlish pop is in every console game, not sure about the PC releases.

GamesAreSupernice fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 5, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The PC games do have existing music converted to Simlish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjWdBRh0jAM

I think about it a lot.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
I fell into the rabbit hole of Simlish pop song covers...
Here's 2 good ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YcfJqvaAD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4KtejGBedQ

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

JossiRossi posted:

I fell into the rabbit hole of Simlish pop song covers...
Here's 2 good ones.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YcfJqvaAD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4KtejGBedQ

Thanks, I may use one of those, who knows?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

sims 1 and 2 had good radio music, and music direction in general. 3 kind of fell into an abyss of way too many pop/rock tie-ins, but i guess there's some amusement factor to the radio being the same as in irl at the time, but you can't understand the lyrics.

Also that episode was really good. What the hell kind of prank is "feed someone gross food so they puke", though?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

someone awful. posted:

Also that episode was really good. What the hell kind of prank is "feed someone gross food so they puke", though?

Is "Larry" a genre of prank?

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Not Jard is the hero we don't need. Extra video two.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I like Not Jard's pokemon hat.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 18:54 on May 5, 2017

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Lizard Wizard posted:

I like Not Jard's pokemon hat.

Jard would never wear something so fashionable.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Party like it's 2005.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!
This lp is some good poo poo. Why can't we all get along like the alien and his neighbor?

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Without fail this LP cheers me up enormously. Thank you Jard, you are the best of us.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Earnestly posted:

This lp is some good poo poo. Why can't we all get along like the alien and his neighbor?

Fwoderwick posted:

Without fail this LP cheers me up enormously. Thank you Jard, you are the best of us.

Jard will bring the fractured souls of this world together.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So are Jard's adventures at an end? Is he ready to settle down and be a family man? (Can you adopt in this game?)

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

So are Jard's adventures at an end? Is he ready to settle down and be a family man? (Can you adopt in this game?)

Oh, no, this game has a final location and I'm working on it as I type this. Also there are no kids or babies.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Whew, okay, the footage for the final location is finally done with. Last video should be ready soon.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Jard's journey comes to its close.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
The fridge and phone disappearing isn't a glitch: Similar to the repo man that shows up if you fail to delete pay your taxes on time, the maid will take a random object, usually one of the more expensive ones, if you don't have enough money to pay her fees.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Sordas Volantyr posted:

The fridge and phone disappearing isn't a glitch: Similar to the repo man that shows up if you fail to delete pay your taxes on time, the maid will take a random object, usually one of the more expensive ones, if you don't have enough money to pay her fees.

That's pretty humorous, thank you for letting me know.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

I completed this game years ago and I think I blocked all instance of grinding from my memory... and I wasn't even using the crazy tips and tricks you were doing. I wonder how much of my life I've wasted watching my MC sleep. Cheers for the LP of a game I haven't thought of in nearly a decade.

I played a hell of a lot more of the Sims 2 for the DS. It's similar in its grindiness, but also has some kind of "story" and can be a lot of fun, especially with its crazy cast of characters.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Crosspeice posted:

I wonder how much of my life I've wasted watching my MC sleep.

Best not to think about it.

Crosspeice posted:

I played a hell of a lot more of the Sims 2 for the DS. It's similar in its grindiness, but also has some kind of "story" and can be a lot of fun, especially with its crazy cast of characters.

I did 100% the Sims 2 (DS) back when it was first released. I wonder if it's as goofy as I remember.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

When Jard wants something, he gently caressing gets it.

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

When Jard wants something, he gently caressing gets it.

If we choose not to gently caress everyone, we get the Good Ending where Billy cheats on us instead.

Godna
Feb 4, 2013
I remember busting out fondly. My sim never slept. Often destroyed houses. And By means of a bug zapper, Those scent puffer things and Espresso usually did nonstop trained

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Godna posted:

I remember busting out fondly. My sim never slept. Often destroyed houses. And By means of a bug zapper, Those scent puffer things and Espresso usually did nonstop trained

Can you explain in detail your strategy to avoid sleep in Bustin' Out? I'm curious now

GamesAreSupernice
Jan 3, 2014

Thank you everyone for all the feedback, the LP's going up for archiving now. I'm glad so many other people enjoyed this old weird console port

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

I'm still disappointed you didn't somehow end it with Jard's death.

• Locked thread