Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Packers have a week 8 bye :woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
"ESPN wants better MNF games"

*schedules MNF doubleheader with zero playoff teams from last year*

Tank44
Jun 13, 2005

We want the ball & We're going to score
I dig Seahawks schedule. Only 1 10am game vs JAX. Week 6 bye plus Thursday-Monday games and resulting mini-bye between weeks 10-11.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Benne posted:

"ESPN wants better MNF games"

*schedules MNF doubleheader with zero playoff teams from last year*

Looking at the overall MNF schedule I think ESPN didn't get their wish

https://twitter.com/espn/status/855209485316509696

Gonna be brutal when it's time to reup that contract

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
How the gently caress did the Eagles get 5 primetime games

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Patriots quick hits:

week 9 bye, yay
9 1pm games, yay
Week 1 SNF
5 prime time games
TNF is @ Buccaneers, which is bad news
End of season goes: Dolphins, @Bills, @Dolphins, @Steelers, Bills, Jets what the everliving gently caress?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
We're playing on loving Thanksgiving? gently caress.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Kalli posted:

Patriots quick hits:

week 9 bye, yay
9 1pm games, yay
Week 1 SNF
5 prime time games
TNF is @ Buccaneers, which is bad news
End of season goes: Dolphins, @Bills, @Dolphins, @Steelers, Bills, Jets what the everliving gently caress?

you scared ?

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Five games on national television. I'm cool with that.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
ugh, why can't we play the seahawks after week 5 when they'll have lost lacy for the season

edit: super tempted to make it back stateside and go to Packers/Ravens before Thanksgiving

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Ehud posted:

you scared ?

It is very weird to play 5 out of 6 divisional games to close out a season my man!

Also the Bills and Jets get the winter weather while the Dolphins get to come visit in a nice brisk November!

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don't like this Pats game to end the season because they'll probably be resting starters and the inevitable Jets win will take us from the #2 overall down to #5 and out of QB range.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
Bengals open at home for the first time since 2009, and start with back to back games for the first time since 1983.

Also, Rodgers is somehow 0-2 against the Bengals.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Bengals open at home for the first time since 2009, and start with back to back games for the first time since 1983.

Also, Rodgers is somehow 0-2 against the Bengals.

that loving 4th down fumble that got returned for a td by a rb that never played for us again

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Abugadu posted:

that loving 4th down fumble that got returned for a td by a rb that never played for us again

That game was one of the most entertaining games I have ever watched.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Kalli posted:

It is very weird to play 5 out of 6 divisional games to close out a season my man!

That's what the NFL has been doing the past few years. Division games towards the end. Granted 5 of 6 is probably more extreme than most. Bucs play all their division games in the final 9 games.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

The Chargers are going to lose on the road on three different holidays lol

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

korrandark posted:

That game was one of the most entertaining games I have ever watched.
Same.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
sup bills

5-11 and everyone gets fired

I like it

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Benne posted:

Wentz Wagon

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
Titans have a MNF game :woop:

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

Still not as bad as the game with the fan coming on the field and stealing the ball out of Favre's hands.

edit: anyone have the BK gif edit of that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i want a later bye week so please change the current ones.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Holy poo poo, the Chargers are getting the Thanksgiving game vs the Cowboys. I never thought I'd see that in my lifetime.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The Giants have the most games against teams coming off bye with 4.

https://twitter.com/bburkeESPN/status/855224606713671681

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

a neat cape posted:

Why do you think this?

because I wrongly assumed it would be counted as the TNF game.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

because I wrongly assumed it would be counted as the TNF game.

Yeah I thought that last year too, but Denver got the opening Thursday game and then played at San Diego on TNF

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Diva Cupcake posted:

On the other hand, gently caress east coast teams complaining about scheduling

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

a neat cape posted:

On the other hand, gently caress east coast teams complaining about scheduling

Um, your team gets its own special little prime time slot every other year, what could you possibly have to complain about?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

fsif posted:

Um, your team gets its own special little prime time slot every other year, what could you possibly have to complain about?

That's not true at all, first off. And second:

-the NFL changing rules so that east coat teams don't have to fly to the west coast twice a year if they play a western division. Boo loving hoo. If we have to fly across the country twice where it's actually more of a toll on the body than east coast teams flying west, they should have to do the same

-10am starts for west coat teams playing on the east coast. They already play games on the east coast in the late spot, all games involving a west coast team should be in a late slot.

-divisional games at Kansas loving City of all places should not be at 10am.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

a neat cape posted:

That's not true at all, first off. And second:

-the NFL changing rules so that east coat teams don't have to fly to the west coast twice a year if they play a western division. Boo loving hoo. If we have to fly across the country twice where it's actually more of a toll on the body than east coast teams flying west, they should have to do the same

-10am starts for west coat teams playing on the east coast. They already play games on the east coast in the late spot, all games involving a west coast team should be in a late slot.

-divisional games at Kansas loving City of all places should not be at 10am.

While I agree on the first 2 points as well, it really grinds my gears that an AFC WEST team has their home games start at 10am.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Uterine Lineup posted:

While I agree on the first 2 points as well, it really grinds my gears that an AFC WEST team has their home games start at 10am.

I don't think many Kansas City fans would complain about an extra 3 hours of tailgating either, I don't know why they won't change that.

cosmic gumbo
Mar 26, 2005

IMA
  1. GRIP
  2. N
  3. SIP

Grittybeard posted:

I don't think many Kansas City fans would complain about an extra 3 hours of tailgating either, I don't know why they won't change that.

What it comes down to is the owners want to have as few 1:00 PST / 4:00 EST games as possible so Fox or CBS can have their big afternoon game broadcast as nationally as possible. I can't say I followed the Rams that closely when they were in St. Louis but I imagine it was a similar situation.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Diva Cupcake posted:

Good. The Eagles had to play 3 teams in a row coming off bye last year and they were all divisional games and no one gave a poo poo except us. We also got the Falcons off a mini bye after their TNF game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Benne posted:

White hope quarterback

• Locked thread