Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Most teams have a 5th starter that isn't very good; ours just happens to have a Cy Young on his shelf which makes it awkward to do anything about it except ride it out and hope he becomes that guy again

Also Smith is on the DL now; Reymin Guduan is coming up to probably not be very good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paulywallywalrus
Sep 10, 2012

fast cars loose anus posted:

Also Smith is on the DL now; Reymin Guduan is coming up to probably not be very good

Maybe but Guduan could at least fill a spot for a while and might even be entertaining! That is at least worth the minor inconvenience of not having someone else. :classiclol:

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Entertainment is not really something I want from a reliever

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Maybe Guduan figured something out in the last few months but his line from last year is 16 innings that featured 24 hits, 12 walks and 14 earned runs

He only gave up one homer so that's a bright spot I guess?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
3.10 ERA with 10ER in 29IP, so better than last year I guess?

Still, that’s a 3.10 ERA against AAA hitters.

Paulywallywalrus
Sep 10, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Entertainment is not really something I want from a reliever

What are you, a White Sox fan? Hopefully you will be entertained A LITTLE but I also get your point.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I wanted to get snarky with the Cubs posters about Heyward's slash since he returned from injury so I decided to look at Gattis's stats since that same date. Heyward has put up an .876 OPS since May 18th with a .338/.361/.515 slash. Gattis? .935 with a .274/.338/.597 slash

Heyward's BABIP is an unsustainable .349 since then. Gattis? .229 :aaa:

Gattis's numbers are actually underperforming over the last month somehow

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
There was an article in either The Ringer or The Athletic right before he started this recent tear that outright said "he has to start hitting or get replaced" and drat if he didn't read it I guess

Last year his slash was .263/.311/.457 and his OPS+ was 109, this year even including his horrific March/April it's .233/.296/.444 and OPS+ is 107. His May this year was .281/.342/.609 for an OPS+ of 155. June is significantly off that so far (his BABIP is .179 this month) but its enough to nearly make him the hitter he was last year.

If nothing else he's not killing us anymore

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I was the biggest Gattis hater. Glad he is making me eat my words.

Reddick, shape up buddy!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Still waiting for Keuchel to get good.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I missed the game, but it appears we crushed the A’s two innings in and my best friend Gattis crushed another baseball?

ed: Two baseballs, even

:getin:

Big Mean Jerk fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jun 14, 2018

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Yeah it was 10-0 going into the third and it ruled

Is it wrong I'm kinda mad that we gave up five runs though?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Kind of. 3 were a HR off Cole who had a human start for once, and Guduan ate 2 innings for us and gave up the only non-Cole run so I'm well satisfied with that.

Hopefully this doesn't signal anything weird going forward for Cole but that's the only thing I'd worry about.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
Guys Verlander fuckin owns

E: dammit

TheChirurgeon fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Jun 14, 2018

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

I want Tony Kemp batting 9th every game. He's like Aoki when he wasn't awful!

PrinceRandom
Feb 26, 2013

So far it seems like Kemp has earned a long term spot on the roster. I kinda want our team to be 50/50 split between spunky tiny guys and giant beefylads.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kemp is cool and good

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

Kemp is cool and good

Yes keep him. He has proven his worth.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
I like this thread (it got me to post on baseball stuff - even though I suck at it) - but I buy the argument from the main thread - should we shut this down and take discussion to the main thread?

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I said I'd close it if there were no more Astros avatars to make by TheChirurgeon. Are there any that I've missed?

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Taco Defender
I think I got them all

Not gonna lie, it's p glorious to see page after page of my avatars in succession

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Then I guess it's time to say goodbye the only way I know how:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1eS7462aps&t=17239s

• Locked thread