Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
Aliens don't exist, nothing masters, everybody will die alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.

rudatron posted:

Aliens don't exist, nothing masters, everybody will die alone

Except that we were the aliens the whole time, doofus

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

rudatron posted:

nothing masters

is this the title of a nine inch nails b-side collection?

WINNINGHARD
Oct 4, 2014

ill scissor kick any alien i run into

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

Zajajaja posted:

Theres a whole series about this actually, p cool read but its very AMERICA gently caress YEAH.
"The Road Not Taken" by Harry Turtledove. Ends with an alien crying about how hosed they are all now that humans have space rides.

This rules I can't wait to get to space and wedgie some fuckign loser alien nerds

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Comrayn posted:

This rules I can't wait to get to space and wedgie some fuckign loser alien nerds

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Atliens was a good rear end album.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Footfall is an extremely good (if goony as gently caress) book.

God was knocking, and he wanted in bad.

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

Lawman 0 posted:

Pretty sure we're the most dangerous game in the Galaxy op.

:omarcomin:

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Baloogan posted:

i also think that there could be viruses zooming around the universe, some sort of signal that makes lifeforms want to build radio telescopes and rebroadcast the signal until the universe is singing the same hymn and whoever is running the sim gets pissed off and shuts us down

I read the Algebraist too

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
aliens are real

spring break forever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxhyfgcm8WU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOVJsTc_HMU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

sprang breeeeeak

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.
I know I'm just cribbing off a faded memory of a college friend telling me about some sci fi book he read, but I could see us basically being war consultants for all the other races who could keep it in their pants\silos long enough to advance their civilizations to a space faring level. Want to know how to end your disputes with the slug people of Wacky Planet 10? Why, just ask the creatively homicidal apes of earth; they'll whip you up irradiated salt bombs in no time flat!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Like, no one would want us in our neighborhoods, but no one will be able to deny our ability to commit stylish travesties that show you mean business.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
In 2001 I was skateboarding in SoCal while listening to "Aliens Exist" by Blink-182, and now 17 years later I'm curled up on the floor of my NYC apartment while listening to Alex Jones talk about the Pan Spermia and Alien DNA

How did it all come to this

Preston Waters
May 21, 2010

by VideoGames
It's very likely that they'd never even bother contacting us. They'd just sling a planet killer into Earth because we'd be their competition. That would be the smartest thing to do to us imo

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

"We're not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term."

- The Chief

BarronsArtGallery posted:

It's very likely that they'd never even bother contacting us. They'd just sling a planet killer into Earth because we'd be their competition. That would be the smartest thing to do to us imo

competition?

if they could even get here? no friendo, we would be food

edited: way later :laffo:

Lindsey O. Graham has issued a correction as of 09:25 on Apr 25, 2017

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

BarronsArtGallery posted:

Rip buenos aires

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

rudatron posted:

Rip buenos aires

im from buenos aires and i say kill'em all!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Darkman Fanpage posted:

im from buenos aires and i say kill'em all!

Yeah, well I'm from Buenos Aires and I say let's sit down and open a dialogue with them, try to find a middle ground.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

mysterious frankie posted:

Yeah, well I'm from Buenos Aires and I say let's sit down and open a dialogue with them, try to find a middle ground.
To me that sounds like something one of THEM would say

He's one of THEM!

Get 'im!

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

Ah, I'm sorry! I'll kill anyone you tell me to, just let me live don't touch my stuff!

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Baloogan posted:

So yeah, aliens show up, who talks to em?

Trump?
UN? (bet you loving can't name the sec general now)
The Queen?
Putin?
NATO?

Not.

You.

Boo.

Hoo.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Given the exponential rate of technological and scientific growth we're probably the farthest along in the galaxy or close to it, and assuming humanity survives late stage capitalism we're basically going to own this galaxy in the (cosmic) near future.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Lawman 0 posted:

Pretty sure we're the most dangerous game in the Galaxy op.

im the most disingenuous game personally

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

mysterious frankie posted:

vote slave shield

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

games & theory did BA

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

Wheeee posted:

Given the exponential rate of technological and scientific growth we're probably the farthest along in the galaxy or close to it, and assuming humanity survives late stage capitalism we're basically going to own this galaxy in the (cosmic) near future.

you are assuming no other species in the entire universe is advancing at the same or a faster rate, unlikely
the universe is yuuge and luxurious

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Lindsey O. Graham posted:

you are assuming no other species in the entire universe is advancing at the same or a faster rate, unlikely
the universe is yuuge and luxurious

i for one welcome our new spacetrump overlords

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lindsey O. Graham
Dec 31, 2016

- The Chief

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

i for one welcome our new spacetrump overlords

:roflolmao:

• Locked thread