Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

VectorSigma posted:

1991. It's a pretty 80's movie on the surface, and I'd almost let you have it if it weren't for the fact that it marks official beginning of the modern era of CGI usage and the end of the practical effects that defined the previous decade.

Woops. I was going to put T1 but then thought T2 is better. You're right about the date, though. Good, I don't like that one anyway. (I just know it is a great 90s film.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Wizchine posted:

Post Apocalyptic Schlock:
Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn
Yor, the Hunter from the Future
1990: The Bronx Warriors

Arnold Schwartzenegger
Conan the Barbarian
The Terminator
Commando
Predator
Raw Deal
The Runninng Man
Red Heat
Twins

Main character in that movie walks like he's been hosed in the rear end just prior to every scene, it's kind of incredible.

I really like the 1988 movie The Beast, a movie about the war in Afghanistan that came out the same year as Rambo III and is far superior in my opinion. That's gonna be my contribution to this list I think, because I imagine most of the essentials are already mentioned after 5 pages.

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

Some pretty basic picks itt.

Videodrome
Thief
Near dark
Repo Man
Altered states
Brazil

Gallow
Apr 9, 2002

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
Revenge of the Nerds since it shows a series of sex crimes that would trigger large swaths of the modern population

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Gallow posted:

Revenge of the Nerds since it shows a series of sex crimes that would trigger large swaths of the modern population
but he used the rape to convince her that she wanted to have sex with him. also its kind of her fault for unambiguously denying consent to all his sexual advances

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Ishtar

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Randarkman posted:

I really like the 1988 movie The Beast, a movie about the war in Afghanistan that came out the same year as Rambo III and is far superior in my opinion. That's gonna be my contribution to this list I think, because I imagine most of the essentials are already mentioned after 5 pages.

Agreed, although I rarely mention it because nobody else seems to be aware of it. It's based off a play, oddly enough. Great movie.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
New Wave Hookers

iSimian
Jan 19, 2008

Well, there's your problem!
Action Jackson
Lethal Weapon

Wizchine
Sep 17, 2007

Television is the retina
of the mind's eye.
I had a soft spot for Dangerously Close - high school newspaper editor and his punker friend uncover a clique of violent, fascist jock "vigilantes"

Bob James
Nov 15, 2005

by Lowtax
Ultra Carp
Hollywood Shuffle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces