Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

hah, seems like an appropriate username+reply combo, there! :D

And yeah drat, that was :stonk:. The prison had only been open for a day, and the prisoners are being sexually abused...good lord.
(Oh yeah, I suppose the 'darkened room' part was simply due to a power failure, but everything else was uh...slightly horrifying :stare:)

Major Isoor fucked around with this message at 06:42 on May 15, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Major Isoor posted:

Long time no see, KUK!

Lmao. KUK

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Major Isoor posted:

hah, seems like an appropriate username+reply combo, there! :D

And yeah drat, that was :stonk:. The prison had only been open for a day, and the prisoners are being sexually abused...good lord.
(Oh yeah, I suppose the 'darkened room' part was simply due to a power failure, but everything else was uh...slightly horrifying :stare:)

The quickest I've ever had anything go to hell like this was in Planetbase, where I had my colonists build a solar panel to power the oxygen generator as soon as the game started and then got so caught up in building the dorms and canteen and stuff that I forgot to build the rest of the power system so all my colonists asphyxiated within minutes of the sun going down their first night. RIP.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

ArfJason posted:

i wouldnt be able to say since i didnt play it but most of what ive heard is that the writing for the plot is bad, but the writing for all the sidequests and little worldbuilding details was really well done.

as for the writing in DX:HR everyone is kind of one dimensional and straight faced, and the interesting concepts introduced by transhumanism are mostly used as window dressing. Interesting window dressing but not explored in as much depth as they could have. I mean, I guess DX1 wasnt specifically about bioengineering humans and the impact of a single governing authority, but i feel DXHR could have been something way more special.
it's really bizarre that the random hobos and street preachers and stuff are the ones concerned with the economic and class-based issues raised by transhumanism and every single power player, even the serious businessmen, only ever talk in vague emotional terms about whether it's unnatural or whatever. I guess that's not necessarily unrealistic though lol but I donm't think that was a statement they were deliberately making

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Major Isoor posted:

Long time no see, KUK!
What have you been up to, in your mapgaming? A little while ago I somehow got the CK2 'close call' achievement (randomly a little while after I threw someone with symptoms of the plague out of my castle onto the street, interestingly - not right after it happened), although I think it must be bugged, surely, since only 0.08% of players have it.
I haven't really done anything in my Paradox games since then, though.

EDIT: Oh, not really an 'achievement' in a good sense I suppose, but my prison in Prison Architect may be closed down in record time! Since for one reason or another, a couple of my guards ushered some of my new arrivals into a darkened room, where they then stripped the handcuffed prisoners naked, and pushed them against the desk and table, while standing behind them...Somehow I think I've hired people worse than those I'm meant to imprison, as my guards!

Haven't been map gaming in well over a year now but the itch never goes away. Stay safe out there on the battlefields of medieval Europe, Major.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Top KUK

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

lmao

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

It's even funnier if you're Swedish.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Laputanmachine posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Laputanmachine posted:

:munch::stare::stare: :frogon:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Laputanmachine posted:

I don't see how it could possibly be funnier.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

Laputanmachine posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i looked it up... its less funny

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
I got flawless raider by soloing the Crota raid

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005
Achievement for teabagging five decapitated heads in rise of the triad

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Better Fred Than Dead posted:

I got flawless raider by soloing the Crota raid

Same, but the deathsinger can go gently caress itself

Hollenhammer
Dec 6, 2005

HORMELCHILI posted:

All of my rare acheivement list are high scores on bad pinball tables that nobody else played
same

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013

• Locked thread