Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

54 40 or gently caress posted:

Lol@. The diaper genie thing. The crunchy wtf moment I had was learning about "elimination communication".

I totally buy used pretty much everything. Clothes in particular esp right now because he's growing so fast and I'm not dumping a truckload of money on clothes made for children by children

I learned about that in sociology or something. I was shocked to discover people in places like the US had time and inclination to try that poo poo.

Pretty much all the clothing my kid has owned has been secondhand. A very nice lady with a kid exactly two sizes ahead of him helped until he was 3, but we knew her because she worked with kiddo's (paternal) grandma, and that dick company fired her and hired someone who would so the same thing for half the pay. Boomers gently caress each other over all the time, which makes the wholly sincere "MILLENNIALS ARE SCUM :argh:" poo poo even funnier.

Secondhand shops since then. Now he wants to help pick, which, NBD, but I'm waiting for "I want Air Jordans" or whatever. He already asked me for a fidget spinner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

He already asked me for a fidget spinner.

Sorry mate. Leave him out in the woods and try again.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
If we did that to every kid who wanted something a classmate had, we'd have like four children per 10000 adults

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

If we did that to every kid who wanted something a classmate had, we'd have like four children per 10000 adults

Guys! Just found a solution to every world problem!

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
Be careful what you wish for. One day, the feral forest people will come out of the trees and conquer us all.

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Space Taxi posted:

Be careful what you wish for. One day, the feral forest people will come out of the trees and conquer us all.

Then Mother Nature will rule with her children and all will be well

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

And somehow you'll still be unable to figure out how to get that drat baby sling to work :negative:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

actionjackson posted:

I have a cousin who does this for a living. It's kind of awkward not being able to tell her it's dumb. But it lets her work and live wherever she wants in the world.

does she buy into that poo poo wholeheartedly or does she see it as more of a 'eh its a living'? I mean I'd start a loving mommy blog if I could make money out of it.

I'd use the lady in my avatar as my stern matronly facade, I wonder how many people would catch up on that.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016

One kid will carve a fidget spinner out of oak and civilisation will be hosed all over again.

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Motherfucker posted:

does she buy into that poo poo wholeheartedly or does she see it as more of a 'eh its a living'? I mean I'd start a loving mommy blog if I could make money out of it.

I'd use the lady in my avatar as my stern matronly facade, I wonder how many people would catch up on that.

you could also use your forums name

54 40 or fuck
Jan 4, 2012

No Yanda's allowed

Panfilo posted:

And somehow you'll still be unable to figure out how to get that drat baby sling to work :negative:

I will wear this baby if it's the last thing I do

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

ProperCoochie posted:

I hear that compared to previous generations, Millennials are slightly less likely to march into whatever foreign nation their government says to and wildly fire into a crowded marketplace.

The same millennials also be like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gXBDkevx5lM&t=97s

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

It shuts them up, keep at it.
It shut mine up, at least

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

*Believes that raising a child is in any way rewarding or worthwhile.*

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You are going to need to wear a couple if you plan to go out in public though.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Also due to video-game murder programming millenials have the least empathy of any generation, so even as a non-joke this post doesn't make any sense

This is true, I don't give a gently caress when Kremlings die.

Ceciltron
Jan 11, 2007

Text BEEP to 43527 for the dancing robot!
Pillbug
Wtf is 'elimination communication"

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Ceciltron posted:

Wtf is 'elimination communication"

Im a better mommy than you because I know* exactly when my baby is going to poop or pee and dont make them wear diapers.

*I have no goddamn clue

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
It's where parents use timing, behaviorial cues, and supposedly intuition to know when their baby is about to move bladder or bowel, and therefore parents are able to hold them out the window or put them on the toilet or over the town hole or whatever.

It makes sense in a literal village with no plumbing (and warm weather), not much that can be used as diapers, and an easy way to keep the kid relatively clean. It does not make sense in a Manhattan apartment. Or anywhere else where diapers are for sale.nearby.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
How much of a degenerate gambling addict do you have to be to roll the dice on whether your kid shits all over your $2000 couch.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
The claim is that babies raised this way get toilet trained much faster/easier. Though I have no idea if that is true or not. I know that before a certain age kids can't even physically hold it so thinking you can train your ten month old to crawl into the human litter box in the laundry room to poop seems dubious.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Panfilo posted:

The claim is that babies raised this way get toilet trained much faster/easier. Though I have no idea if that is true or not. I know that before a certain age kids can't even physically hold it so thinking you can train your ten month old to crawl into the human litter box in the laundry room to poop seems dubious.

They might be trained easier because the parents are extra intimate with the kid's "I'm gonna poop" face. That's on the parents, not the kid.

Also, I attended a prekindergarten graduation today. Little caps and robes. Except for one kid, that one just wore the cap.

(that one was mine)

Edit: was his decision, not mine. He said he felt "too silly."

CassandraZara
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
My baby still wears diapers but it is sooo obvious when he's about to pee or poop, I don't think it was this way for my first kid though.

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
*kid never gets to ride in the back of the truck*

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

*unable to hide the looming sadness behind the toothy grinning tirade of endless Facebook selfies*

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
*Facebook goes down*

*Doesn't bother to change the baby's clothes for a week*

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Space Taxi posted:

*Facebook goes down*

*Doesn't bother to change the baby's clothes for a week*

*gets an Instagram account instead*

#baby #babypic #babybeingbaby #babiesofinstagram #poopies #huggiesdiapers #mommy #supermommy #thisisgoingonmymommyblog

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
"#growingupsofast #modelmaterial #youngfashionguru #destined4greatness :love: ;-* :byodame:"

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
the diaper genie is a piece of loving poo poo with proprietary bags and breaks all the time, i got some air tight metal bin that takes garbage bags for half the cost, loving hated the diaper genie

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin
*Posts mundane picture of the baby making GBS threads or literally anything*
" :byodame: :byodame: :byodame: :byodame: :byodame: "

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

LiterallyAnything posted:

*Posts mundane picture of the baby making GBS threads or literally anything*

raising a kid with your spouse in your own place is much harder than living in your mother's basement eating cheetos :)

Prude
Nov 28, 2010

by Reene

Do it ironically posted:

raising a kid with your spouse in your own place is much harder than living in your mother's basement eating cheetos :)

Unfortunately for every social media loving parent out there, difficult does not equate to interesting. At least, not when that experience is something a majority of people will have.

Space Taxi
Oct 31, 2016
*boy starts playing with a toy truck*

*parent dives and slaps it out of his hand like it was a live grenade*

Return Of JimmyJars
Jun 24, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
*kid wears $40 cloth diapers*
*Has 5 drawers stuffed to the bin with collectible diaper prints that she trades like Pokemon cards*

*Has a nervous breakdown when kid learns to potty train*

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Return Of JimmyJars posted:

*kid wears $40 cloth diapers*
*Has 5 drawers stuffed to the bin with collectible diaper prints that she trades like Pokemon cards*

*Has a nervous breakdown when kid learns to potty train*

Cloth diapers are actually a cheaper alternative to diapers that just go into a landfill and most services include the covers as well

That being said we tried them but gently caress it's hard especially if you go out and they poo poo like you gotta put that in a ziploc bag and carry it in the diaper bag or whatever we just went back the regular earth killing diapers after the first four months

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
*lets kid watch random youtube vids*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LiterallyAnything
Jul 11, 2008

by vyelkin

Do it ironically posted:

I own my own house and live with my spouse, raising my daughter while I work from home. I only make ~65, but it's enough to afford our mortgage and car payments. I appreciate you admitting how much harder my life is compared to you, although I have to be honest and say we're rather happy and well-off. :shrug:

Do it ironically posted:

*Posts mundane picture of the baby making GBS threads*

The best part is, judging by your reaction post, you're that person.

Do it ironically posted:

Cloth diapers are actually a cheaper alternative to diapers that just go into a landfill and most services include the covers as well

That being said we tried them but gently caress it's hard especially if you go out and they poo poo like you gotta put that in a ziploc bag and carry it in the diaper bag or whatever we just went back the regular earth killing diapers after the first four months

I'm sorry you and yours couldn't afford a hand-bidet and bins made specifically for this purpose. What the gently caress is the point of cloth diapers if you're using a disposable plastic bag to take them out with?

LiterallyAnything fucked around with this message at 06:34 on Jun 11, 2017

• Locked thread