Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
screamapillar
Mar 3, 2004

kevin: buzz your girlfriend woof
I've written an app for guitar players.

https://fretphonic-dojo.herokuapp.com/

It's an ear-training app which shows you the notes of the fretboard as you play. It's still in alpha version, so a bit rough around the edges, but getting your ideas out there and getting feedback as early as possible is the way to go these days. The great thing about it is that you find new possibilities in scales that you thought you knew really well.

Theoretically it could also be extended for banjo players, but I don't want to get too far out of my depth just yet.

So, you just click the play button then click the notes. You can change the scale, the starting fret, etc. It gives you a score. I'm hoping that it will turn into one of those learning tools that musicians use all the time like good-ear.com.

It's using the web audio api, so if you have got an old browser, it won't work. It's free at the moment. I will probably eventually use it to direct traffic towards my blog, which I will create at some point.

I'm looking for feedback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread