Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer
So one of the new implants is called the Medi-Voltaic Regulator, there’s a v2 and v4. It applies a buff when you’re at about 30-35% health, I can’t exactly tell, that causes you to generate health instead of energy on hit. It lasts for a few seconds after your health goes back up and it’s loving incredible.

The new implants are so fun. :allears:

Also in the long term I think that an energy vampire Bloodied Proteus build is probably your best bet to break into high NG+ levels if that’s your bag.

Edit: I’ve determined another major complaint I have with this game. I really wish enemies used more aggressive AI but did about half the damage. The aggressive AI is fun and interesting but the enemies do so much damage you’re forced to be passive much of the time to survive and in NG+ they can outright one shot you even with high health. I wish more of the enemies had more aggressive and active AI and did substantially less damage because then you could go toe to toe with them.

I also sort of wish we got more implant slots sooner into the game, I’m deep into NG+ right now and I’m just now getting enough slots to do fun and interesting builds. Now that we have so many implants I wish that there was an additional rig upgrade in CREO World to give us more slots each run of the game.

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Dec 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I entered the DLC blind in NG+ and found it challenging but fair. The final boss was really fun, a tense fight but one that didn't feel nearly as unforgiving as a lot of the other fights in the game. All of the content in Creo World seems more refined, better balanced and by and large better put together than the vanilla game, and I'm pretty excited to see what this means for The Surge 2 or whatever they do. I think they'd be fools not to continue exploring this world they've made, there's a lot of potential for expanding the universe that the game takes place in.

I love the DLC weapons -- one of them seems to have a hidden effect where it guarantees a limb cut, so I was able to rapidly farm up the DLC enemy drop armor sets. The OGRE body looks dope as hell on my Warren.

Overall, very good DLC, left me with a good feeling -- and I know there's at least a few secrets I still haven't found, almost accidentally discovering a very important hidden lore clue as I was dicking around today.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
So I started a new game, and as it turns out (spoiling to be safe), Warren really does wear an Ironmaus T-shirt to his first day at CREO! :haw:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
He's still wearing it after the surgery, too, you can see it poking out of his jumpsuit for the whole game :smith:

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

CommissarMega posted:

So I started a new game, and as it turns out (spoiling to be safe), Warren really does wear an Ironmaus T-shirt to his first day at CREO! :haw:

Notably they didn't add this for the DLC, it was always that way.

I would love to know how much of the Iron Maus memery was planned from the beginning and they always wanted to do CREO World or if Iron Maus was some joke somebody threw in for fun and then it was popular enough to justify building an expansion around.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CJacobs posted:

He's still wearing it after the surgery, too, you can see it poking out of his jumpsuit for the whole game :smith:

gently caress, that depressing :smith: I'mma wear that Iron Maus suit for the rest of the game now.

Lightning Knight posted:

I would love to know how much of the Iron Maus memery was planned from the beginning and they always wanted to do CREO World or if Iron Maus was some joke somebody threw in for fun and then it was popular enough to justify building an expansion around.

Maybe a bit of both? I can see them going "Hey, if this game sells well enough, we'll make an expansion," then some other guy adding "Hey, Klaus in the Art Department made a badass mouse, can we throw that dude in?" and going from there.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

CommissarMega posted:

Maybe a bit of both? I can see them going "Hey, if this game sells well enough, we'll make an expansion," then some other guy adding "Hey, Klaus in the Art Department made a badass mouse, can we throw that dude in?" and going from there.

I dunno, but I sincerely wish they'd do another DLC or two in the same vein as CREO World, i.e. a full level with a boss or two. They have a few built in jumping off points yet, they could use the virtual reality throw away lines from that one Don video or make it canon that CREO actually was building a secret space base for rich people on the side.

I wouldn't say no to a The Surge 2: The Surging so they could fix some of the game's structural problems though. I really like the idea of FutureSouls and I want to play more of it, honestly.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
After the DLC, I"m fully on board for a sequel. I think the DLC is a vastly better crafted piece of content then a lot of the main game. The enemies don't seem as overpowered as in the base game, so I can actually afford to take a few hits. The bosses are especially improved in this way, the final DLC boss is actually a ton of fun because its a boss that lets me dance around with it a bit and feel out its rhythms, which is fun, as opposed to the Big Sister fight where I gently caress up and die instantly as a result. There's also far less fumbling with the camera, and the level is expansive and creative.

If they did a Surge 2 with 5 zones and 5 bosses as good as this DLC's, I'd be very happy. I love a lot of the little things about this game's setting and world. I want them to continue to flesh out the setting. Taking it to space seems like an obvious next step, but they could easily explore some other parts of earth, visit some other megacompanies, maybe do a "20 years after the fall of CREO" scenario

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Also CREO is really realistically evil.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I've said it here and on CJacobs' stream, but having played the DLC I hope that if Deck 13 does a The Surge 2™, I'd like it to occur in the immediate aftermath of the game's ending, where you play Elizabeth trying to save Warren, with Largo as your assistant guy (though not as treacherous as Sally, obviously)

Speaking of the DLC, is there any quick way back to CREO World once you reach R&D? Or do I have to do the level until the Security dudes show up? 'Cos I've got the Iron Maus suit and I'm ready to face down my arch-nemesis.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
There's an entrance to Creo World right outside the ops center (it's the big shutter up the stairs across from the display cases in case you haven't realized it's interactable). You can use the entrance as soon as Largo tells you about its existence, which should happen as soon as you enter the area.

edit: Makes me wonder if finishing the dlc allows you to access the rest of the game world before doing R&D, which changes a whole lotta stuff and plops security guards everywhere. Normally you're stuck in R&D and can't leave until you finish it, but you take the train back to Central Production at the end of the dlc, right?

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Dec 15, 2017

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

CJacobs posted:

There's an entrance to Creo World right outside the ops center (it's the big shutter up the stairs across from the display cases in case you haven't realized it's interactable). You can use the entrance as soon as Largo tells you about its existence, which should happen as soon as you enter the area.

edit: Makes me wonder if finishing the dlc allows you to access the rest of the game world before doing R&D, which changes a whole lotta stuff and plops security guards everywhere. Normally you're stuck in R&D and can't leave until you finish it, but you take the train back to Central Production at the end of the dlc, right?

Hey you. Where is my new thread I was promised? :colbert:

I've got my sick nasty weapon tier list. :yayclod:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Sorry, computer problems persisted longer than I thought they would. Ironically I had a The Surge and some stuff quit working, but it's all fixed now. It'll be coming later today.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

CJacobs posted:

Sorry, computer problems persisted longer than I thought they would. Ironically I had a The Surge and some stuff quit working, but it's all fixed now. It'll be coming later today.

Oh poo poo man I was just loving with you, take your time. I have to recheck all my poo poo anyway because I realized I had a bad source for the DLC weapons, so I’m going to have to do it by manually checking them in game. :downs:

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

CJacobs posted:

Well, there is a lift back to R&D once you've taken that ramp (I know, I've just used it), but I don't know how the game handles things if you take the train instead of the R&D shortcut back. I'll post once I've finished off the last DLC boss. Never mind, see below. It's kind of a bummer, really :v:

EDIT:

Lightning Knight posted:

I've got my sick nasty weapon tier list. :yayclod:

Which of the staves would you say is the best? The 2.0 Kingfisher's great and attacks really fast (seriously, I have no idea why staves are listed as Medium speed), but it seriously lacks elemental and crush damage, and I'm wondering whether that'd be a hindrance from R&D onwards.

CommissarMega fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Dec 15, 2017

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

CJacobs posted:

Oh I didn’t actually see this edit but I tested this, no you’re still locked in R&D until you finish. You can go to CREO World but if you don’t take the train in, it doesn’t come for you, so there’s no way back to Central Production B.

Edit: ^ is there a Kingfisher v2? I know there’s Helvig’s and then the regular S&R but I haven’t seen anyone say they got Helvig’s v2.

Anyway yeah Helvig’s is probably a the best staff in the game now and is easily the best from the perspective of how early you can get it.

I seriously have a whole thing with S to F tier it’s loving stupidly long. I figured now that there’s so many goddamn weapons in the game someone might as well have a post outlining which ones are actually worth using and which ones are lore fodder. :goonsay:

Lightning Knight fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Dec 15, 2017

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Lightning Knight posted:

is there a Kingfisher v2? I know there’s Helvig’s and then the regular S&R but I haven’t seen anyone say they got Helvig’s v2.

Yeah, Helvig's staff is what I meant by the Kingfisher 2.0- I seriously couldn't remember the staff's name when I posted, derp :downs:

Anyway, a minor spoiler for the three people who bought The Surge but haven't played through the DLC with the Iron Maus armour: If you rescue Rusty Rat while wearing the Iron Maus armour, he'll comment on it :allears:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Lightning Knight posted:

Oh I didn’t actually see this edit but I tested this, no you’re still locked in R&D until you finish. You can go to CREO World but if you don’t take the train in, it doesn’t come for you, so there’s no way back to Central Production B.

Ahh, darn, but it's cool that they thought of that at least! That's one way to keep the player from sequence breaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Just posted the new thread. I look forward to seeing you all there, and also contributing to the OP which is kinda extensive and kinda barebones at the same time at the moment. Enjoy!

CJacobs fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Dec 16, 2017

• Locked thread