Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Orion says , "Fifteen minutes?!" I mean, sure, it wasn't a major expenditure of his powers, and he didn't get as tired as he used to, but the thought of him just holding his hand under something for fifteen minutes, dying of boredom... that was like an eternity! He folds his arms, saying, "Oh, I guess I could um-" Wait! It probably wouldn't be too much trouble to maintain it as long as he could see it, at least. Loosening, he makes a ball of red energy with a flare, and then rolls it beneath his palms into a flattened disc that starts to heat. "Something like this?", he says, offering to slide it under.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Jay had to admit, he liked the cut of this Nezzar’s jib. The words the louse-man spoke had a nice ring to them, even if Jay didn’t entirely grasp what he was getting at with this good world of giving business. But giving to others was good, the boy knew that much. It made him happy, made others happy, and something that made everyone happy couldn’t be wrong. With that thought swirling around in his head, Jay scooped up the toy copter, giving another nod at Joseph’s words.

“Right.” At Joseph’s second question, Jay pauses for a moment as he considers it. Then, after a moment, he shrugs. “Called a helicopter. Wing’s broke, but it’s ‘pposed to fly. Least, the real thing is. Dunno ‘bout this one.”

Looking not all that concerned about whether or not the toy can actually function, Jay follows along after Joseph, seemingly content with his choice.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

"Well, if it's broken, I bet we can fix it. That might be fun! And I'd like to see it fly. I don't know if we'll have time now, if something's happening, but maybe soon?" Joseph muses about it, idly taking the pocket knife out of his pocket and checking each of its tools as he walks. Some of them are a bit stickier than others to flip out -- rust in the workings? -- but it looks solid enough, useful enough. A very good gift, especially if they do need to fix the helicopter.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

As the chaos continued, Yuri's voice could be heard from somewhere. "What? Renard, stay away from there. That's the sugar!" And he'd end up with a seriously depleted bag of sugar to return to Thistle. "I managed to save some of it." He said.

The expression on his face spoke of genuine irritation at the fox' antics and that he only managed to save this much. The sugar sticking to his face told a different story.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Thistle clapped his hands delightedly at Orion's show of power. "Oh man Red, that's awesome! You're so cool!" He raised his pan of prepared berry cobbler so his brother could slide it underneath, listening with half an ear to the chaos unfolding around them. He couldn't remember why they were all gathered here (was it someone's birthday?), but he was happy they had.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Looking away with a slight roll of his eyes, Orion says to Thistle, "It's not really a big deal or anything..." as he rubs his neck.

As he spots Yuri, he makes a fist and covers his mouth to try and half-assedly hide a chuckle. "Hey, you need help with that dumb fox?", he offers with a grin.

Alien Rope Burn fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Jun 1, 2017

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Thistle saw Orion's mildly awkward body language and immediately jumped to the not hasty and 100% correct conclusion that Orion didn't feel like his compliment was sincere or effusive enough. "No really, I mean it! Fire powers are so freaking cool, and you can do so many cool things with them. I bet this cobbler's gonna taste so good!"

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:d: Scene: Aisle of Plenty, the Never-Never (Everyone)

Everything was in motion as if the adventure had already begun, as Jay and Joseph arrived to find the concession stand of the old theater converted into a makeshift kitchen between the maigo, and the gang was finally reunited, with Darling leaping up and twinkling into a larger, if still rather sleight, projection, waving them in. "Just in time! Why is it the responsible ones that are arriving last? Your fellows are making such a mess." And indeed, the flour and sugar marred the dilapidated and overgrown background with puffs of white here and there, there was a flash of orange fur her and there as occasionally someone tried to collect the fox, though he showed his face at Orion's comment, leaping up onto the table.

"You'll find me twice as clever as I need to be, and thrice more clever than any lost boy, Sir Orion. I am the cleverest that ever was, and ever would be, and certainly not dumb," Renard's ego always being his greatest foible. "I've proven it time and time again, though one as green in horn as you perhaps wouldn't understand. Sir Gerald and the Princess can attest, or else they would not be here with such alacrity!"

Tricky Dick Nixon fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jun 1, 2017

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

"Thrice as clever as some Lost Boy perhaps?" Yuri leans in casually against a door. "I mean, sure, you can sneak an egg away from Thistle, but a rabid wolverine could sneak the panout of his kitchen when he's in a good singing mood and he'd barely notice, sorry Thistle, mate." He smirked at the fox. "But compared to the likes of me, who's fooled witches and pirates and stole the clock from 6 o' 'now where did I put it', you're kind of an amateur. I mean, do you have any tricks you can really pride yourselves on recently? Besides eggs and sugar?" He hastily wiped his face.

Voice to Create Advantage over Renard: 4dF+1 0

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 00:43 on May 31, 2017

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

Say what you will about Gerald, he's got a good sense for the kitchen. That's Clade 1 for you. Even if he was just there for a few years. Diligently working and improvising and turning mistakes into creativity reminds him of spending time with his foster dads, in a good way. He's got something to salvage, and the stormy Blue calms naturally.

"Cut Renard some slack! He's been around since I was a baby, and he never ate me once. He just showed me and Amanita a way through the Parallels...uh, somehow. Took a clockwise turn and burrowed through thin air. That's a pretty clever trick! Also, he went from the forest floor to hopping on top of a flying Lost Boy. That's clever too! I guess! But let's aim for the first one more than the second one."

Kellsterik fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 31, 2017

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

The plates and shiny silverware were set along with napkins and those strange ‘doilies’ that Darling called them. The table however was missing something. It needed something pretty in the center of the table. Amanita turned back to the room with a smile

“Hey, Darling-”

Her question was cut off with a puff of white stuff wafting out of the kitchen. She paused a bit at the display, but furrowed as she saw a familiar floof streak across the doorway. Something clattered to the floor and some shouts from Darling reached her ears. Kwahu gave out a squawk to get Amanita’s attention. Once the bird was sure it got her attention, he gave a look to Amanita, before pointing into the kitchen. She gave a nod before walking into the fray.

“Hey guys, do you need some-” CLANG

Something else hit the floor, a large pot. It made a noise that bothered her ears, and look for the source of that troublesome noise. Their darling Minder was still chasing Renard with a broom and shouting for it to leave, but it wouldn’t listen. Seemed like the fox was too busy indulging in whatever it sank its jaws in. Wait a minute…

She looked to the larder and saw some bacon, barely touched by the rumpus. She had a smile on her face.

She took some bacon and went for the stove, gave a wave to Thistle. “Hey, may I help you?” She asked. She saw an empty burner and a frying pan to the right. With everything she needed, she started cooking the bacon. Kwahu was still on her shoulder and cocked its head at Amanita. It gave a peck on the side of her head, but she shushed him. Her hand moved to the compartment Kwahu carried with him, opened it, and reached in. She pulled out a small green herb that looked puffy to the eye. She wasn’t sure if the old fox knew what the herb was - cleverness wasn’t the same as wisdom, or at least she hoped that it wasn’t - but she certainly knew it. She turned her head behind her to make sure Renard was listening.

“Please don’t bother us you old fox!” She said aloud as she sprinkled the green herb on the rashers of bacon as they started to take on a delicious odour...

Considering that this will require cleverness of mind, Amanita will be rolling with Wings to make Renard eat the drugged bacon…

Result is a 0...

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 18:38 on May 31, 2017

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

The smell of the delicious bacon certainly caught Yuri's attention. Of course, he could just wait for it to be done and get his share, like a normal person.

Psh yeah right.

He exchanged a look with Shesht, trying to position himself a bit away. When Amanata looked away towards Renard, the magpie snagged one of the slices of bacon and quickly darted away. The treat being brought up to Yuri, who divided it in two with his bird, then looking at Thistle, and feeling a bit bad for dunking on his long time buddy called out. "Hey, Thistle, have a taste too."

He grinned smugly at Renard. "See, while you were stealing raw eggs, I waited until the food was just about ready to steal it. See, face it Renard, you're outfoxed." And he happily snacked down on the meat.

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Thistle took a quick break from monitoring the cobbler to accept his free bacon. "Thanks Yuri, you're the best!" He wolfs down the bacon, wondering as he did if there was something he was supposed to be doing, or maybe watching? It was kinda fuzzy, so it couldn't be that important, right?

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:d: Scene: The Cinema Show, the Never-Never (Everyone)

The fox's tail moves back and forth in an almost hypnotic, slightly unnatural way as its intensely blue eyes move from one of the maigo to the next. Pompous as Renard one, it would be a mistake to take it as arrogance, as he was far more astute than the other members of Nimue's court. He watches all the little movements, spots the bit of green magic and herbalism moving, and then as the magpie and squire move to take their bits, he shifts his head to the side as if to show the smile down the side of his snout. Was this exactly as he planned? There was not much time, but there was a twinkle of intelligence in that eye as he regarded the Princess for a moment, and then sighed and settled with his uncooked egg in his palms.

"My, outwitted by the birds. I dearly hope none of my fellow foxes hear of this. They will talk about it for days..."

Yet he is shooed off the table by Darling's broom, taking the egg in his mouth and giving a slight huff. There's a strange sound, like the tuning of an orchestra, coming from the large double doors on the wall behind the concession stand turned kitchen, soft and barely heard, as the lights even out here feel like they are dimming. There is a rattling sound. The projector has started up, and one can almost smell a slight burning smell of heat and light. Darling speaks with a bit of urgency. "She is here! Quick, clean yourselves up and look presentable for once. You know it's important." Offering her own assistance to do so.

The window to enjoy their breakfast rapidly closing, so too was the moment to give gifts if one had them, at least until after the briefing, and if things went the way they usually do, it would mean an adventure would be upon them before they know it, so it might be best to make use of usch opportunities.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Oh no...

Things were going wrong. Amanita suddenly found herself at the stove with so many foodstuffs, and Laughing Thistle had consumed the bacon. Golden-Winged Yuri had too, and she nodded to Kwahu to get him to make him drop it, but it was far too late. And now their Darling minder was calling them back to their adventure. As excited as she was for this happening, Breakfast looked like it was fading with Thistle…

That wouldn’t do. Greenlily grabbed her laughing companion by the shoulder - giving him her own - and tried to grab the cobbler he was working on; there was a mitt and while it was far too large for her hand, it at least let her take the cobbler with them to the theatre. Slowly she tried to guide Thistle onwards and help keep him on his feet. “Right this way, Thistle. Easy does it…”

AlienDawg did some strange but happy things to her, but she wasn’t sure how poor Thistle was going to take it…

She gave a whistle to Kwahu to follow them, and the bird silently obeyed, landing on Amanita’s head. Both these companions felt heavy on her as she continued walking the both of them to the theatre.

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Hah, guess you don't measure up to bird-brains." Yuri grinned, chuckled and looked at Shesht, who looked a bit confused, then flew around, making a mocking cry as he started circling the kitchen, which seemed to make Yuri's grin to an outright hysterical laugh.

When the light suddenly goes dimmer and that sound appears, Yuri's laughter just intensifies. "She's coming. Heehee.. .but breakfast isn't ready yet. Hahahahah... oooh, oooh, guys.... hahah, sorry Shesht ate the bacon. He was a bit... peckish. Heeheeheee...." Yuri barely could keep to his feet with barely contained mirth and leaned on Jospeh, if he was nearby. "Hahahah... Hey... and we're... present... that's the best kind of presentable"

In the meantime, Shesht noticed that Kwahu was settling on Amanita'shead, and seemed to agree that it looked like a very comfortable spot to sit on a bit, so Amanita would soon have a magpie sitting next to the eagle on her head, the bird appearing to be... mimicking the eagle's watchful gaze, the drugged bird swaying a bit unsteadily from left to right as it was trying to act oh so very focused. The moment Yuri noticed that, he completely lost all ability of speech in favour of helpless laughter.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

"If you're so clever, why not just wait and ask for a slice, huh?", Orion says to Reynard has he floats for a moment. "We'd share if you wouldn't make such a fuss!" Honestly, they'll probably end up sharing anyway. So it goes.

Looking over to Thistle, he says, "'Snot that big a deal or anything, I mean, it's just a fire..." He snaps out of his mumbly state, and then looks up to Darling. There's a flare of light and heat for a moment as his hair flickers a bit as he just burns away any mess in a moment, and then sticks out his tongue slightly and he goes to make sure his hair is settled before settling down, sitting atop the back of a seat to inhale a slice of cobbler.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Caught off guard by the unexpected but really it totally should have been expected chaotic sight waiting for him, it took Jay a few moments to collect himself before he could work up a response. Why was there a fox in the kitchen? Why was Ammy trying to feed it bacon? Why were the others even cooking in the first place? Eh, didn’t matter, he thought. Instead, Jay focused on what Darling was saying, and at her words about arriving late and ‘she is here’, he gave a frown.

“Didn’t say to rush. Shoulda said we had guests. Thistle, catch!”

Tossing the toy copter overhand, it soared through the air not unlike the actual machine before plummeting down towards the earth. The laughing boy would have to be trusted to receive it, but Jay figured the shout should be enough warning.

“Gift for you. Joseph, c’mere.”

Jay’s own person already relatively well groomed from earlier, he began to peer over the ‘younger’ boy, brushing off loose hairs and other collected piles from the wilderness.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

"Hello, everyone! Orion, I got you a..."

Joseph stops short, just inside the maelstrom that is the theater kitchen. There's a fox with an egg in his mouth, and... how could he even describe what had happened with the mess in here? And his fellows, laughing, several of them somewhat off. "... what's going on? What did you all do?"

Onesimus nudges him forward, just in time for him to be rather suddenly leaned on by Yuri, who is not quite himself -- or too much himself. "Yuri? Are you all right? We've got to..."

and then the dimming lights, the faint smell of a film projector, and urgency. Urgency. Joseph gently tries to nudge Yuri to his feet, even as he steps forward to let Jay take care of the leaves in his hair. The operant word is "gently," however, so if Yuri isn't inclined to move, he very well may not. Still, Joseph whispers to him, with obvious worry in his voice. "Yuri, this is important!"

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Thistle suddenly felt...funny. Not like in a giggle-inducing, belly laugh kind of way, like he usually felt. More mellow, more attuned to the universe's absurdity. He felt his consciousness expand, and with that expansion came understanding, and with that understanding came a weird sort of joy. He passively trailed along with Amanita's guidance, thinking deep thoughts - or at least what he felt like were deep thoughts - as the mysteries of the universe revealed themselves to him.

Fortunately, Thistle was still a creature of instinct, and those instincts weren't foggy enough to pass up on a free toy helicopter. He gently reached out and snatched the toy out of the air. "Cool...thanks Jay..." He watched the rotors spinning in his hand, but as they got closer to the cinema, he was distracted by yet another profound revelation.

"Hey, a movie is like its own dimension, you know?" Thistle paused there to let his words sink in, and to think about where he was actually going with this. "You know, like you turn the lights down and you're quiet, and you're experiencing, like, this moment along with everyone else. Not just in the theatre, I mean. Like, it's like one singular thing, and you're doing it along with everyone else who's seeing the movie, and ever seen this movie and ever will, right? You're linked, you know?"

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

At least in his current mood, Yuri is relatively easily steered, barely watching where he was being led to as he walked. When Sir Jay told him it was important, Yuri nodded. "Oh yeah, yeah, serious business. Serious face." He gave Sir Jay an intensely stern expression that hold for about 1.5 seconds before he broke into another bout of wild laughter. "Aaaah, Joseph, you're so serious you crack me up. It's hilahahahhaarious."

He let himself get planted in the seat, passing up on the usual acrobatics on account of the bouts of laughter that unbalanced him.

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Kwahu gave a long glance to Shesht, not trying to think how in blazes the two of them are standing on Amanita’s head. He tried to pay little heed to being surrounded by Amanita’s unfortunate victims, but then her Violet friend said something that craned the eagle’s head in his direction.

If Kwahu had a palm he’d be resting his face on it. If he had a mouth like the other Lost Boys he’d sigh too while he was at it…

Amanita made it to the table along with Thistle who said something that made her think. She had put down the cobbler, and thankfully the fox did nothing to the table. She grabbed a spoonful of the hot cobbler while the movie started.

“How do we enter the movie?” She whispered between chews. The idea fascinated her. She was reaching in one of her pouches for her Map.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 21:54 on Jun 2, 2017

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Thistle slowly shook his head as he absentmindedly fidgeted with his copter and watched the screen with bemused interest. "Nonono, you don't go into the, the movie's just, like lights on the wall. It's the audience. Like, you're watching a movie, right? And then a guy jumps out from behind a door? You jump, because you're scared. But it's not just you who jumped, right? Everyone who watches gets scared, in the same way and by the same thing, whether they were watching it now or like a billion years ago. So for that moment, they share consciousness, along with everyone who's ever seen the movie, every moment in time it's ever been watched, except instead of a moment, it's a whole movie. You're, like the same as everyone else in the theatre, right? I wonder if anyone's ever switched places when that happens?"

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

Leaf from Joseph’s hair still in hand, Jay stared at Yuri for a while in mild confusion. Was this some sort of new prank that the Golden Knight had devised? No, it didn’t seem like it. He seemed too sincere for it to be a joke or jest of some kind. The sudden laughter was rather unusual as well, when nothing had happened to actually provoke such humor and enjoyment. Shaking his head in bewilderment, Jay gave a pat on Joseph’s back to show that he was finished grooming him before saying,

“Wrong ‘J’, Yuri. You mean this guy.”

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Looking over to Joseph from here he's sitting, Orion blinks, and then asks, "... a what?", curiously between bites before finishing his slice. He looks up to the screen, though, his magenta eyes shining with sudden understanding. "Oh, it's a light projector?", he says, before a pair of ruby bat wings with rudimentary claws blossoms, flying his plate back to the table. "We don't enter it, it's just for show.", he clarifies to Amanita. There's a momentary bit of doubt, and so he asks Thistle, "... right?"

He never was quite sure how things worked around here. He'd grown up around machines, mostly. Comparatively, the Never-Never was consistently... vague.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Joseph overhears Thistle's ruminations, but he can't quite figure them out, and he's not quite sure there's anything to figure out. Everyone knows what movies are for: teaching you something, if it's an old something they don't have any decent programs for, or Recreation Hour if there's a chance for it after the work's done. Frankly, he always liked music better for Recreation Hour. Sometimes it felt like you had to think about movies too hard, almost like it was working. But if that's what the meeting needed... it's what it needed.

Once Jay reassures him he's presentable, Joseph heads to Orion. "... there was a peddler on the road, and I got you a present. It's a knife! A complicated knife. You can do a lot of things with it." He pulls the knife from his pocket and hands it to Orion. "There's some rust but it still works. I tested it."

Tricky Dick Nixon
Jul 26, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

:d: Scene: In the Court of the Chromatic Queen, the Never-Never (Everyone)

As everyone gets settled in their seats, the once empty theater's lights, which were curiously still lit, began to dim, but that only seems to uncover in the shade and shadow a life that did not exist before, twinkling into light. Along with the faery form of their familiars accompanying them at the center seats there, there are the reflection of eyes in the dark, of animals looking on and seeming to materialize here and there, various shapes, sizes and faces. The fullness of the courts of the Never-Never, from the toads to the eagles, filling through the rest of the seats and looking on with interest as well at the screen before them in the old theater, which was backlit with a heavenly white light. Renard himself returned and took one of the seats in front of them, raw egg in his jaws as he looked back with a twinkle in his eye. Not too far away, Jay and Joseph could see the pillbug peddler waving his hat and many limbs in their direction with similar joy.

They knew, after all. They were all parts of this story, as were the Lost Boys at its center.

While they are taking in their surroundings and becoming comfortable, and musing on the possibility of movies acting as a portal to other dimensions, Darling hoists a reel onto the projector, flitting here and there and getting it ready, with goggles and gloves on to protect her eyes and fingers from the bright lights and hot moving parts, able to manipulate it just fine despite appearing in her usual holographic-like state. One the real is in place and the film is being fed through the projector, something else might catch the eye. Filling down at the feet of the auditorium in the recesses beneath the screen itself appear to be various animals with various instruments of classical and less than classical make, a pit orchestra to accompany a movie, to come, playing the soft beats of an overture that expands further and further for all to hear.

:c: Play Music: Watcher of the Skies

Flickering images come onto the screen, but it is more than that. There is the hints just beneath the surface of the magic, the runic doe and the power that is coming to surface from below. While the images flicker with seams here and there, like an old film reel, there is something more. The Lady of the Lake never appears in any form that can be easily grasped, always something greater, something larger, which is why so often she uses the members of her court, the familiars of her maigo, or the minder Darling to communicate her will. yet tonight, she was going to make an appearance, and it would have to be a grand moment indeed. With the swell of the music, the white screen turned to a deep black, but not a void. No, instead of empty Black it was a milky sea of stars and lights that coalesced and filled out, shifting and seeming to stretch outwards, beyond the confines of the screen itself.

Soon enough, the stars stretched and the lights with it, propelling the maigo forward in their seats through a stargate of incredible technicolor, out of the already magical reality of the Never-Never to something that was purely fantasy. The very confines of space meaning little and leaving only their emotions and souls, their bodies shedding their Blissful forms for the Blossoming of your higher selves for a few moments, suspended there in the void with nothing but their friends and their familiars to keep them company as they were grasped and taken to Another Place.

When everything opened up back once more, there was nothing but a sea of colors, and a liquid beneath their feet that was thick enough to suspend them but certainly not solid, rippling at every touch in the mirror pool. Yet even there, there was still the theater screen, a white portal to somewhere else. Streams of numbers and telemetric data moved all around them in this place, the heart of the Lake, and they could recognize it as the stuff that bound everything together. Glastonbury, the Isle of Man, the dreaming worlds, the Never-Never, and the Lady of the Lake. Unbound by the dream-logic of even those realms, it would allow anyone to visualize even the impossible, where normally imagination had small constraints within what it could see through.

But to what end? The white screen that stood there before them materialized a message, an inverse of the black and white title cards and dialogue that would intersperse within silent movies. It was their greeting, and benediction.

Thus did she project the essence of her form, somehow both warm and close by, and distant and titanic in scale, gazing down with a beatific, unmoving face with the screen acting as her medium, the Lady of the Lake, Nimue, showed her face to the maigo. So often in glimpses, or through intermediaries, this was looking upon her completely, and perhaps the meaning of that would be unique to each spectrum of the heart. Whatever the case might be, she did not speak or reach out to them, the screen that existed between them one final barrier, that carried her "voice" and will through to them.

<Will you answer if adventure comes to call?>

One would not expect any to turn it down, and perhaps asking such a question was rhetorical, but it was still uncertain what they were being called to do, and why. Would they ask or make their own suppositions, or wait for her to answer for them?

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Huh... yeah, true... sorry about that." He looked thoughtful. "You know, you're both so serious, think it's something with the J. Maybe I should call you Yae and Yoseph, would you become more relaxed?" He laughed. "Nah, it's fine, I'm the only Y around, and that's perfect."

then the show began, and it was so impressive that even Yuri didn't feel the urge to disturb it, watching the stars with hungry eyes, tense, like he wanted to run in the screen. Of
course, he didn't have to, the screen pulled the Lost Boys in closer. As he traveled, he felt the excitement wash over him, reaching for the flute and whistling merrily, spinning around as he fell/flew/travelled. He tossed the flute upwards, and a brilliant strands of golden light appeared, changing his dirty clothes into a brilliant white tunic, some of them coalescing into brilliant wings on his back, others playfuly wrapping themselves around neck, wrist and ankles, forming what little protection he had. The final strands wrapped around his forehead, forming a slender winged crown, a topaz shimmering in the light. He landed/arrived on top of the liquid, Stretching out like he had been cooped up for days, he raised his hand, grabbing the Dagger-flute out of the air, and whirling it playfully, as the Shest took position on his shoulder.

Whatever had done this, had made short work of the calm the drugged bacon had brought to him. Yuri looked down at the liquid underneath their feet, and with youthful destructiveness, quickly decided to jump up and down in the odd liquid a few times, seeing how it held up, grinning at the ripples and unrest it caused in the placid surface.

Then , the message came. The first one being greeted with an expression of impatience, but the second one, quickly greeted with a leap in the air and a fist pumped in joy. "Yes! Adventure! Bring it on! What are we doing? The Black needs to get its rear end kicked? Big, slimy hiveminds trying to eat us? Oooh, oooh, oooh, is it dragons? It's dragons isn't it? If it's dragons, I called it!"

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Jun 8, 2017

Green Bean
May 3, 2009

Thistle was, not to put too fine a point on it, still high as balls. But literal eons of service, even if the memories were a little vague sometimes, had ploughed well-worn paths into his thoughts. Immediately and without needing to think, he answered, "Always and forever." He still had free will, was still capable of making decisions, but the idea of refusing the Lady's call was so anathema to his very existence that it didn't even occur to him. What kind of Lost Boy would he be without adventure!

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

Flipping open the knife, Orion looks curious. "Oh, it's just- levers? Weird.", he says curiously, opening them up one by one. "Thank you, Jos-"

He's cut off a bit by the sudden show starting.

It was an odd question, though. It's not like Orion ever had much of a choice when it came to adventure, it tended to fall upon him. It's a bit like asking a fish "will you swim?" It's not like he had a choice whether or not become a maigo, at least in his mind. So...

"What do you need?", he asks. Until his abandonment, until he was lost, that's how you interact with elders. They tell you what they need from you and you do it. "If you need me to go on an adventure, sure." The abstraction of the question floated a bit at the top of his brain, as he tried to work it out in regards to the practical.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

“Whatever works for you, Yuri.”

Shrugging once more at the ‘older’ boy’s words, Jay gave a wave back to the peddler that he had met all too recently, especially in a Lost Boy’s time, before he eased back as the film began to play. The music in the air, the images on the screen, and then they were there. Where? There. That place between Somewhere and Everywhere, or something along those lines. The boy didn’t really ‘get it’, but he got it, nonetheless. That sort of shebang.

Rushing forward, the clothes on Jay’s back faded away, replaced with that familiar yet still strange space-suit styled armor the Indigo Scion had donned here and there. Weightless, the boy floated freely in the void, drifted without worry. Here was safety. Here was his brothers and sister in arms. And then came the Lady of the Lake, in all her glory.

It was always different, seeing her in person. Not bad, or odd, or even unusual. Just different. The good kind, the type that feels like it’s going to bring about some kind of change. Or at the very least, give the Lost Boys a chance to stretch their legs, to strut their stuff. At her question, the Indigo Scion just chuckles. Would they even still be here if they wouldn’t say yes? C’mon now, Jay wants to say, ya gotta be kidding with that one. Instead, he frowns as an old, but hardly lost instinct kicks in. Drifting over to the Golden-Winged Knight, Jay delivers a swift chop to the boy’s noggin.

“Language. ’M with ya, but language.”

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jun 8, 2017

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Ouch!"

Yuri rubbed his head as Jay caught him blindsided. Hescowled a bit, then looked back at him, raising his chin defiantly. "What? Language? Oh, I'll give you language!"

"Ker klark rorka. Rorka Tardlu B'krakal!"

And then Yuri started to exclaim a bunch of syllables that weren't really human language, and didn't come out quite right out of a human mouth, but would be recognizable as Burlust.

"Gurtklakan Te... wait, I know this one.... te... ki.... la... ro, Tekilaro prasalk!"

Theirs was a language rich with insults and challenges and other things a parent would dissapprove of, and Yuri had spied on them enough to catch on some of them, figuring out which ones were actually insults out of context.

"Porak, Sargokul, trasada!"

Of course, Burlusts kind of always sound vaguely ready to fight, so about one in four of the words were actually just from sentences like 'what are we having for dinner tonight?' but who'd know really?

"Karstal, brelak, forlokis madrak.... times infinity!"

It ended with a smug grin.

Shogeton fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jun 8, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

It was all well and good to think about the movies of his past, but this is now, and Joseph is transfixed by the rush of color and motion, barely even aware of the transformation coming over him: the formation of the armor of the Amber-Hearted Knight, the amber-brassy chain shirt and plate accents "bejeweled" with glass reflectors that caught the light from the movie screen. Even more light glitters in his crown, the deceptively scrap-like spikes and swirls of brass shining with the smoothness of well-worked metal. If he is, perhaps, more martial-looking than most of his Blossoming comrades, what else can a protective knight look like?

"Of course," Joseph says, quietly and breathlessly, then echoes Thistle. "Always and forever. ... What is it? What should we do?"

AnAnonymousIdiot
Sep 14, 2013

Her eyes went wide, lit up as the Lady’s message made it to her head. Her mouth slacked, waiting for a place to go or for something that must be found. Maybe where the Lady was pointing, maybe right through the screen, maybe if she closed her eyes and wished for adventure with all her heart. Whatever prior thoughts were tossed aside and an eagerness washed over her. Dust entered her body and Amanita felt herself change into a familiar form. Her eyes went to herself and see the familiar green cloak on her sleeves, Dust settling on the tip of her fingers. Kwahu had left his perch on her head, and joined with the myriad Court, probably swooped Shesht with him as he did so.

Amanita doesn’t speak, but her face, eyes and body speak for her. She would go to infinity and beyond.

AnAnonymousIdiot fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Jun 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

When the lights and spacetime start getting all screwy, Gerald elbows new-kid Orion and whispers: "this part is so cool!"

And then their magical selves get launched into the freakin' stratosphere, just barely having time for a proper transformation sequence. He knew the drill by now: majestic tracking shot of Malory, galloping through space. Gerald spinning like a top until he's fully wrapped in his keyboard scarf, then bursting out like a blue comet from between the stag's antlers as the familiar strikes a heroic pose. Scaly jumpsuit, boots and gloves, stormy blue tunic, silver and sapphire tiara, starry eyes, liquid wings, long curly hair growing out like a waterfall down his back. Keyboard scarf blowing behind him in a solar wind. The Blue Knight appears. He squints.

"Though you're a sworn...I can never read that font. Oh, it's us!"

In a Blue lens, the Lady of the Lake looks calm and in control. He doesn't know for sure what that meant to Gwydion, but to Gerald, it's a completely genuine and unforced smile. Through the movie screen, she rests her chin on her hand with her eyes half-lidded. She doesn't need to impress anyone. She sees everything that's happening and still smiles, because she knows it's all going to work out okay in the end. She has the look of someone who is completely invincible and therefore can afford to relax.

That calm is infectious. The Blue Knight bows with a flourish and stifles a giggle at his theatricality. "You can count on me, my Lady!"

• Locked thread