Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Your internet persona is still a fantasy construct, regardless of the increase in time people spend online. If growing up means that you genuinely believe that the truth of who you are is 100% the same as how you post, then you're mentally ill :cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

HoAssHo posted:

FYAD is the only funny forum - they are untouchable in their comedic genius and the rest of us are humorless peons in the face of their greatness

Getting warmer

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Internet trolling is truly the Most Dangerous Game

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
fyad is kind of like the other subforums except pinker

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It's pretty dead now, but has some of the greatest threads of all time. Reading the Failson Hangout thread is a Thanksgiving tradition.

This one is also pretty good https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3475849

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
How I would explain FYAD as if to an old person?

"FY-YAD? I'm sorry, grandpa, I've never heard of it. I wouldn't worry about it. Now, eat your sweet potatoes."

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
hmm yes talk to an elderly person like they're a child. show some respect for your elders you son of a bitch. ...

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
If they made a FYAD movie it'd be called "Forgotten Irony"

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

You're insanely gay take on people's interactions on the internet suggest you think that what you do on the internet is equal to or more valuable than their lives outside of online interactions, and that is fundamentally flawed, weird, and used to get you banned from this website

I'm glad this thread was bumped cuz I missed this. Dude what AFF did was incredibly hosed and it's ironic of you to talk about ~taking internet seriously~ when the only reason you could possibly disagree with me is bc you feel some kind of gay affiliation with him due to posting in the same subforum on the internet. That is what is "insanely gay", actually

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

i like that posted:

I'm glad this thread was bumped cuz I missed this. Dude what AFF did was incredibly hosed and it's ironic of you to talk about ~taking internet seriously~ when the only reason you could possibly disagree with me is bc you feel some kind of gay affiliation with him due to posting in the same subforum on the internet. That is what is "insanely gay", actually

HoAssHo posted:

How could they have known he was so close to the edge that some dumb wikipedia trolling might add to his decision to kill himself? Who in the world could've possibly called that??

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010
i'll tell you who. mods. mods knew

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Creepily reaching out to the journalist to further take shots at an already dead guy, and then also editing his wiki post-mortem to spread rumors about him being a school shooter to impress your internet colleagues - knowing that siblings or family could be contacted or see/hear about that poo poo. Nope that's pretty hosed.

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
"FYAD"

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

i like that posted:

Creepily reaching out to the journalist to further take shots at an already dead guy, and then also editing his wiki post-mortem to spread rumors about him being a school shooter to impress your internet colleagues - knowing that siblings or family could be contacted or see/hear about that poo poo. Nope that's pretty hosed.

Being sincere for a sec, I agree with you.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:

i like that posted:

Yeah, that's a bit much but you're acting like he killed the dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

i like that posted:

You're really into this in a way that is itself a little weird

• Locked thread