Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

McGavin posted:

Well, the cat in that video was roadkill, so it's not like it had much choice.

Huh my cat was sitting pretty so I took that one as living

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
maybe they're gloating

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

maybe they're gloating

They do it to snakes too, so I assume it's a weird defensive formation. :shrug:

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Hail Devil Bird Thing.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Dreddout posted:

They do it to snakes too, so I assume it's a weird defensive formation. :shrug:

it is. within animal behavior it's called predator inspection. prey species will do this occasionally to let a predator know that they have been spotted and are being watched to prevent them from trying to attack. the turkeys doing it to the dead cat are doing it because they're stupid and can't tell the difference between a live cat and a dead one.

BrainParasite
Jan 24, 2003

The Bald Eagle eats garbage and attacks with little provocation. A prescient choice.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

Darkman Fanpage posted:

it is. within animal behavior it's called predator inspection. prey species will do this occasionally to let a predator know that they have been spotted and are being watched to prevent them from trying to attack. the turkeys doing it to the dead cat are doing it because they're stupid and can't tell the difference between a live cat and a dead one.

My cat was pretty chill about the whole affair and was minding her own drat business before the event. I came in and "rescued" her so maybe turkeys are just bitchmade

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
i know those turkeys were just being turkeys, and that includes being majestic and beautiful, but i can't put it out of my mind that i could beat all of them up

• Locked thread