Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Barreft posted:

Get better?

It's even funnier since he's a redwings fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Matt Murray's face is too thin for his pads. It's off-putting somehow.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Jordan7hm posted:

It was good. Maybe I would feel differently if Ottawa won. I don't think so though.

The first period was amazing. The third was pretty great too. I thought the OT was bad though.

The OT owned very hard

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Grittybeard posted:

Matt Murray's face is too thin for his pads. It's off-putting somehow.
Yeah but he is going to the SCF twice as a rookie.

I can't imagine there's very many instances of that happening,especially for a starting goalie

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Grittybeard posted:

If I had a championship ring from a major sport I think I'd probably wear that fucker everywhere. I'd do poo poo like order fast food while flashing the ring.

same

Hace posted:

The OT owned very hard

Neither team established much of a cycle, there were a handful of rushes but mostly the OT was like the game - a lot of chip and chase and neutral zone play, with some added breakdowns because of fatigue. The chances were clusterfucks in front of Ottawa's net, which obviously might bias me, but I didn't think the OT was all that good compared to other OTs we've seen.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Well I think I won this work weight loss challenge due to the stress of watching this game, well that and not drinking water and doing intense cardio for 30 minutes.

Anyway I need to mellow out before my hair turns grey, going to watch the platonic ideal of a good yinzer, and by that I mean the Mr. Rogers twitch marathon

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Ginette Reno posted:

I thought for sure Ottawa would win that on some crazy bounce or Karlsson play.

I was nervous throughout OT, even though the Pens were getting the lion's share of the chances.

But about 5-10 seconds into that zone time, I just knew they were going to score. I think this allowed me to not freak out and yell like I often do, which is a good thing since it's midnight and I live in an apartment.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Revol posted:

But about 5-10 seconds into that zone time, I just knew they were going to score. I think this allowed me to not freak out and yell like I often do, which is a good thing since it's midnight and I live in an apartment.

Yeah me too, except that was about the 8th time in OT that I knew they were going to score

Poor Craig Anderson, he deserved better

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

i need a fuckin hoagie, stat

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
Has Nashville faced an offensive juggernaut in these playoffs yet?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Eric the Mauve posted:

Poor Craig Anderson, he deserved better

That :wtf: stance he held after the goal went in made me sad.

lol I feel sad for a guy who was paid more money this year than I will have made by the time I retire what the gently caress is wrong with my brain

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Three good offenses but no great ones. Their opponents in the Western Conference ranked 9th, 12th and 11th in the league in goals scored.

Interestingly the Penguins' three victims ranked 2nd, 1st and 11th in the league in goals allowed so Nashville is the weakest defensive team they have faced

e: Penguins were 1st in scored, 14th in allowed, Predators were 11th/16th. But Corsi likes the Preds quite a lot more and imo the Preds should be favored

I'll actually be very interested to see where the betting lines are on the SCF in the morning

Eric the Mauve fucked around with this message at 05:44 on May 26, 2017

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Eric the Mauve posted:

Three good offenses but no great ones. Their opponents in the Western Conference ranked 9th, 12th and 11th in the league in goals scored.

Interestingly the Penguins' three victims ranked 2nd, 1st and 11th in the league in goals allowed so Nashville is the weakest defensive team they have faced

Uh I guess if you're going by goals allowed but gently caress me if you're gonna call Nashville the weakest defensive team. They have the best top 4 in the entire league.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

The Blackhawks, heh. Blues were ok too in the regular season.

Nothing like the Pens, no.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

Uh I guess if you're going by goals allowed but gently caress me if you're gonna call Nashville the weakest defensive team. They have the best top 4 in the entire league.

Yeah I edited my post to clarify that the Preds are a really good possession team this year. Worth noting that forwards are responsible for playing defense too, by "defensive team" I didn't mean just the defensemen, obviously the SCF is a gargantuan mismatch if you just look at the defensemen (but just as much so the other way if you look at the forwards)

Loqieu
Feb 27, 2001

flakeloaf posted:

That :wtf: stance he held after the goal went in made me sad.

lol I feel sad for a guy who was paid more money this year than I will have made by the time I retire what the gently caress is wrong with my brain

Also if you focus in on his mask you can see his "please don't have gone in" look initially.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Grittybeard posted:

The Blackhawks, heh. Blues were ok too in the regular season.

Nothing like the Pens, no.

Ty football friend. Are they they typical western conference big body, ultra beat you up physically kind of team? Man, I hope so

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
Long live the knucklepuck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

Ty football friend. Are they they typical western conference big body, ultra beat you up physically kind of team? Man, I hope so

They have a little bit more size than the Pens but they are also built for speed and rely more on setting up and booming point shots. They have a similar style to a late 2000's Detroit with sloppier passing but much faster. Gonna be a good series.

• Locked thread