Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.

RCarr posted:

I play disc golf sparingly, and I cannot for the life of me throw a driver accurately. Every driver I throw just turns over and takes off to the right (I throw right hand, backhanded). Do I need to change my angle of release? Do I need to switch to a disc with more speed?

I've just switched to throwing my putter for every shot. I can regularly outdrive my friends (who throw midranges and drivers) with my putter, and I'm pretty drat accurate with it. I almost always score lower than them, using nothing but my putter. At this point it just doesn't seem worth it to risk an errant drive, for a mild increase in distance when using a driver.

Thoughts?

I could have written this post because I have the same game. Mine comes from having an ultimate background and being able to throw that disc really far backhand.

I've had good luck with teebird though so maybe keep at it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preggo My Eggo!
Jun 17, 2010
Teebird is a great disc to learn good form with. I would guess that you're doing something weird with the very end of your throw, like forcing it over, to make it turn over so sharply to the right. If you throw the teebird super hard, totally flat, it shouldn't flip over like a mamba.

Check your grip. Are you gripping HARD, with 4 fingers on the rim? Are you pressing down HARD with your thumb to balance out your 4 fingers? My guess is yes to the first, no to the second. That will make the left side of the disc tilt up and come out of your hand already on an anhyzer angle.

When you're throwing your putter, you can't really grip the inside of the disc in the same way and so it doesn't tilt up like the teebird is.

That's my two cents, good luck!

Preggo My Eggo!
Jun 17, 2010

humpthewind posted:

I could have written this post because I have the same game. Mine comes from having an ultimate background and being able to throw that disc really far backhand.

I've had good luck with teebird though so maybe keep at it?

If you're looking for a fun DG disc that will allow you to do air bounces and touch shots like an ultimate disc, try the coyote!

• Locked thread