Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DrCaptainSir
Jan 29, 2008
Spartacus
What is H1Z1?

H1Z1 is a zombie apocalypse simulator set in some weird time that nobody really knows. But apparently it's a time before 4 different rifles were created. If any of you have played DayZ or any of the others you'll find it to be similar to those games except in this one you don't magically break your legs. This is a game setup for you to survive, eat food, sleep (for 20 seconds), build bases, shoot people, and if you want, you can play in zombie carebear land where you only shoot zombies and build bases.

https://www.h1z1.com/landing

A link to the game, which is steam based and made by a company called daybreak, you can grab it for pretty cheap but :20bux:.

That's our discord where we talk and scream profanities at each other. Sometimes Van says something cool, good job Van. Also we like to make jokes about Van's mom.

My steam is in my profile.

Why should I play this?
Well back in the day the game used to have a lot of hackers, cheaters, etc. Since then it's gotten slightly better and it can actually be a lot of fun. I play this game with a few goons that were a part of the Imperium H1Z1 clan which as far as I know is no longer a thing. I don't really know or care about those details as it's before my time. As I've said before if you have played this kind of game it's fairly similar, you have to eat, and the better made food you eat the more comfortable you are, once you lose all your comfort you go crazy gun blasting psychopath and start killing things uncontrollably, fun! There's also a resting thing where you need to rest for 20 seconds in a bed, or you can do some cocaine water (coffee), and it will fix that. You also have to eat and drink or you'll die of starvation. For some reason they decided to put homicidal wolves in the game too in addition to the zombies. Anyway, you can basically do whatever you want. Some people enjoy building the most massive bases in the game that they can, which can get pretty ridiculous and lag those cheap computer into oblivion. The PVP is pretty fun and fast paced, so fun that they made another game out of it and it's called King of The Kill. It's pretty easy to gear up and get into the swing of things so if you like fighting that's not hard to do. Everything is fairly close to each other, and not a literal hour run like in DayZ. You can craft stuff and you have to learn the recipes by looking at items which, if you are a sperglord that enjoys figuring out how many parts it takes to get to the juicy center of a metal wall, you will love this game.

There are cars but there are only a few types: Truck, Jeep, ATV, Cop Car (Yes it has sirens and yes it's fun). They do take damage so you need to repair them, and, yes, you can shoot your teammates from the inside if you aim the shotgun at their face while trying to shoot someone outside.

The group fights in this game can get pretty fun too, and there are a lot of folks from China, Brazil, and Japan that can be a force to be reckoned with. Hackers of course exist in here but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be and oh my god not ever have I dealt with the cheating on here that I've had to endure in DayZ. There are some servers that are better than others in terms of lag and number of people.

There are some politics here, like epic salt producing politics that make the game even more enjoyable.

So tell me, dear leader, what do I do to join the merry band of goons in this post-apocalyptic survival showdown?
Well first of all I'm not any kind of leader, well I'm one of them, but I play with a clan of dudebros that are from here and from an old goonclan like I said earlier. So join up on the discord or hit me up on steam or on here and we can get the ball rolling. The nice thing about this game is that you can wreck havoc on people, blow up their bases, and punch them right in the e-dongue. It's also fun to kill someone who speaks a completely different language and not understand a word but know they are ticked.

It's a pretty chill group and we have bases everywhere on a server called. It's pretty busy during prime times but has that few hours here and there of lonely time so you can stare at your zombie wife with your binoculars in silence if you want. But that's pretty weird.

What if I'm bored with the game already, why should I keep playing?
Because in a few months they are releasing a new map, some fancy new buildings, and more stuff for us to destroy, let's get ahead of the game and have our own group of bros to destroy them with. Most of you old salty bitter-vets will probably start playing again when it comes out. So :getin:.

Cheers.

DrCaptainSir fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jun 7, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread