Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'd been waiting for this game since they showed it at that horrible PC gaming conference at E3 a while back. After years of waiting it's finally here, and I'm happy to say that it's great.

I've been trying out the Commander role more recently and it's pretty fun too- I hadn't really chosen that in the first RS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
This game is all goomba stomp feels. From the headshot sound to the arty fire. It's all so good.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

The sound effects in the beta were all really hollow and assy and I'm glad they were able to change that before launch. They're big and meaty and it sounds like a war is actually going on

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
So many awesome feels in this game.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Vietnam games are always awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'll check this out when I get back from my travels, seems quite badass.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

I'll check this out when I get back from my travels, seems quite badass.

It's a lot of fun, played a few rounds with imps last night and had a blast

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Ever walk past a body for someone who's died, but the character isn't really dead, just dying and crying out in agony for his mommy? :staredog:

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Korthal posted:

Ever walk past a body for someone who's died, but the character isn't really dead, just dying and crying out in agony for his mommy? :staredog:

i always fire a mercy shot into them, whenever i come across such a tragedy

Angela Lansburial
Feb 9, 2005
Nothing to see here.
does the game have cool vietnam music

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Angela Lansburial posted:

Yes

Korthal
May 26, 2011

Angela Lansburial posted:

CCR's Running Through the Jungle is the menu theme.

VC get some asian music :shrug:

But the US get acid rock riffs :getin:

Korthal
May 26, 2011

How to VC: Be a spooky shadow and use as many traps a possible. Even riflemen can dig punji traps

https://s1.webmshare.com/GGeYa.webm

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Korthal posted:

CCR's Running Through the Jungle is the menu theme.

VC get some asian music :shrug:

But the US get acid rock riffs :getin:

bad company 2 Vietnam was the same way. vc tanks had asian times, us tanks blasted surf rock, funk, and acid rock. deffo made the game for me

White Genocide
Feb 22, 2010

bump. hell yes i enjoyed darkest hour and now i can play this. its amazing

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Korthal posted:

in RO2 there are a ton of death sound files that are absolutely horrible that i have never heard in game. i don't know if they actually got included.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

White Genocide posted:

bump. hell yes i enjoyed darkest hour and now i can play this. its amazing

darkest hour is still the best one IMO.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, is this game still highly-regarded, after any post-release hype has died down? I'm hoping it's good, as I've been interested in trying it out, too. Hopefully it's still active - RO2 died down in activity fairly quickly (not completely, but there was definitely a drop in playerbase size. In Australia at least), since I love myself a good jungle FPS.
So, does CCR's 'Ride of the Valkyries' play when you fly a Huey? :D (Also, how big are the maps? Seeing as there's aircraft I would assume they're fairly large - not as big as BF:V though, no doubt)

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I don't think I've played any of the new maps yet. Anyone up for it later?

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lumpy the Cook posted:

definitely

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Yeah I could play this evening probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Lumpy the Cook posted:

i only ever play on those bloodbath custom map servers. there are a few stinkers but mostly theyre good.

• Locked thread