Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what's gonna happen?
basically nothing (token management shuffles)
he goes 'on leave'
he finds a replacement then goes later this year
he quits and plays harry in the new third rock remake
he quits and becomes transportation secretary
gas thread, ban op
View Results

• Locked thread
Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

LastInLine posted:

i agree the accord is really off brand i feel like the malibu would be a good fit

shagger would never drive a car with the same name as a barbie friend and also a place for effete showbiz untermenchen & vapid pukka shell'd surfer bros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

charger looks the most badass while crushing bikers beneath its wheels

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Captain Foo posted:

get the hellcat, shaggar

pram
Jun 10, 2001
charger is lame challenger is way better looking

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

don't buy either because chrysler products are the worst american cars which is real fuckin bad

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
shaggar buy a subaru

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

cyclists != bikers

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Dongslayer. posted:

shaggar buy a subaru

Subaru drivers are the worst

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ll bean edition subaru outback

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

pram posted:

ll bean edition subaru outback

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

king ranch f-250

what is king ranch? who knows. i think they sell grass. and big pickup trucks.

what came first? ranch? or king ranch? :v:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

there's been a texas edition truck (with texas plates) parking outside my apartment building a bunch

pram
Jun 10, 2001
the official truck of former president george w bush

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
americans love bigly cars lol

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Syncopated posted:

americans love bigly cars lol

lol if u don't have a 6 door pickup tuck with double diesel hemiram HDR 4K platinum 9000 extra coal edition

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

I moved to texas and was given a low mileage 1989 f-150 that my grandfather used. I'm not a truck guy but it's pretty drat handy to have.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
i prefer the F-150 RAPTOR with the sick blacked out rims

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Wrath of the Bitch King posted:

i prefer the F-150 RAPTOR with the sick blacked out rims

nice v6, pussy

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

remember that vc who it turned out was a super gross serial sexual predator? it's been known for years

quote:

Years before the venture investor Justin Caldbeck made unwanted advances toward the female founders who just came forward about the behavior, he made the CEO of Stitch Fix feel uncomfortable enough that she requested his removal as his firm’s observer to her board of directors, according to multiple sources.

The CEO, Katrina Lake — who is now one of the most prominent female entrepreneurs in the tech industry as head of the popular e-commerce platform Stitch Fix — complained to Caldbeck’s then-employer, Lightspeed Venture Partners. The venture firm then removed Caldbeck from his role, said sources.

Caldbeck had led an investment in Stitch Fix on behalf of Lightspeed in early 2013, according to reports. He left Lightspeed in 2014 to co-found Binary Capital.

He has since resigned from that firm after the news broke of the allegations of sexual harassment. Caldbeck said, “to say I am sorry about my behavior is a categorical understatement,” and apologized to the women he made feel uncomfortable. That was a turnabout, since he initially denied that he had behaved unprofessionally.

On Tuesday, Lightspeed issued a statement referencing the controversy involving Stitch Fix, and said the firm “should have done more.” But it did not identify Lake or the company by name. The Information and Axios previously reported that a woman leading a Lightspeed portfolio company had also complained about Caldbeck.

While multiple sources confirmed that Lake made that complaint to Lightspeed about Caldbeck, Recode does not have more details. Stitch Fix and Lake, as well as Lightspeed, declined to comment.

After he left Lightspeed and the board of Stitch Fix, according to reports, Caldbeck continued his inappropriate behavior toward women entrepreneurs.

That includes an incident in 2015, reported by The Information, in which Caldbeck sent unwelcome text messages to another female entrepreneur to meet up late at night. He later allegedly physically grabbed yet another woman seeking an investment during a meeting.

Unfortunately, the alleged treatment of these women and also Lake by Caldbeck is not uncommon, as evidenced by the recent investigations at Uber over similar issues.

Lake has certainly proven her mettle as an entrepreneur, regardless of gender. She has built Stitch Fix into a giant online retailer with sales of $730 million, as of last year. The startup is a candidate to go public as soon as this year, according to many familiar with its business.

It’s certainly one of the more exciting startups out there in retail. Stitch Fix is a personalized styling service that sends its customers — it sells to both men and women — a regular box of clothing and accessories that can be returned. It uses an algorithm, along with stylists, to determine what to provide shoppers.

What is clear is that Lake is one of the highest-profile women in the tech industry to date to have made a complaint about Caldbeck’s behavior.

In the original Information story, six women told their stories of unwanted advances and, in one instance, of groping involving Caldbeck. Three of them — Niniane Wang, who has served as CTO of Minted and is the founder of Evertoon, as well as Susan Ho and Leiti Hsu, co-founders of the startup Journy — went on the record with their stories.

We also reached out to Caldbeck for comment, but have not heard back.
reminder that 3 women had to go on the record to the press before anyone did anything about it

qirex fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Jun 27, 2017

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Shaggar posted:

Subaru drivers are the worst

tone down the homophobia you hateful gently caress

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it's a good episode http://www.npr.org/sections/money/2016/10/14/497958151/episode-729-when-subaru-came-out

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

tone down the homophobia you hateful gently caress

i don't know any gay/lesbian couples with subarus. huh.

when i think about it, they all own large vans/trucks, and scooters or motorcycles.

90% of the subarus i see are WRX imprezas driven by boy racer idiots

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i definitely know a lesbian couple that have a forester

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Smythe posted:

shaggar used to have a taurus, which is the best car for his posting brand, IMO, but modern necessity and the dire state of the auto business forced him to begrudgingly buy the best car to suit his needs, the accord. its really sad. that man belongs in a domestic 4 door sedan. make the taurus great again

the accord coupe is made in the usa and at a non-union plant to boot, it's pure shaggar

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
I didn't know that but it just makes me even more pleased with the purchase.

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!

pram posted:

did someone photoshop that tiny little man intot the photo

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
there's jacked up ford f-series trucks with badly aligned aftermarket headlights all over the freeway here. they are a menace and a danger

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Endless Mike posted:

i definitely know a lesbian couple that have a forester

forester is the most lesbian of all cars. especially one with a built-in dog cage in the back.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Silver Alicorn posted:

there's jacked up ford f-series trucks with badly aligned aftermarket headlights all over the freeway here. they are a menace and a danger

cunts around here with jacked up trucks driving in the city with fog lights on. thanks for blinding me assholes

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Management posted:

forester is the most lesbian of all cars. especially one with a built-in dog cage in the back.

don't kinkshame

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
i am shocked a man in his 40s who dated a 26 year old busker doesn't treat women with the utmost respect

quote:

Neither has commented on the split, but Holzwarth did post a video on Facebook playing a cover of the Bruno Mars song When I Was Your Man on her violin.

Mars wrote the song about the heartbreak he was dealing with after his lover got away, and his hope that his ex's new partner will be able to provide the love and support he could not in the relationship.

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

the first bloodmobile was a baby blue late 90s clownshoe ford taurus station wagon

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

pram posted:

no george we said go buy ground chuck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

qirex posted:

remember that vc who it turned out was a super gross serial sexual predator? it's been known for years
reminder that 3 women had to go on the record to the press before anyone did anything about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRumTSNXTe0

• Locked thread