Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

What the hell is this?

Hover is like if Jet Grind Radio and Sonic were smashed together. It's easy to pick up but hard to master. If you enjoyed playing JGR/JSRF this is like that but much faster and challenging. Movement is far more fluid than JGR/JSRF. It's a great game to just pop in and play casually or take a lot of time to master the movement system and chaining tricks together. Jump off walls, grind on everything, run on walls, get enough air to bounce really high, do tricks to keep your energy up to jump higher and move faster. Momentum is a big factor in this game and having the precision to hit the right terrain allows you to move much faster. Properly aiming and timing a bounce off a big air jump can mean going 2-3 times faster than your competition.

Can I play with other people?

Yes the game has online multiplayer. By default players are pooled into the same district together. So you'll see players running around and you can easily hop into each other's missions. Districts can be set to friends only as well. Missions can be multiplayed in co-op or versus.

Gameball

High speed parkour basketball where ramming into other players knocks them into the stratosphere and also steals the gameball from them.

Races

Go the fastest through the gates. Going fastest involves properly keeping trick combos going using the terrain and timing bounces perfectly. Competitive platforming.

Explore

There are three rather large districts with plenty of ambient missions. In addition there is a mission creator that lets you make just about any content in the game yourself.

Missions
There is a main story mission series and a ton of side (ambient) missions. You'll often be exploring and just somehow stumble into a quest on your travels. There's usually not a progression requirement to find a mission. I can't tell you how many there are because I haven't even close to done them all yet.

Graffiti

You earn different graffiti tags while playing which can be sprayed on just about anything. Generally the nicer looking ones are more rare.

Stat System

There are 13 different stats and just about everything in the game nets you new parts to put into your slots. That said there are diminishing returns to keep things balanced. I've found that skill is usually the determining factor in winning any of the game modes.

How is the character customization?

There are 11 unlockable characters. You can customize their colour palette to whatever horrible combination most assaults the eyes of other players. That's about it. On the upside one of the color choices determines your trail color so you can tell people apart.

How is the soundtrack
Hideki Naganuma did two songs for the game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FsyVf4hWvw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=othifj91Q3w

Other than that it's pretty generic. Pretty sure most people just use their own music.

What's the monetization?
Buy to play, no microtransactions. It's $20 on steam. Goes on sale a lot so check around.

Consoles?
PS4 and Xbone Q4 2017.

Who made this idiot game?
3 young independent devs from France. For the small team developing it the game came out really well. My hope is the success of this game will pave the way for future online games like this. Game was kickstarted and did pretty much everything it promised.

The art style looks like some deviantart bullshit
Yes it does, however the in-game visuals are quite a bit better than the concept art.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
I've picked this up, but still need to give it a whirl.

• Locked thread