Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
http://ubidestates.hibid.com/catalog/103245/radioshack-auction--1/

tag urself

I'm the George w Bush portrait

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
this is kind of depressing

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
i'm randy for a tandy

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Phoenixan posted:

i'm randy for a tandy

:yossame:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

radio shack is weird because even though they rebranded like 5 times over the last 20 years they never went for a full namechange, the closest they got was 2009's "THE SHACK" which was more of a marketing slogan, they never did a full name change

like both parts of their name were bad, nobody buys radios and nobody wants to shop in a shack but it's like so much unaided brand awareness can't touch it

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

qirex posted:

radio shack is weird because even though they rebranded like 5 times over the last 20 years they never went for a full namechange, the closest they got was 2009's "THE SHACK" which was more of a marketing slogan, they never did a full name change

like both parts of their name were bad, nobody buys radios and nobody wants to shop in a shack but it's like so much unaided brand awareness can't touch it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

canadian bizarro universe brands don't count plus the source was when radio shack sold the whole chain to circuit city

who remebers this mess

quote:

Incredible Universe was the name of a chain of American consumer electronics stores in the early to mid-1990s. A typical Incredible Universe was 185,000 square feet (17,200 m2) of sales floor and warehouse, stocking around 85,000 items.[2]

The operation was conceived by former Tandy CEO John Roach. Many internal corporate philosophies of Disney theme parks were borrowed; in an Incredible Universe store, retail departments were "scenes", employees were "castmembers", uniforms were "costumes", and so forth. The company was a joint venture between Tandy Corporation and Trans World Entertainment.

pram
Jun 10, 2001
frys is kind of like a mini incredible universe

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

pram posted:

frys is kind of like a mini incredible universe

incredible universe was formed to knock off frys, they borrowed some elements like the themed stores and frys ended up buying the few profitable incredible universe stores when they fell apart

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal
"19 - Radioshack Store - Untitled, Oil on Canvas"

i doubt any other art piece in human history has the ability to invoke as much depression and mediocrity as this does

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
lotta good options op but im still the grid laptop

ltugo
Aug 10, 2004

If there was a grading scale for torture I would give sleep deprivation and waterboarding a C-.
I just bid on the Victor Portable. Wish me luck.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

qirex posted:

incredible universe was formed to knock off frys, they borrowed some elements like the themed stores and frys ended up buying the few profitable incredible universe stores when they fell apart

I was wondering about that. I remember there being an Incredible Universe near Sacramento on the way up to tahoe that was fun, then like one day it turned into a frys so I figured IU just morphed into Frys or something

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

Lol its George Bush senior even

I'm the realistic radios

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

who remebers this mess

i think i was in the one in columbus? it was wild poo poo. i think i bought command and conquer there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
i'm actually oscar de la hoya how did u know op?

• Locked thread