Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

GOG Is having its end of summer sale FINALE and there are some insane deals. I just picked up DD:Dark Arisen PC, Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete, SWAT 4 and The Ultimate DOOM for $25... cant wait to game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Dragon's Dogshit: Dark Arisen (A Dark Turd rising to the top of the water in the toiler bowl) PC, Neverwinter Shites 2, TWAT 4 and the Ultimate Poon for 25 dollars huh? Sounds like you got ripped off, jack.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought SWAT4 for 5 dollars or w/e, ty for the heads up OP.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
SWAT 4 is good but why does the summer sale end in june??

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Syncopated posted:

SWAT 4 is good but why does the summer sale end in june??

It's European. Just go with it.

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
Thank's OP

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Phimosis Knight is a God.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

SWAT4 kicks rear end.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

In Training posted:

SWAT4 kicks rear end.

its one of the most perfectly executed games of all time

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
Having a lot of fun with the specific team cams (even tho sometimes its faster easier and more reliable to just use gold team for everything and bumrush). Just did the mission with the scientology cultists, the basement is hosed up, wth

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
finally gonna play Swat 4 after years of hearing how good it is. gog ftw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HolePisser1982 posted:

finally gonna play Swat 4 after years of hearing how good it is. gog ftw

there's a button called Comply and whenever you push it you yell GET ON YOUR KNEES! POLICE! HANDS OVER YOUR HEAD! and civvies start pissing their pants and you can tie em up and ship them out to prison indiscriminately

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I have to say though.... heh... tis weird that you get penalized for shooting civilians.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

How do I get the ones who tell you to gently caress Off to comply. The tutorial mentioned like, incapacitation shots so I tried to blow out the guys kneecaps but I failed the mission.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

In Training posted:

How do I get the ones who tell you to gently caress Off to comply. The tutorial mentioned like, incapacitation shots so I tried to blow out the guys kneecaps but I failed the mission.

Always bring a tazer. You can also pepper spray people into submission eventually.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

shoot them with the bean bag rifle until they drop to the floor sobbing at the complete destruction of their dignity

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I had a lot of fun playing the SWAT 4 demo as a kid but the demo level was so small you could just sprint in and dome all the terrorists before they started killing hostages

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
SWAT 4 is extremely good, but the levels get too big and complex towards the end of the game.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Syncopated posted:

SWAT 4 is extremely good, but the levels get too big and complex towards the end of the game.
yeah, I’ve never played past one of the later levels where you stumble around outside a mansion in the pitch black for a while trying to find an entrance before a sniper domes you. The level with the cult was the high point of just big enough without being overwhelming imo

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
Getting shot in both legs during the hotel bombs mission FTW

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Need to find a night where we can do some Entry Team: Imp runs

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Cool, thanks for the heads up! Been meaning to play Dragon's Dogma for ages now.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Oh poo poo The Saboteur is 4 bucks. I love you gog

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I bought SWAT 4 again. Is that free Rebel Galaxy game worth playing? It sounds like it's just pointing a spaceship on a 2D plane and firing broadsides until you get bored like that ship battle minigame from Sid Meier's Pirates but with no other gameplay

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I bought SWAT 4 again. Is that free Rebel Galaxy game worth playing? It sounds like it's just pointing a spaceship on a 2D plane and firing broadsides until you get bored like that ship battle minigame from Sid Meier's Pirates but with no other gameplay

nah its basically what your saying but with some half-baked freelancer sht rolled in. not great overall

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

It basically is but it's a little more. Like your ship has multiple different types of weapons, not just broadsides, and there's like a Mount and Blade-style trading system. It's not great but I don't regret paying actual money for it and still boot it up for a couple hours every now and then.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I enjoyed Rebel Galaxy quite a bit. My only real problems with it are 1) no mods and 2) I keep getting it mixed up with Rogue Galaxy, which I still need to play.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

rogue galaxy pwns

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I hated it even though I think I bought it on sale super cheap

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Best part of Rebel Galaxy is the soundtrack.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Rebel Galaxy is basically the ship combat from Black Flag in space, I got tired of it after probably 10 hours but it was fun for what it was

tao of lmao posted:

Best part of Rebel Galaxy is the soundtrack.

yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

im an idiot

FAT32 SHAMER fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 22, 2017

• Locked thread