Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
whatevz
Sep 22, 2013

I lack the most basic processes inherent in all living organisms: reproducing and dying.

Alt-universe of David Foster Wallace and Johnathan Franzen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Lol, in Masters of Doom (which anyone who was into Doom should read) Carmack only ever does 3 things: write code, eat pizza, and lift weights.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Skeleton Ape posted:

Lol, in Masters of Doom (which anyone who was into Doom should read) Carmack only ever does 3 things: write code, eat pizza, and lift weights.

Beats train watching and the other sorts of things autistics do

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Leelee Sobieski?

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Skeleton Ape posted:

If only the rest of nerd culture had followed suit

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Skeleton Ape posted:

i think he bought ferraris and had them tuned up pretty high in later chapters

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Mmmmmmmm.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Also i guess there was the time he smashed down Romero's door with a battle ax.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Those days were pretty freaking cool. Suddenly everyone had to upgrade their computers, even if they weren't into gaming.

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

The amazing thing about Doom at least was that you really didn't. It ran smoothly on a 386 with like 2 megs of RAM.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wolfenstien maybe. Doom wanted a 486 33. Doom2 wanted a dx2 66, and a dx4 100 was godly.

You could make the viewport tiny, which worked, but you weren't l337

polio king
Jun 19, 2004

drat who dis bitch

Spiderjelly
Aug 22, 2006

Sign of evil.
The mini boss from Rush'n Attack.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

I want that sweet Quake 3 Arena themed hockey jersey John carmack was rocking in some photos for Next Generation

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009

pleasecallmechrist posted:

Alt-universe of David Foster Wallace and Johnathan Franzen.

This is a kind of esoteric but also really accurate comparison that I love seeing.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Burt Sexual posted:

Imagine looking out your living room window and seeing this idiot.

could save a fortune on internet/tv expenses

Zeniel
Oct 18, 2013

Skeleton Ape posted:

Which is probably why he's one of best coders in the games industry. Can't speak for his pizza eating or weight lifting skills but I'll be they're on point too.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Philthy posted:

Wolfenstien maybe. Doom wanted a 486 33. Doom2 wanted a dx2 66, and a dx4 100 was godly.

You could make the viewport tiny, which worked, but you weren't l337

Doom ran fine with the screen maxxed on my dad's work 486SX/25 but it had 80 megabytes of RAM so maybe that helped? (When you work for the city, everything is over-specced. Don't know why 80 though.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Jerry Cotton posted:

David Mitchell?

• Locked thread