Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Hello AI, sorry if this belongs in some megathread but I couldn't find a "identify this car" thread. I was at a highway rest area in Florida yesterday and I saw a car I've never seen before, a really unremarkable white midsize SUV from probably this decade or the last with a logo that looked kinda like this (on the front and back):

It was moving so I didn't really catch much else or see the other badges but I know most cars sold in the US (family business is an auto brokerage) and it's not something I'm familiar with, it's just bugging me. It was definitely not something fancy or the sort of thing anyone would import from somewhere else because it's cool, and it's not a weird custom badge on a model from here. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Closest I can come up with is Opel:

They're not sold in the US, though, so it would have to be a one-off import.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

...was it Kia's 'sportier' logo, like on this Sportage?

d0s
Jun 28, 2004

Waffle House posted:

...was it Kia's 'sportier' logo, like on this Sportage?

Oh drat yeah that's it, I had no idea that existed. Thanks

e: so much for "not a model sold here" lmao :v: In my defense they had big yellow fog lights and some kind of stock looking body kit (maybe KDM) but I still feel pretty dumb for not recognizing one of the better selling SUVs in the US

d0s fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Jun 19, 2017

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

d0s posted:

Oh drat yeah that's it, I had no idea that existed. Thanks

Man I feel you, the first time that I saw that emblem it was on a Forte Koup, it really threw me because I only had a concept of Kia's classic marque emblem. I'm glad Kia is stepping up its game to a point where they're prideful enough in their product to stick fast-looking bits on it.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
That is a blatant Lexus rip off on the verge of trademark infringement.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
There's a heavily modded Optima in my area with that badge and I thought it was some sort of Lexus for the longest time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My first thought when I saw that icon was that a Kia owner had used black marker to cross out parts of the label to make it look like a Lexus.

• Locked thread