Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deep dish peat moss

The other night I was at a bus stop and a guy with an intellectual disability walked up and asked me if I've ever seen How to Train a Dragon. I said no and he said "Oh... I thought so. Did you ever think it's weird Astrid is the only one decorated with skulls?"

I said no, I never even noticed, and he said "You think with Dragons there would be Skulls."

I wanted to point out that it's a kids' movie/show but I didn't want to insult him so I said "Well it's a ... a family show, right? Maybe they don't want to scare the kids?"

Then he told me I was right and asked if I ever felt anything weird in the universe. I asked what he meant and he said sometimes he feels shifts in his alignment and he got one tonight that told him if he goes to the game store he can get the Spyro the Dragon game he's been looking for.

Anyway I just wanted to say, I hope you got your Spyro game buddy. Quote this if you did.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Ha! As if, Old Man! *skateboards down the street and does a Gnasty Gnorc off the local half-pipe*

City of Glompton

Spyro the Dragon and the unrelated how to tame your Dragon books are both very good. The how to train your Dragon movie leaves much to be desired.

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

deep dish peat moss

City of Glompton posted:

Spyro the Dragon and the unrelated how to tame your Dragon books are both very good. The how to train your Dragon movie leaves much to be desired.

Is it true that Astrid is the only one that is decorated with Skulls? Isn't that weird?

deep dish peat moss

They are dragons, after all.

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

City of Glompton posted:

how to train your dragon is also the book's name, not "tame"

City of Glompton

toe may toh, ta mah toe, :shrug:

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

cda

by Hand Knit
So apparently there's lots of hosed up sex stuff on the internet about Astrid from How to Train Your Dragon 0_o

cda

by Hand Knit
Some people really want her to be pregnant

Darkman Fanpage
i got spiro agnew.

got any sevens

by Cyrano4747
i bought the first spyro game with saved-up lumch money, and bought it during a band field trip to perform at a mall

:corsair:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC
I just got an emulator for spyro on my computer and it totally holds up. Tbh the lady wizard is less attractive than I remember her being when I played as a youngun

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

Dead Hippie Ghost posted:

I just got an emulator for spyro on my computer and it totally holds up. Tbh the lady wizard is less attractive than I remember her being when I played as a youngun

i dont remember Ripto being an attractive lady

BoldFrankensteinMir

Those were fun games, although that loving cheetah man in installments two and three was pretty annoying. How are you even setting these course records on flying ring tracks!? You're a cat...

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

Those were fun games, although that loving cheetah man in installments two and three was pretty annoying. How are you even setting these course records on flying ring tracks!? You're a cat...

gently caress you, hunter

got any sevens

by Cyrano4747
the hardest challenge for me in spyro 2 was the popcorn catching game, gently caress it took like 100 tries

----------------

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Trouble with the Trolley, eh?

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

BoldFrankensteinMir posted:

How are you even setting these course records on flying ring tracks!? You're a cat...

Have you ever lived with a cat?

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

those games were so awesome.

spyro 2 had a weird problem where the reward for getting 100% is crap. you get the fireball instead of the flame breath. but there's literally no point because having that doesn't open up any new options in any levels. at least in spyro 1 there's that bonus level.

spyro 3 did what all games were doing wrong back then, having all those different minigames and alternate playable characters, and most of them weren't that good. the game is still good overall.

I dont know if there were any after that but I'm going to assume there were and they sucked,

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

ToastedCrumbs

City of Glompton posted:

Should I read the books? Sometimes I feel shifts in the alignment of the universe, and right now they're telling me to read some freaking dragon books!

BoldFrankensteinMir

Hugh Malone posted:

Have you ever lived with a cat?

Yes, and he is a big lazy sack of cat food who is the least flyingest animal alive.

got any sevens

by Cyrano4747

Doctor Dogballs posted:

those games were so awesome.

spyro 2 had a weird problem where the reward for getting 100% is crap. you get the fireball instead of the flame breath. but there's literally no point because having that doesn't open up any new options in any levels. at least in spyro 1 there's that bonus level.

spyro 3 did what all games were doing wrong back then, having all those different minigames and alternate playable characters, and most of them weren't that good. the game is still good overall.

I dont know if there were any after that but I'm going to assume there were and they sucked,

insomniac sold the license so some other company kept making lower-tier spyros for a while

----------------

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
i think Ratchet and Clank became the favorite child

BoldFrankensteinMir

Crash bandicoot suffered a similar fate. PS1 was an era that really proved Tim Schafer's point about game sequals being generally a bad idea.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
im glad Tim Schafer is now scamming people with Psychonauts 2

Scaly Haylie

spyro, or at least the first spyro, just kinda bores me

Sham bam bamina!

ƨtupid cat

ToastedCrumbs posted:

Should I read the books? Sometimes I feel shifts in the alignment of the universe, and right now they're telling me to read some freaking dragon books!
i can't tell you about the others (didn't even know it was a series until the movie) but the first one is the kind of thing a ten-year-old would come up with if he had the patience to put together an actual book instead of just random doodles of badass dragons and farting vikings. it's full of random doodles anyway. it's pretty good. i think the charm would wear off pretty quick over multiple books though.

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 09:19 on Jun 28, 2017

deep dish peat moss

Putty posted:

im glad Tim Schafer is now scamming people with Psychonauts 2

More like Tykeonauts because you'd have to be a tyke to think those games are good :evilbuddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

Because they don't have dragons.

• Locked thread