Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deep Thought
Mar 7, 2005

Because the Damsel in the Castle story needed an update.

**20% off today and the weekend**

Neofeud's Blurb posted:

2033 - We create AI. Sentient robots arrive, but not as our Terminator overlords or our Singularity saviors -- conscious machines are humanity's unwanted ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ children. A few are geniuses who design flying cars, beat cancer, invent teleportation, but millions of defective prototypes roll out of factories -- mentally challenged, motivationally-challenged, criminally-inclined. Legally conscious, but unhirable, these "Defectives" are shuffled through public housing and welfare assistance, straining the already overburdened back of the meager social safety net. The robots who don't end up in prison are dumped, as a last resort, into a massive landfill known as "The Pile".

[...]

Karl Carbon is an ex-cop, dishonorably discharged from Coastlandia PD for disobeying an order to shoot an unarmed sentient humanoid. Karl is exiled to "The Pile" as a lowly social worker. There he counsels gangbanging foster-kid robots and confiscates chimera-children from deadbeat half-wolf parents. Till one day a case goes horribly sideways and Karl is drawn into a sordid conspiracy that could threaten the strained fabric of Human-Robot-Hybrid civilization -- or save it.

FEATURES
- 15+ Hours of gameplay with an original world and story that will (hopefully) make you question some of your core beliefs. Or at least my sanity.
- Tricky yet satisfying, point-n-click detective work, interspersed with action shootouts.
- Handpainted, uber-gritty, noir futureland. Makes Mad Max and Rick Deckard crap their pants. 1366x768 resolution for MASSIVE, fully realized backgrounds.
- Endless bombardment of witty one-liners from a veteran hardboiled cyberpunk writer.

Neofeud is an indie-made, imaginative cyperpunk dystopia adventure in the vein of Deus Ex. Lighter in tone (but still very grime-y), Neofeud starts as an account of a kinda crestfallen man holding onto lower-middle class status after having lost his last job and gotten separated from his wife and child, when one day his Social Security work of checking up on delinquents and checking boxes enmeshes him in a conspiracy that steers his life majestically off course, putting him into a head-on collision with the power elite, into comradeship with a juvie robot and into collusion with a sci-fi Princess.

I bought it a week after it came out after having found the interesting but crushingly difficult Terminus Machina mod for Deus Ex made by the same guy; Silver Spook. Apparently he loves him some dystopia and cyperpunk. It must be a strong passion because I found Neofeud to be a pretty vivid game in characters, style and ideas.

The demo is available here: https://silverspook.itch.io/neofeud

There's a few puzzles but nothing a seasoned Point-and-Clicker would call difficult. I found them all pretty fun (one of the first ones is a little silly though). I consider it a fun game and perhaps you will too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread