Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
There has always been something comforting in TNA's awfulness. WWE has its ups and downs and they sort of stagnate and idle in this cul de sac of "well we're not going out of business yet so no need to change anything." TNA rockets down the freeway at full speed in the wrong direction. They will always be doing the wrong thing. You don't have to worry about that.

They're a science lab in which the worst ideas are constantly tested to see just how bad they are. Weekly PPVs in lieu of television? Putting titles on someone who is constantly showing up to work high? Putting a title on a man whom WWE will not let wrestle again for fear they might die in the ring? LET'S FIND OUT WHAT HAPPENS.

I'm talking in the present tense because I do have confidence that GFW will continue this fine upstanding tradition. I feel bad for the workers who have stuck with this dogshit company that can never pay anyone on time or look after their medical bills, but at the same time- maybe the industry needs this to exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I feel like the only people who benefited from leaving/being canned by WWE and going to TNA were Christian, Raven and Truth.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I feel like the only people who benefited from leaving/being canned by WWE and going to TNA were Christian, Raven and Truth.

I'd add the Hardyz (well, Matt basically saved Jeff but still), Gail Kim and Lashley if you count his in-and-out tenure.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

TNA having AJ, Samoa Joe, The Young Bucks and Okada and doing nothing with them or drawing with them sums up TNA pretty drat well

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Eli Drake and EC3 have to go on that list.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Xerzes posted:

Drew McIntyre

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Christian hated his time in TNA and was slotted on ECW when he returned to WWE so I'm going to disagree.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Xerzes posted:

literally nobody has ever given a poo poo about either of these wrestlers though

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Ok I have one more TNA moment I liked

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqpYIiXpDZI

Sucks that Matt will never go fully broken again. Thanks JJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
I went to 2 Destination X PPVs when I was in college. The first was when Austin Aries won a 4 way to get a TNA contract. The second was when Aries beat Roode for the TNS championship. Both PPVs were awesome.

The rest of TNA though...

• Locked thread