Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Problem description: I am attempting to use TP-Link's USB printer server function on a router. You install this windows utility, which as far as I can tell will intercept traffic to a specified Virtual USB Printer port and forward it to the printer connected to the router instead. Problem is, I have never installed the printer on my current PC so there is no Virtual USB printer port for it to bind to. Their utility seems to only allow you to bind to Virtual USB ports -- installing another type of printer port doesn't work.

Attempted fixes: I've tried manually adding the port while manually installing the printer drivers, but a USB Virtual Printer port is not one of the listed two creation options (tcp/ip, local port). I've googled this extensively but step of adding a USB Virtual Printer port appears to be . . . attaching a USB printer. Which I am explicitly trying not to do.

Recent changes: n/a

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Pro

System specs: n/a

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread