Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

Pounds are worth more than the dollar, it's the other way around.

Also you can't drink a beer and watch a match in England. You're not allowed to have alcohol in sight of the pitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Shrapnig posted:

Also you can't drink a beer and watch a match in England. You're not allowed to have alcohol in sight of the pitch.

What the gently caress really? Do you just get loaded before going back to the stands....?

Pack a flask?

What an odd rule

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Waroduce posted:

What the gently caress really? Do you just get loaded before going back to the stands....?

Pack a flask?

What an odd rule

A lot of college football games are like this, too.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I went to UMiami which plays in a pro stadium and played baseball so I didn't ever get to go to many college games....although I recall UF having a no booze in the stadium when I went recently.... That's nuts....

Do they sell it in the stadium?

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Waroduce posted:

I went to UMiami which plays in a pro stadium and played baseball so I didn't ever get to go to many college games....although I recall UF having a no booze in the stadium when I went recently.... That's nuts....

Yes, you just need to drink hard at the break

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
If you're rich enough to afford a box seat, they'll bring you drinks no problem. You just couldn't leave the box seat with the drinks.

webmeister
Jan 31, 2007

The answer is, mate, because I want to do you slowly. There has to be a bit of sport in this for all of us. In the psychological battle stakes, we are stripped down and ready to go. I want to see those ashen-faced performances; I want more of them. I want to be encouraged. I want to see you squirm.

Waroduce posted:

Yes, the bars are all in the walkways behind/underneath the seating areas. You sink a couple of pints and have a piss before kick-off, get up at the 43rd minute to beat the queues, have a piss and sink 2-3 pints during half-time. At least at Wembley they're fairly quick at pouring beers so the queues move pretty fast and you usually don't miss anything.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Shrapnig posted:

Another reason why Rugby is the superior sport.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Can't go two hours without a drink jfc just have one in the pub before the game and go get smashed after.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo

sassassin posted:

Can't go two hours without a drink jfc just have one in the pub before the game and go get smashed after.

Americans have to drink during games because their sports suck so much op

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

sassassin posted:

Shut up, bitch. Beer and footy is a British staple.

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Where is the best place to get drunk around Wembly since spurs/liv is a 3pm game

E: also please tell me who to root for? I like Spurs cause they had\have Yedlin and I like Liverpool cause I always use Jordan Williams as a CB and BWM in FM for lower league careers.

Waroduce fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Jul 31, 2017

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
lol

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Waroduce posted:

Where is the best place to get drunk around Wembly since spurs/liv is a 3pm game

E: also please tell me who to root for? I like Spurs cause they had\have Yedlin and I like Liverpool cause I always use Jordan Williams as a CB and BWM in FM for lower league careers.

Death to America

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Waroduce posted:

Root for whatever section you're in duh

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Mourinho on Conte comments: "I'm not going to lose my hair to speak about Antonio Conte."

:laugh:

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Waroduce posted:

You're not going to get tickets in the Liverpool end, so you'll be supporting Spurs.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Buy one of those half-Liverpool half-Spurs kit and root for whoever is winning

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Get blind drunk and tell Emre Can you want to have his babies

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Waroduce posted:

Yedlin plays for Newcastle, don't talk about your sick FM players in real football threads.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/31/manchester-united-phil-jones-banned-anti-doping-daley-blind-europa-league?CMP=share_btn_tw

Jones and Blind didn't want to take take anti-doping tests and united have got a whopping 10k fine for it

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Don't forget being banned for the Supercup and the first group stage match. That's going to hurt, for sure

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

So did they take the test or not? The article just says Jones was mouthing off and Blind was reluctant to take it.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

United had been doping... and were still poo poo?

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Waroduce posted:

Root for Liverpool

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Liverpool are insanely good.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

re: ticket on sale dates.

There is no market for resale of tickets this year, so the stubhub option of years past is gone (which is good). However, they open up sales to members, then guests of members, then anyone else who feels like going to Wembley on the day.

Given that most of the lower bowl is either season ticket holders, away allocation/local allocation per the agreement with the local council, or going to be bought up by members (especially for Liverpool), you get either Club Wembley seats (about 75 pound per), or you get upper bowl.

I'd cheer for Spurs, pubs would likely be more fun before hand and I am guessing you'll have more fun once you are there not getting kicked out by a steward for sitting in the wrong area.

gtkor fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Aug 1, 2017

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/31/manchester-city-spain-training-trip-friendly-girona

quote:

Manchester City are set to travel to a training camp in Catalonia less than a day after the start of their league season.

Pep Guardiola will take his squad to Spain for a four-day stay hours after kicking off their campaign at Brighton, Premier League newcomers, on 12 August.

Reprisal
Jul 20, 2001
lmao

phenomenal photo

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Someone forgot to make the doping appointments I guess.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Looks like they misheard "groping appointments"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vinestalk
Jul 2, 2011
gently caress this garbage fire of a month. August is tomorrow. The season begins. Hail satan.

• Locked thread