Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Ferrosol posted:

Angela Lynch the Fae What unusual promise did your ahem hunky professor request of you and did you keep it?

...Are you really asking me for details about my sex life? Cause that's pretty gross and I'm not answering. All you need to know is I'm the one with the pants - at least when we have them on.

Oh, you meant that promise. Well, I'm not sure why he wanted me to tag the windows of the College President's office, but it seemed like a fun enough idea to me that I agreed. Some kind of staff grudge maybe?

Ferrosol posted:

What did you do the last time you were in Faerie land that still has everyone talking?

Ugh, not that again... I swear if I never hear about it again it'll be too late. So the Spring Court was hosting a ball, and I ended up going along, because no one parties like Faeries do, but this guy came up, pretty good looking, crown of autumn leaves on his head, and asks me to dance. Now, normally, yeah, definitely. But the thing was, I was already dancing with this Faerie of a water-meadow, Lily, absolutely gorgeous, and we were having a good time, and I could tell I was going places with her. So I turned him down, nice and polite - since I would have, drat he looked good, and kept going with her. Turns out, that was like, the Fall King's third son, or something? And of course I should have go with him, according to protocol, and all that, so it turned into this huge scandal, but gently caress that, I was dancing with Lily, and I'm not about to ditch her for some stupid hierarchy rule.

Ferrosol posted:

Are you sure you're feeling ok? I mean I heard you turned down a party the other day why didn't you want to go?

What? Yeah, of course I am. What kind of question is, oh I see. Look, even someone like me doesn't just party ALL the time. Sometimes I like going on walks, or star gazing, or going on a nice quiet date with someone. Sure, I wasn't doing any of those this time, but that doesn't mean I couldn't have been. But come on. A school sanctioned party? No one in the world would want to go to that. And the band they had in, some janky student band? No please. What kind of party is that, drink sparkling cider and list to some no talent kids doing a cover of Teen Spirit? I'd take homework over that. I just put a nice face on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Ferrosol posted:

What odd thing did you find during your trip through the basement and why did you keep it?

After hours of wandering in the basement, I got really excited when I found this.

I look it up later, it's an old surveyor's compass, that'd help you divide land and stuff. It didn't help me at all in those stupid hallways, it didn't point the right way! What good is a compass that doesn't point north? Or even the same way consistently? I took it out to the football field, away from interferance, and nope, nothing. It would just swing around, like some rear end was pulling it around with a magent, but I was the only one there. Another mystery to add to the stack.

Ferrosol posted:

How did you explain to your mom what happened with the cat?

At first I tried to hide it. Even if she hadn't noticed the food piling up and the poops not piling up, she'd have picked up on my mood. Freaked and terrified and *sad*. I'd had Professor Fluffypaws as long as I could remember, since before dad...

...mom came to me eventually, asked if I'd seem FP, and I just started sobbing. She jumped to assuming he ran off and got hit by a car or something. I felt even worse, because I was lying, because I'd buried him in the yard when mom was out. But she comforted me and said he'd had a good long life for a cat and maybe he was still out there. She wanted it to be true so bad for me. I felt awful.

Ferrosol posted:

What was the weirdest kid you saw before coming to college?

Every school had its weirdos. I mean, of course, I was one of them. Stoners and methheads and moody artists. Best people to fit in with, person like me. Some of them got...intense. There was a fair knot of half-assed wicca types, not out of any real conviction, just to piss off overly Christian parents, get a sense they had something special, to themselves. A couple guys...Darriel was their 'leader'. They'd come off as weird wolf-biker dudes at first, but once you talked to them, it was obvious they really, deeply believed the stuff. Moon goddesses and animal spirits...even calimed they'd been chosen and were working on the 'return of magic'. Standard bullshit kid stuff, until you heard about rumors of people seeing them in the woods doing stuff, of the wolf attacks outside town...I swear I once saw Darriel snarl at a kid in school. Made my spine tingle, and that was before I even became a monster myself.

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Ferrosol posted:

Joy Autumn the Queen: You've been having some rather odd dreams lately what are you doing in them?

I've been having a lot of weird dreams lately, but the most unnerving dream I had was one that involved Chris.

...What? No! It wasn't that kind of dream, you pervert! I don't even think of them in that way!

Anyways, in the dream, I was standing in front of the abandoned church I mentioned earlier, except it wasn't abandoned this time. There were people standing in front of it, and they all looked like they were waiting for... something. I walked into the church, and there was Chris, kneeling in front of the alter, and they were praying, which was a little weird. We're not exactly the religious types, especially not Chris, but there they were, praying.

They got up, and turned to face me, and they had this... really peaceful look on their face. They smiled, and spread their arms wide, and, next thing I knew, I had a dagger in my hand, and...

...I... I don't want to talk about it anymore. What happened in the dream... It was horrible. Chris is my closet friend, and I'd never... I'd never do anything like that to them. I just... I just want to forget about it. I don't want to think about that terrible dream ever again.

Can we please talk about something else now?

quote:

Who refused to acknowledge your bands greatness and what did you do to bring them round?

Oh, you're talking about Ellen, right? Yes, she did hate us at one point, but she came around, and realized how amazing we really are, like they always do.

See, Ellen used to be one of our more vocal haters. She'd complain about all the "special" treatment we've been getting, saying we don't deserve any of it. She'd call our music "lovely" and "overrated," called us a "bunch of spoiled wannabe goth kids," and she would always try to insult us whenever she can. The others were getting really annoyed at her, but it never really bothered me all that much. I think she's just jealous that so many people love us, and I can't really blame her. Not that many people can be as talented as we are.

Anyways, one day, Ellen stopped coming to her classes. It turns out that her dad got into a big accident, and he needed some major surgery. The problem was they couldn't afford it, so... I decided to help her.

You should've seen the look on the other's faces when I told them we should do a fundraising concert for Ellen's dad. Even Kayla was shocked! They all looked at me like I lost my mind. After all, why would I ever help someone who hates me? I told them it doesn't matter of she hates me or not, what matters is getting her on our side. Why have her as an enemy when we can have her as a loyal fan?

They eventually agreed, and we managed to get the money Ellen needed for her dad's surgery, and she was as grateful as you think she'd be. She started crying, thanking me over and over again, and practically begged me to forgive her for all the nasty things she said to me. I did, of course, and ever since that day, Ellen has been one of my most loyal fans. She went from speaking out against me, to talking about how great I am every chance she gets. It's almost like she worships me now.

quote:

One of your songs is more popular than all the rest what's it about?

One our most popular songs is a song I wrote after I had that... dream... with Chris. It's called Two Hearts, and it's about two lovers. One lover is obsessed with the other, while the other just uses them. The obsessed lover thinks of the other as their everything, while the other barely cares. The obsessed lover knows this, and is aware about how one-sided their love is, but they don't care. They would still do anything for the other. Including die for them.

It's one of the most emotional songs I've ever written, and I think it resonated with a lot of people, more than our other songs, which might be why it got so popular.

Like I said before, I care about Chris, but not in that way. I wrote the song as a way to help me forget about that dream, nothing more, nothing less.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

And we're are done. As usual the quality of apps was outstanding and I could have easily ran two games from the apps I've received. Unfortunately I only have time for one. So without further adieu these are are our lucky winners in no particular order.

Characters

Angela Lynch the Fae Played by Godfish
Joy Autumn the Queen Played by Tardzilla
Liam Cross the Mortal Played by Tricky
Kevin Madison the Ghost Played by Frgrbrgr
Margot Barnes the Werewolf Played by Antivehicular
Amelia Saunders the Gorgon Played by PlatonicSolid

Sort out your backstory strings and in addition to that pick a room for yourself and an NPC. It can be someone from your questions or someone you've just made up either is good. Joy you can add all three members of your band/cult if you want instead. PCs can share a room if they wish and both agree. Otherwise PC's get priority over NPCs and it's first come first serve. Any questions or can I leave you all to get to it?

Platonicsolid
Nov 17, 2008

Amy will take Room 9!

And since her backstory has her roommate dropping out, could slot in a PC if somebody wants.

Backstory posted:

• You looked into someone’s you care about’s eyes and hurt them. Tell them if they know why. Either way they take two strings on you and you take one on them.

After Sasha dropped out the school reassigned this other girl, Angela to be my roommate. She's....not at all like Sasha! Boundaries? Not so much. She's a force of nature, distilled party girl with a punk edge. Which would be great for a roommate who wasn't a monster. Angela got the idea in her head we had to go out to some party, and so she came to do my makeup, wouldn't take no for an answer.

I froze up. I should have looked away. I couldn't, I was just locked on to her. I could hear it, the cracking and grinding her bones.

Bursting into tears saved her. The effects faded and I...I had to tell her. She's living with me! She had to know how dangerous I am. At least she didn't entirely lose her poo poo, said she'd have to be careful, and me too, and that we all had our secrets.

Backstory posted:

• Someone is afraid of you and doesn’t know why. Take a string on them.

Platonicsolid fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jul 21, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Joy and her band of cultists will be taking Room 10!

As for my backstory...

quote:

You find someone threatening. Give them a String on you, and take a String on them.

Something about Amy just... freaks me out, but I don't know why. Something about her just feels... wrong. She creeps the hell out of me, and it's a shame that she has to share the same room with...

quote:

You’ve captured someone’s fancy. Gain 2 Strings on them.

...Angela.

Angela is hot. There's lots of hot people on campus, but Angela just sticks out from all the rest. Something about her feels... special. Maybe it's how much of a looker she is~

She's someone I'd really like to know more about in a more... intimate level~

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Jul 23, 2017

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

I'll declare Liam's love later on. Who will be that lucky someone~?

Kevin and Liam are bunking down in Room 8.

Eva Smith and ??? are living in Room 6

Tricky fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jul 19, 2017

Frgrbrgr
Jan 20, 2009

Room 8 with Mr. Cross.

quote:

Liam knows that you’re dead and how you died. He gains 2 Strings on you.

My roommate, Liam, caught me floating last weekend. At first I tried to play it off... I mean, he was drunk at the time. But he kept asking and eventually, I just... told him. Everything. The camping trip, the tent, the fall... and waking up back at home. I'm not even sure he believes me, I've been trying to avoid him ever since...

quote:

You’ve been inside Joy's bedroom while she was sleeping. Take a String on her.

Joy... wow. I mean, whenever I see her it's like my heart just takes off. She's super popular too. I... I definitely poked my head into her bedroom once... just to see what she's like when nobody else is around, you know? Sleeping quietly like an angel.

Frgrbrgr fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Jul 18, 2017

Arashiofordo3
Nov 5, 2010

Warning, Internet
may prove lethal.
Sorry for not finishing my app. I ended up having less time then I thought I did. Have fun you guys!

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Angela

quote:

You wear your heart on your sleeve. Give everyone one String.

quote:

You’ve captured someone’s fancy. Gain 2 Strings on them.
You know, I wouldn't say I was certain, but from the way Joy looks at me, I think she has a thing for me~

I'm rooming in Room 9 with Amy and I thought I'd take her

quote:

You looked into someone’s you care about’s eyes and hurt them. Tell them if they know why. Either way they take two strings on you and you take one on them.

My Roommate was Bekky, that drat snitch I told you about, and wow, was that time the definition of hell. Then, thank god, Amy's roommate moved out or vanished or, whatever, and I volunteered to take her spot. Getting away from Bekky wasn't my only motivation, Amy's one of those shy types who won't even look at people, but I could tell under that she was a looker and she really WANTED to break out of that shell, be the life of the party like me. Call it a charity case if you want, but I was interested in her and wanted to help.

Turns out she was a bit more than I expected, and she's got like, a djinni's curse to turn people to stone if she looks at them? She started turning me when I tried to drag her to a party, accidentally, and hooleee poo poo, did that scare the loving crap out of me when it was starting. She stopped it, but, yikes. After that she told me everything, and we're cool down, but I haven't given up on her yet. There's gotta be some way to let her be who she wants to be without making statues all over campus.

GodFish fucked around with this message at 03:40 on Jul 21, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

All right, let's do this. My backstories:

quote:

You lack subtlety. Give a String to everyone.

You’ve spent weeks watching someone from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Gain two Strings on them.

I'm leaning towards Kevin for the stalky backstory, but if anyone wants it, I'm open.

I'd like:

Amy posted:

Someone is afraid of you and doesn’t know why. Take a string on them.

There's just... something about her that makes the hair on my neck stand up. It isn't how she smells -- though that's not quite right either -- but just... something in how she moves, how she carries herself, half like she's afraid of herself and half like she... I don't know. I can't say. But it's not right.

--

Also, snagging Room 1 for ready staircase access in the event of shenanigans.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

quote:

Choose one person to be your Lover. Give them three Strings on you. Take one String on them.

Oh man, I never realized how much the whole awkward-loner-broody-thing did it for me until I met Amy. She's just got that special something, you know? I've never really gotten a chance to talk to her, what with the way she doesn't... talk to anyone... but hey! That's part of the charm. I wonder what she's doing later on? Maybe she'll want to catch a show or something.

Ferrosol
Nov 8, 2010

Notorious J.A.M

And we are go! Link

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

quote:

You’ve spent weeks watching Kevin from a distance. Their scent and mannerisms are unmistakable to you now. Gain two Strings on them.

I swear, everyone on this floor smells weird, but Kevin? He smells... pretty good, actually. Hard to say exactly how -- it's a faint smell, but kind of woodsy? Not like a cologne, more like an... essence. An aura. It's really nice. He hasn't noticed me watching him, and hopefully he won't, not until I figure out if I want to make a move or not.

I'm not sure if I should, because... can I be honest?

He smells like prey.

• Locked thread