Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

451 Imperial Calender, 75 of the Turkiye Calendar. After twelve years of peace, the expansionist Balt-Rhein Empire threatens to go at war against their neighbours of the Turkiye Stratocracy. Tughril Mahmud, the youngest man to become a Pasha now struggles to stop what might become a catastrophic battle between the two powers that threatens to engulf the entire continent.

I honestly didn't knew this was getting an adaptation until two weeks ago and I was really excited by it! The manga is legit one of the best and prettiest ones I've ever read, with really good and unique character and clothing designs, several well-defined characters which have their own ambitions and goals and an incredible look for historical detail and culture or the early renaissance countries despite being a fictional setting (huge kudos for the scanlation group as well for pointing several of those btw). It's airing on Amazon Prime so you should definitely watch it and read the manga!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

how long till mc gets a better hat

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The older a Turk gets the bigger their turbans grow in size.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

the eagle crushed a man's arm and it was badass

Hargrimm
Sep 22, 2011

W A R R E N

Plutonis posted:

It's airing on Amazon Prime so you should definitely watch it and read the manga!

To my eternal consternation, Anime Strike is not actually part of Amazon Prime, and requires a separate subscription/monthly payment.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

The first episode was a good hook.

I typically never notice stuff like this but the costume design is really, really good.

And I hope the dancer lady becomes a main character :3:

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Hargrimm posted:

To my eternal consternation, Anime Strike is not actually part of Amazon Prime, and requires a separate subscription/monthly payment.

their subs are also poo poo. it's semi-transparent black boxes with white lettering on top so they take up even more space than normal. there were at least three instances in the ep where someone was talking and a title for them was displayed so the subs translate what's being spoken, and then switch to the title for a millisecond before the camera switches to a new person because god forbid they have two rows of text up at once

just pirate the good anime imo instead of encouraging an inferior service for extra money

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
This anime is inspiring turban envy deep in my soul.

Yaoi Gagarin
Feb 20, 2014

i like how theres a discretion cut when he starts to dance so we dont see him embarrass himself

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

once again the perfidious white man set up the innocent and carefree arab up for a bloody and self destructive revolt against the noble turk

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davincie posted:

once again the perfidious white man set up the innocent and carefree arab up for a bloody and self destructive revolt against the noble turk

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Erg posted:

their subs are also poo poo. it's semi-transparent black boxes with white lettering on top so they take up even more space than normal. there were at least three instances in the ep where someone was talking and a title for them was displayed so the subs translate what's being spoken, and then switch to the title for a millisecond before the camera switches to a new person because god forbid they have two rows of text up at once

just pirate the good anime imo instead of encouraging an inferior service for extra money

I discovered this when watching the first ep of this last night but you can actually go to amazon.com/cc and set up some specific sub preferences that you can then switch to when actually watching, including no caption box whatsoever. Doesn't fix every problem with the service but it's at least a step toward being tolerable.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

the way they solved the tent problem was absolute nonsense

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

the tent solution was dumb as poo poo

that kill owned tho

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Aquila Ex Machina

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Now I'm going to be disappointed if every major problem in the series isn't solved with eagles in increasingly bizarre ways.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Jul 22, 2017

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
if only we still had the falconry tag for threads

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Divan: "You solved this problem with loving bird magic, Mahmut. It doesn't count and you're demoted."

Zaganos: "They're right but your bird magic is super cool. Let's be pals."

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
I think you mean:

Zaganos: "I loving hate you Mahmut. Here let me give you this spy ring that the Empire has just uncovered so that when they're all killed I can claim you're an incompetant or a traitor!"

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

so turkey becomes a nonsense nation, but florence is just out there and phoenicia still exists as a port town??

anyway i watched the emoji trailer when i paused this ep halfway through and enjoyed it more, this is arslan all over again

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
its no weirder than george washington founding the american empire in 4000bc

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Davincie posted:

so turkey becomes a nonsense nation, but florence is just out there and phoenicia still exists as a port town??

anyway i watched the emoji trailer when i paused this ep halfway through and enjoyed it more, this is arslan all over again

Phoenicia is the Roman Empire and that port town is Constantinople/Byzantine remnants

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh poo poo the Manga's new chapter is tense as hell. I guess all of the Turks' victories in a row didn't account for that.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
RIP Mappa production. poo poo's still great though, even if its a tad rushed.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
holy gently caress this ep owned

ty fukboi prense for thinking with hsi dick

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
preview: fuuuck, now ive suddenly developed a craving for some kebabs

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
What's the historical equivalent of Urado and uh, city in the episode before that supposed to be?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Judging by the map they seem to represent all of northeast Europe condensed into one tiny and poor coastline.

Based on my extensive study of Europa Universalis they didn't seem to correspond to a specific nation the way the merchant city state was really obviously Venice.

EDIT: Also, put another in the "problem solved and lives saved by birds" column.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Oct 21, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Centzon Totochtin posted:

What's the historical equivalent of Urado and uh, city in the episode before that supposed to be?

Hungary

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
hmmmm, person highly skilled in bronzecasting, given secret blueprints, teams up with the turks, at the cusp of the gunpowder revolution

i cant loving wait for louis to get smeared by a giant cannon

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

A bell is just a bombard when you think about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Would be a little more surprising if they hadn't already introduced early guns last arc.

• Locked thread