Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

What is this show?

Adam Ruins Everything is an informational comedy show on TrueTV about a man named Adam Conover (played by Adam Conover). Adam plays a know-it-all who breaks the 4th wall and uses his TV powers to disprove common misconceptions. There are some notable things about the show that sets it apart from other similar informational comedy shows. The first is that ARW cites its sources on screen. The second is that its coverage is generally (though not always) not on hot button issues. Rather, it covers topics like hygiene products, Luxottica's monopoly on glasses, and Airbnb's shady practices. Next, the comedy is generally more on point than other comedy info shows. Lastly, it does have something of a running plot, and certain characters do receive some character development.

Season 2 of the show starts July 11th, 2017 at 10 PM (that is the day this was posted!)

Cool, where can I watch it?

It regularly airs on TrueTV, and new episodes air at 10 PM EST.

But I don't have cable television

Well, there is a YouTube playlist with some clips. But it doesn't have full episodes. You'll need to find another way way if you want to see full episodes.

I've seen every episode but I want MORE!

Adam runs a podcast where he chats with the experts that were on the program where they talk more about the stuff they do.

While not relevant to the show, Adam Conover has a YouTube channel that he occasionally uploads to where he plays video games and very rarely uploads some other stuff, like a talk he gave titled Millennials Don't Exist.

MegaZeroX fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Jul 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vakal
May 11, 2008
Caught a few episodes of this and it's fairly entertaining.

Not as good as Penn & Tellers: Bullshit, but probably more researched.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
I love it. Adam reminds me a bit of Alton Brown, in his somewhat obnoxious, intense know-it-allery, but I LOVE that the show brings on real, credentialed experts to discuss interesting topics and dispel common misconceptions, and that they make a big deal of citing their sources.

False
Oct 6, 2003
i have friends who will pull magazine models wearing headphones off of trains without even speaking the same language as them. Friends who will show up in a town after hitchhiking cross country for 3 days without showering and pull two girls working
I like this show but I have no idea what the business plan is behind these one off streaming channels. Its cute but I'm not going to pay 5 dollars a month or whatever to watch it.

False fucked around with this message at 00:36 on Jul 24, 2017

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

I love it. Adam reminds me a bit of Alton Brown, in his somewhat obnoxious, intense know-it-allery, but I LOVE that the show brings on real, credentialed experts to discuss interesting topics and dispel common misconceptions, and that they make a big deal of citing their sources.

They also did a nice job finding a great deal of women to talk about issues relating to pregnancy. It would have been rather uncomfortable if it was just a bunch of dudes.

SweetMercifulCrap!
Jan 28, 2012
Lipstick Apathy
I really like this show. I've tried to introduce it to people that I think would typically go for this kind of content, but the tone and Adam's persona seem to be a big hurdle to get over for some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

False posted:

I like this show but I have no idea what the business plan is behind these one off streaming channels. Its cute but I'm not going to pay 5 dollars a month or whatever to watch it.

The fact that TrueTV is built-in to my Sling (Orange or Blue, whatever the one without goddamn ESPN is) subscription was a pleasant surprise.

• Locked thread