Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gobbagool posted:

I'm sure the voters in Michigan will respond well to being called racists and bigots for supporting him. maybe Debbie stabenow can just go on and call them deplorables. just remember for every blue collar schmuck she loses in downriver she'll pick up 2 in Grosse Pointe

ah yeah im under no delusion people will buy it and attacking him along those lines will only backfire unless done really well (and it wont by a normal dem). ive lived in the tx country, i know how popular the Duck Dynasty fucks are with actual rednecks despite being a bunch of rich fratboy frauds, and in TX at least people still think "well at least dubya was one of us"... and then theres trump

these kind of snake oil salesmen are good at what they do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

safely sodomized posted:

ah yeah im under no delusion people will buy it and attacking him along those lines will only backfire unless done really well (and it wont by a normal dem). ive lived in the tx country, i know how popular the Duck Dynasty fucks are with actual rednecks despite being a bunch of rich fratboy frauds, and in TX at least people still think "well at least dubya was one of us"... and then theres trump

these kind of snake oil salesmen are good at what they do

i'd argue that they aren't good at it, its just that duck dynasty/super hollywood rear end musciains like toby keith are the only people trying to market to people outside cities

gobbagool
Feb 5, 2016

by R. Guyovich
Doctor Rope

Larry Parrish posted:

i'd argue that they aren't good at it, its just that duck dynasty/super hollywood rear end musciains like toby keith are the only people trying to market to people outside cities

you're probably onto something. with all the talk about the "coalition of the ascendant " someone forgot to tell them that more people live in sub- and exurbs than in the cities. easy pickings when you're the only game in town

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015
Honestly if the dems can't run on calling this dude a rich gently caress cosplaying and mocking working class cultural roots, they deserve to get whigged.

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Larry Parrish posted:

that's it entirely

same reason trump did a bunch of campaign rallies in the back of beyond and flipped hundreds of counties that'd voted for democrats for decades, even for obama

Agnosticnixie posted:

Honestly if the dems can't run on calling this dude a rich gently caress cosplaying and mocking working class cultural roots, they deserve to get whigged.

99% of them have zero ground to stand on calling out someone else for being a child of privilege

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

Agnosticnixie posted:

I really want to see a dem accuse somebody of being a carpet bagger

Agnosticnixie
Jan 6, 2015

The Muppets On PCP posted:

that's it entirely

same reason trump did a bunch of campaign rallies in the back of beyond and flipped hundreds of counties that'd voted for democrats for decades, even for obama

99% of them have zero ground to stand on calling out someone else for being a child of privilege

His act goes beyond being a child of privilege imo but true, maybe the dems could also not nominate triangulated prep school types.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The Muppets On PCP posted:

that's it entirely

u mean to win national elections, you have to campaign nationally? :thunk:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voaGM4CMQ9c

Pakistani Brad Pitt
Nov 28, 2004

Not as taciturn, but still terribly powerful...

Now Joe C, he'd be loving president right now if he lived

Red Minjo
Oct 20, 2010

Out of the houses, which is the most blue?

The answer might not be be obvious at first.

Gravy Boat 2k
Kid Rock, well, his music is bad.

-A Michigander

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

finally change I can believe in

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wz5USGT0WRs&t=169s

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hank 3 for prez

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
[

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

worst hitop fade i ever seen

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
We have a few contract security guards at my office and I was talking to one of them a few weeks back (before Kid Rock said he might run for Senate (also God that was tough to type out)) and I mentioned that I grew up in Michigan and I poo poo you not the first question out of his mouth was "so do you like Kid Rock?" I couldn't decide if I wanted to kill him or myself.

What I'm saying is that if Kid Rock runs for US Senate in 2018 he will win.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
sometimes i listen to that one song where he's like "my name is kiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid" and that other one where he's the bull god and that one early one about oral sex (performed on ladies)

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajLt0PFumvo

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
"sometimes i go in from behind" kid rock eats rear end

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

And here Al Franken was worried about telling too many jokes to be taken seriously by the electorate

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
i hope he wins

my only regret is that i did not get to vote for

:rip:

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
We're gonna get President Camacho way earlier than predicted.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
All I know about Kid Rock is that he did a song for a poo poo kid's cartoon where he advocated for loving underage girls.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

SteelMentor posted:

All I know about Kid Rock is that he did a song for a poo poo kid's cartoon where he advocated for loving underage girls.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're not completely accurately representing whatever happened there.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC

Jeb! Repetition posted:

I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess you're not completely accurately representing whatever happened there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnJQIVXx9FM

Senate Candidate Kid Rock posted:

"Young ladies, young ladies,
I like them underage see,
Some say that's statutory,
(But I say it's mandatory)"

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

:aaaaa:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

gently caress, that means when he runs for prez his running mate is going to be loving ted nugent

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Chill out losers, he's just making a statement through his art

That underage pussy is siiiiiiiick

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

WELL I'M A COWBOY
LET ME SEE WHERE YOU AT
'CAUSE IF THERE'S GRASS ON THE FIELD
I'M GONNA GO GET AT THAT

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
kid rock will be prime minister of the UK

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

lmao what does this mean

https://twitter.com/KidRock/status/886995408416886785

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Hes definitely going to win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

What ever you want it too mean!

"I worked my butt off and paid my taxes! This should be easy to understand for Healthcare!": Medicare for all!
"I worked my butt off and paid my taxes! This should be easy to understand for Taxes!" Flat Tax!

etc

• Locked thread