Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
would do well with a more
humanoid model, myself

Victory! The Primordial Titan that has ravaged your Universe is dead, shattered into dust. Unfortunately so is everything else.The ruins of creation are scattered and drifting through the aether.

Magic and power of all types permeates the cosmos. The essence of Good, Evil, Chaos, Order, and everything in between has been churned during the Aeon of Conflict. So many Powers have fallen in the long war against the Destroyer, but you survive. For a moment you have a chance to savor your victory before gazing out over eternity.

It is time to rebuild.

Statement of intent: This is a Big Gods Tabula Rasa game. You will together build a plane or planes. You will posses huge, world-shaking power. Pick classic divine domains, or pick some weird obscure ones and make them work. Think big, act big. Shape and reshape creation as you see fit, step on each others toes and be total dicks, or actually cooperate and build something nice. Regardless the Natural Order of your plane will begin to repair the damage with or without you. You can cooperate, build your own sandcastles, or knock over each others sandcastles. Do be somewhat polite and reasonable about the last (goes to all parties.)

The Game will be run on a fairly typical Godgame variant on PDQ. The rules for PDQ can be found Here

APPLICATIONS!

The war was costly to all. You will start off with:

One +6 Domain of your own: This is your core Essence. Your existence is intertwined with this domain. You are a part of it and it is part of you.(A solid +6, note. Not +4/+2 or +2/+2/+2)

One +4 Divine Artifact:
It is possible you created it, perhaps it was given to you, maybe you picked it up during the endless fight. Regardless you are the one who now wields it.

One +2 Domain of the Fallen: You have seen friend and foe alike crushed beneath the Titan’s fury. At some point you drank of their power to bolster your own and deny the Titan Divine power to feast upon.

App Example:

quote:

Name Mag’dol the Monsterfatherer

Picture

Domain

Monsters +6 - Creatures beyond the natural scope. From dire rats to terrible abominations such as beholders they fall under his domain.

Aspergillum of Life +4

- When the waters of this relic hit a surface they spring forth life. When combined with his domain, armies of monstrous creatures form.

Heroes +2 - Always rivals, Mag’dol and the fallen Patron of Heroes were still good friends. When the Hero-God fell as a willing sacrifice to distract the Titan the god of Monsters reverently drank of his essence to be sure Heroes would never die.

What was your role in the war? Mag’dol created vast armies to fight the parasitic(symbiotic?) creatures that poured continuously off the Titan. In time they fought their way inside its very body. Once inside it was an even greater fight to destroy the abomination and its minions from within.

What do you intend to do now that the War is over? It is an intriguing idea: to be both the hunter and the hunted. The God of Heroes and Monsters intends to lay the seeds of both and reward the victors as his champions.

Divine Actions and You!

Don’t worry about it. Just do your actions. For reference affecting a single mortal will be a trivial task for you(once they return or you make some, anyway)

Affecting the laws of a single plane is reasonably within your grasp. Affecting the local multiverse, well, that is another thing entirely.

Misc. Things of Note:

I intend to start the game in roughly six days from posting.

I intend to update at least once every two days for the first two weeks.

Looking for 6-8 players.

#ohgod on Synirc is a good spot to talk and ask questions, though the community seems to be migrating to Discord from IRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Jormguar the Serpent, Devourer, Destroyer, and Ender Of All Things

(Source: Sigbjorn Pedersen)

For thousands of eons, the gods were locked in an eternal cycle of destruction and remaking: The Gods would create a new world, build it as a prison around the Ender Of All Things, and shape it to their whims. Eventually, when the world grew old and frail, Jormguar would break free of its prison, kill those gods who had become weak or complacent, then be defeated and bound into a new world to begin the cycle anew. A war without beginning and without end.

One that Jormguar never expected to win.

When the Titan ravaged reality, the Devourer was left unchecked, and moindlessly consumed world after world, god after god. Only when there was no more to eat, when its boundless hunger was finally sated, did Jormguar understand the gravity of the situation, of the terrible things it had helped accomplish. The cycle was broken, and finally, Jormguar, thinking clearly for the first time since the stars were born, understood its true nature.

quote:

Domain
Destruction +6: To render things into new shapes, to find the raw materials of creation, the old must first be destroyed. The Ender was not a force of evil, but a vital part of the balance and lifecycle of the universe. Many would call it evil, those who did not understand, and many more would see its all-consuming hunger as the actions of a traitor. They would never forgive it, never cease to strike it down or be struck down themselves. But as long as they waged that war, maintained the strength to fight against it, the cycle would continue, just as it once had.

(Source: Stock Image)
Seed Of The Serpent +4: In a great cosmic irony, the Destroyer cannot itself be destroyed. The oldest and wisest of the gods, their names long forgotten, wove fibers of pure creation, unbreakable and incorruptible, into its heart. As long as it remained intact, as long as there was something left to stitch itself back together from, Jormguar could never truly die. Their foresight extended even further than simple immortality, as well; the Serpent's blood also held the primordial life essence of everything it had consumed since its last spilling. To cut from Destruction's hide was to facilitate rebirth, both its own, and that of all that it had devoured.

The Seas +2: Nevatila, Goddess of the Seas, was the mightiest of the wardens on Jormguar's prison, and one of the first to be consumed. Every time before, even if the Devourer was successful in consuming a god, it would never have time to digest them before it was defeated again. Left to run rampant, that time was finally given, Nevatila's existence became one with that of Jormguar, and it understood.

Hard stone worn away to sand then pressed or fired into new uses, islands destroyed in terrible hurricanes, while volcanoes birthed new ones in explosions of smoke and molten rock, high tides drowning cities, but the salt and the silt churning the earth beneath it to render a new fertility, all these things were understood completely. The cycle of the universe, played out in miniature everywhere, on every world. If Jormguar could not restart the cycle on its own, it could at least maintain the ones that existed before, and would again.

Servants

(Source)
Nagaja +2: Sea monsters, serpents of great and terrible power, that carry the burden of being the Destroyer's will.

What was your role in the war? A thoughtless beast, wild and rampant, Jormguar served no side but its own hunger, but in doing so, served as powerful ally for the Primordial Titan. It wasn't until the twilight years of the war that the Devourer finally realized the consequences of its actions, and turned its power against the common enemy. But deicide is not so easily forgiven, and there are many survivors who still see the Serpent as a mindless beast best put down, or worse yet, an active traitor who only turned sides to save its own hide.

What do you intend to do now that the War is over? If there is nothing left to create, there is nothing left to destroy, but having devoured so much of creation, Jormguar understands it far better than it ever did before. Once the cycle is restored, the Destroyer will be able to take its old role again, to break what needs breaking so that it can be fixed by others, but in the mean time, it will have to learn to operate on a very different tact.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 26, 2017

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST
I'm tentatively interested, so i figured I'd throw a character up.

Uempa, the Dark Flame

Once the goddess of light, she embodied the many suns and stars of the cosmos, and they were not just her creation, but in many ways a part of her. From the raging infernos to the soft simmering flames that illuminated whole sectors, these were the domain of Uempa. I say were, because the prideful, careful Starsheperd is no more. The war consumed everything bright and brilliant in her. Her arrogance, her strength, are naught but ashes. Ashes that burn nonetheless. Because that's the true essence of Uempa. The unending, gnawing hunger of the flame. A flame that may not shed light, but that burns, that cannot die. Beneath the flames, only the skeletal bones of the once proud goddess.

Domain
Change +6: Nothing is permanent. Everything changes. Like the flickering flames on the surface of the stars, what seems to be, is there only for a moment. But change does not mean death. Existence stretches off for all eternity, as Uempa can attest. In the process of transforming from Sun Goddess to something else, from becoming the Radiant Flame to transforming into the Hungering Dark, Uempa knows this at a level that transcends the physical and spiritual. It was having to transform all her beloved creation, bit by bit, into weapons of destruction that left Uempa in this state, and it is that terrifying power that she mastered.

The Voidshard +4: Perhaps her most dangerous action during the War, Uempa took Fate itself, the idea of destiny, the Laws that had once bound the gods, and reshaped it. Into a terrible, awesome lance of pure, shimmering energy. The idea was that this weapon would be sufficient to bind the Titan, where the others could beat it down. A worthy goal. Ultimately fruitless. The lance struck a grievous blow, yes, but it shattered, and with it went the old order of the cosmos. While the other two fragments were lost to Uempa, one remained, a jagged piece of the old order. In it are the echoes of how things were, of fate, and destiny and order. What exactly, might be accomplished with it is a mystery even to Uempa herself, but perhaps fragments of Order might still be woven from it.

Darkness +2: There was nothing Uempa detested more than Nergal, the Shadow of the Cosmos. The Void Unending. The Consumer of Souls. But with the Lance of Fate shattered, the Gods themselves in retreat as entire systems and galaxies were shattered, Nergal refused to fight, hiding instead in the darkest of his realms. Perhaps his spirit broke. Perhaps he thought he could broker a deal with the Titan. It mattered not to Uempa. With the cold, methodical, calculated attitude that had displaced her previous arrogance, Uempa simply slew Nergal, crushed the Iron Crown of his domain, and drunk deep from his Divine Well. An act that disgusted the small part of her that still had time for emotions. It tainted her, changed her golden flames into something more sinister... but as she would learn in the final act of the war, darkness was also a powerful tool, and now an undeniable part of Uempa.

What was your role in the war? Uempa at first was the blazing fury that lead the charge against the Titan, using entire suns as weapons, lances of heat to penetrate its incredibly tough hide. As the war progressed, and this proved utterly fruitless, despite its apparent initial success, Uempa took the place of the fallen smith god, forging weapons for the Gods from her Suns and Lights, losing the flock she had so jealously guarded bit by bit, trying more and more dangerous and reckless transformations as the war grew increasingly desperate. The Lance of Fate, one such item, one of many desperate, final, attempts. The process required Uempa to mix her own divine essence with her creations, a painful process, and one that would change her more than she could have imagined.

What do you intend to do now that the War is over? Uempa yearns to recover her flock, to recreate the stars and flames in all their glory... but realizes that cannot be. She is too impure, too tainted to be the guardian of that anymore. Instead, she wishes to restore some fraction of the Old World, to make the sacrifices that were made not ultimately useless... and to punish those Gods who failed to bring their all during the war.

TheCog fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 16, 2017

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
Caseria, Our Lady Of Lost Causes

Backstory:

To explain Caseria's divinity, you must explain her life.

Thousands of years ago, in a fading empire beset by famine and barbarians, lived a religious initiate named Caseria. Her religious order was a small one in the Empire's capital, their temple built under willow and elm. To become a true priestess of her order she had to make a holy journey to a mountain sacred to them, a journey that would take years. There were doubts the capital could hold out that long, and the path was beset by bandits and plague. The elders told Caseria she didn't have to go, not to die for their beliefs, to shed her cloth and become a commoner. Caseria refused, and each of the orders four elders would attempt to convince her to turn aside from this path. All failed, each was more impressed with conviction and force of will than the last. Finally, they grudgingly approved her journey. Everyone said she would die, everyone said she would fail.

She would die.

Four times.

She would not fail.

The first time it was bandits. An arrow in the chest from the forest dark. Everything she had was stolen. A bird took pity on her and her quest. Some say it was one of the old gods, some say it was simply a bird. No matter the case, it landed next to her lifeless ear. It was draped in red and gold, the colors of her order and the Empire. The bird graced her with the first Secret, the Secret of Birds, and she would rise again. Out of respect she would put two of his feathers in her hair. She climbed Mount Orishen, completed the rituals, and started back down the mountain. An avalanche buired her, crushing her body and mangling her remains. She watched the sunrise with dead eyes, and the sunrise bowed to her will. It whispered the second secret to her. She rose again. Caseria saw the pillars of smoke and fire long before she saw the remains of her city.

Her third death came after a long illness from poisoned water, surrounded by fallen leaves. The leaves too saw the worthiness of her quest and whispered the third secret, the Secret of Leaves. Her body rose again, for the last time. She marched back to the capital, now devastated by drought and famine. Nearly dying of starvation again, and taking another arrow in the chest. She would limp into the ruins of the capital and find her old temple, the elms and willows now burned to ash, the temples long since destroyed. She crawled through the rubble and found her Order's banner, clutching it while she died of starvation in the sun's fading light. The sunset would cry, shaken by her strength and purity. It whispered the final secret in her dead ear, the Secret of the Sunset. Caseria rose again, but not as a woman.

As a goddess.

She took up her Order's banner, the last of it's priestly robes. She became an icon of hope for the lost, the desperate, and the damned.

Caseria's cults waxed and waned. When times were good her worshipers would dry up, but when famine, plague and war came and wherever poverty was rampant her name sprung to mind unbidden. Her religious rituals were largely adhoc, more concerned with the spirit of the matter than the details but certain things would recur such as fasting, burnt offerings, and self mortification. She was never a great goddess, barely meriting the notice of powerful deities. She simply moved through the world, tending to her flock, offering hope and faith to those who needed it must. Until the War.

Domain

Lost Causes (+6): Whenever hope is a fool's errand I can lend my strength. Desperate last stands, pointless quests, pining for a lost lover, I cherish these prayers. Some might call my work bleak or depressing, and it is, but that is all the more reason it must be done. Someone must stand for those who can't stand for themselves, for those who have lost everyone and everything. That is me.

Artifacts

The Nameless Banner (Hope & Faith +4): My ever faithful companion. In four thousand years, it has never been out of arm's reach. It was once the banner of my religious order, but when I ascended it changed. Now it tells the story my journey to all who see it, and it glows with a soft light from within. None may lose their hope or faith in that glow.

Stixaia's Obsidian Blade Of Blood And Sacrifice (Sacrifice +4): My love's greatest artifact. A carefully crafted obsidian ritual knife that bears most of her power. A great locus of power for blood magic.

The Antler of Valas (Elemental Fire +4): The antler of one of Seiraes's siblings. A god of flame and fury. A touching gift from a valued friend.

Fallen Domain

Sacrifice (+2): Before the War, there was a goddess named Stixaia. She was one of the few greater goddesses to pay attention to me. The Lady of Blood and Ink, Knowledge Through Sacrifice. Our natures and domains meant where one went the other was never far behind. Our rivalry was the stuff of legends. But as the years rolled on our rivalry cooled, became enjoyable, and then it became something more. It became love. I can still remember the feeling of her scars pressed against my body, the way she would whisper in my ear. During the War, she was always at my side. The others turned to me for counsel, and I turned to her. With her crooked smile and cracked lips she could make my own pain go away. I think without her even I would have lost hope. During one of the last battles of the War...the Titan hurt her. Hurt her badly. I rushed to her side, took her hand. Our blood mingled, mine still a human's red, hers ink-dark. We kissed, and then she was gone. What was left of her became part of me. I gained the power of Sacrifice, and a small shard of her personality.

Spirits

The Reveries (+2): A gift from gods greater than myself. They are my daughters, my family. Each of them carries hope inside, along with wisdom and strength of will. All wear the colors of sunrise and sunset. Some are birds of all sizes, some are rays of light, and few are even pillars of autumnal leaves. They serve me with love and devotion.

Patronage

Patron of Hope: (+2): Mortals pray to me for hope. It brings me great comfort.

What was your role in the war?

When war gods fell, when all hope seemed folly, my banner and I were there. I never had more power. I never wanted it less. We would be at the front of every battle from thereon out. Each time I was prepared for death. Somehow, it never came. To this day my own survival vexes me. I was not the fastest, the strongest, the cleverest, or the wisest.

What do you intend to do now that the War is over?

I will make sure we never forget what we sacrificed. I will gather the temples and holy sites of every fallen god I can and arrange them into a funerary world, a memorial to a universe that was. In this moment, we need hope more than ever. So my banner and I will be there for those who need us. Beyond that, I have no real ambitions.

The Unlife Aquatic fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Aug 22, 2017

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Virilas, Lord of Life, Father of Fecundity, Patron of Population

All the deities lost everything when the Primordial Destroyer unmade the universe, both directly and throughout the Aeon of Conflict, but few lost more than Virilas. Before the cataclysm, He was partnered to Voluptia, the Great Mother, and together they danced life into being across a million, million worlds and aspects of what was. They revelled in progenitive acts throughout reality, luxuriating in it all.

Voluptia was one of the first to fall and be ended.

For a time, the anger, fury and grief drove Virilas onto the front lines, raising up armies and erecting great and terrible weapons with which to oppose the Titan, empowered by all the lives he had sired or caused to be sired. But slowly, inexorably, over the course of the myriad lifetimes worth of the war, those lights of life went out. The cumulative deaths of his progeny over time became too great for the Lord of Life to bear, and he fell into a catatonic depression, easy pickings for the Titan, if not for one ultimate act.

Domain
Life +6
: Self-perpetuating, challenge-defying, ever-evolving life in all its many variations, though the father of fecundity has a fondness for pair-bonding in particular. Bringing it about, empowering it, altering it, this is Virilas' bailiwick.

Artifact
The Bountiful Cornucopia (Plenty +4)
: An unending supply of delicious consumables, capable of restoring youth, health and vigour, encouraging and facilitating successful procreation, sowing the seeds of a resplendent harvest, or otherwise encouraging 'more'. It is acceleration, geometric progression, duplication. Everything in abundance.

Fallen Domain
Despair +2
: When Virilas was at his lowest ebb, with all life snuffed out in the ruins of creation, with the Titan bearing down upon him to end him once and for all, there was one who stood watch over him. Erelimes, Goddess of Despair tried to withhold her touch from him, to exhort him to get up and act once more, begging and pleading as the end drew nigh, but all of it was to no avail. The Titan sent a jagged blast of utter oblivion to erase even the concept of life altogether in perpetuity, so Erelimes performed her last act and interposed herself, accepting the annihilation which would have otherwise, as she believed, rendered the battle futile. She conducted what little she could save of her power into Virilas through the medium of his depression, and then she was gone. Despair was gone, and in its absence bloomed hope, real hope, hope enough for Virilas to rise once more and rejoin the fray.

Angelic Helpers
The Voluptines +2
: The creations of Virilias, aided by Cypax and Medrok, The Voluptines are the ones loyal to their creator. Each has a physical form reminiscent of an aspect of lost Voluptia, with information on the war, fear of the gods and a survival instinct gifted as part of their creation. (They may aid an action or be set to a task in the background.)

Virilas fought, and brought others into the fray. Creation opposes Destruction, and even with the loss of his equal counterpart early on, for most of the war he used his power to raise up armies, both macroscopic, microscopic and every scale in between, to fight for existence. Only with the loss of all mortal life did he fall dormant, but was rekindled by Erelimes' sacrifice to rejoin the fray, using the powers of his cornucopia to redouble the efforts of others and revitalise them when they flagged.

What do you intend to do now that the war is over?
Recreate it all! There must be life and love once more! There must be things that grow and worlds for them to grow upon, there must be beings with the self-awareness to choose to perpetuate themselves. This emptiness is painful, and I will not willingly bear it overlong.

Creations
The Voluptines, Nagaja, Nameless, Reveries, Unending, Hornbearers, Final Host, Maiar and all other metaphysical life, granted knowledge,fear and survival instincts by Medrok and Cypax, and personalised by each deity they serve.

All life on the Prime Plane created by Jormgaur and Natosh.

Additional powers
Elemental Wood +2
Patron of Answered Prayers +2
Patron of Comfort +2

AJ_Impy fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 22, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....
VOTH, the Last of the Three Pillars

ORDER.

Upon ORDER, stands everything. Upon ORDER, is STRUCTURE built upon, upon STRUCTURE is laid LAW, and only upon LAW, can JUSTICE stand. Of the gestalt of the universe, thus, is ORDER the mightiest, most important part.

Too mighty was it, knew the old world, to trust upon a singularity. Thus were the Three Pillars the support of the old Grand Pantheon. For upon their shoulders, was the heavy weight of ORDER laid.

GOGOTH, the eldest, who spoke of STRUCTURE. GOGOTH, who made the first blocks of reality. GOGOTH, from whose hands the bulk sprung, and a world in stasis could be created. GOGOTH, who sacrificed himself to forge mighty chains, to keep the Titan in its place.

MARVAK, the middle, who spoke of LAW. MARVAK, who told the blocks how to act. MARVAK whose word could not be broken, and helped create a deterministic reality. MARVAK, who sacrificed herself to direct the universe against the Titan, to pound and weaken it.

And then is there VOTH, the youngest, who spoke of JUSTICE. VOTH, whose word was the only one of the pillars to reach mortal ears. VOTH, who told them the price of sin, and the right ways to act. VOTH, who was told to stay behind.

For the Three Pillars knew, to him would a heavier burden still be entrusted.

Domain
ORDER [+6]: Upon the shoulders of VOTH, does the entirety of ORDER stand. Even before, a burden too heavy for a single entity. So is it now, yet he must abide. Upon the domain of ORDER, stand the trinity of STRUCTURE, which speaks of the makeup of reality and which brings upon solidity and foundation; LAW that is the word that tells how things are, that makes the laws of the universe, and tells what is; and JUSTICE, which is the guide for sentience, so that it might not lose its way, and tells the path to that which ought.

All this stands now, on the shoulders of VOTH.

Artifact
JUDGMENT [+4]: The artifact of VOTH is the sword which is called JUDGMENT, which from JUSTICE is forged. With JUDGMENT, may the breakers of JUSTICE be brought their deserved fate, and may proper peace be enforced within the Pantheon. Thus is JUDGMENT the blade, and the scornful gaze, of ORDER.

Fallen Domain
Death [+2]: The Three Pillars, it was known, were stoic, and often aloof. They were dutiful. Yet they were not seperate from the Grand Pantheon. Thus too was it with VOTH, who mingled, on occasion. On occasion, spoke his mind, and spoke it with conviction. And such was his will, that it attracted the attentions of Haalum, the mistress of death and entropy, upon whose gentle embrace all things ended, and all souls gained their last guidance. For millennia they courted, for millennia they loved, yet all things must eventually die, as did Haalum, when giving the last rites to the dead Titan, so it might stay gone forever still.

The scraps of her essence are the last memento of her ever having existed, and the greatest of the treasures of VOTH.

Voth did not engage the Titan directly, for it was determined that at least one of the pillars should survive. Thus, though he yearned to strike at the Titan directly, he mostly stood in the backlines, directing all ensouled beings upon creation to act and strike against the Titan in whatever ways possible, gifting them divine power whenever possible.

Priority number one is to not be crushed under the totality of his new responsibilities. The Universe will have to be largely rebuilt, reorganized, and any future sentiences be guided on top of that. Voth will make his best attempt at all of this, but will likely attempt to delegate as much as possible via demi-divinities and such. Also, he will very self-righteously try to keep a peace within the new Grand Pantheon itself.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 16, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Medrok, The Craven

Once the Terror of Creation, Medrok is now infamous with the remnants floating on the Aeon as a shattered, broken mess, hiding within the empty void of creation, letting no one approach him. While those who survived the fight against the Destroyer took many scars within their essence, Medrok left completely unharmed in body, yet his psyche took the greatest damage of all. Medrok seeks to survive through the end of time, with a lingering terror of the void that awaits the death of a God and hating all around him as potential threats to his own safety.

Domain:
Fear (+6)
From minor anxieties to crippling phobias, Medrok rules over all the creeping fears that always linger upon the living.

Artifact:
The Night Mare (+4)
After a strike from the Destroyer, Medrok's body bled some of his own essence and sanity, which the God hastily tried to shape into something new. This artifact is an unthinking, yet somehow living clump of pure shadow that serves as the mount for its creator, sometimes manifesting as a massive pitch black horse, sometimes as an unthinkably horrid giant insect. The Night Mare's greatest ability, however, lies in its capacity to effortlessly swim through the conscious and subconscious, taking its master inside the minds of anything with the capacity to think... And to fear.

Fallen Domain:
Survival(+2)
After his brothers and sisters bullied Medrok into combating the Destroyer, the God of Fear still felt he had no chance against such a cosmic threat, and therefore, during the raging chaos of the battle against the Titan, he cowardly struck Raneth, God of Survival from behind, quickly gorging upon his essence as it hid from the prying eyes of the other Gods, holding a maniac belief that only by doing so Medrok could avoid losing its immortal essence during the apocalyptic final battle.

Despite being one of the most powerful of the Gods, Medrok was still hesitant in fighting the Destroyer, as he always had the greatest instinct of self-preservation with this kind. It took the threat and bullying of all his brothers and sisters to make him finally take arms against the Titan, and upon the final battle, he did his best to spread the fear of death to everyone in the field, to demoralize his enemies and make his companions fight with the desperate strength of those who know the end is nigh. Upon taking the last blows against the Destroyer, however, Medrok's power was turned against him as a vision of the returning Destroyer appeared in his mind, which combined with the fear that he had of his sibling gods pushed him over the edge, brutally shattering the once imperious Lord of Fear into a shivering cowardly mess.

Make sure nothing can threaten Medrok, ever. Be either another God, Mortals... Or the looming shadow of the returning Titan.

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 17, 2017

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

PMush Perfect posted:

Jormguar the Serpent, Devourer, Destroyer, and Ender Of All Things

(Source: Sigbjorn Pedersen)

For thousands of eons, the gods were locked in an eternal cycle of destruction and remaking: The Gods would create a new world, build it as a prison around the Ender Of All Things, and shape it to their whims. Eventually, when the world grew old and frail, Jormguar would break free of its prison, kill those gods who had become weak or complacent, then be defeated and bound into a new world to begin the cycle anew. A war without beginning and without end.

One that Jormguar never expected to win.

When the Titan ravaged reality, the Devourer was left unchecked, and moindlessly consumed world after world, god after god. Only when there was no more to eat, when its boundless hunger was finally sated, did Jormguar understand the gravity of the situation, of the terrible things it had helped accomplish. The cycle was broken, and finally, Jormguar, thinking clearly for the first time since the stars were born, understood its true nature.

What was your role in the war? A thoughtless beast, wild and rampant, Jormguar served no side but its own hunger, but in doing so, served as powerful ally for the Primordial Titan. It wasn't until the twilight years of the war that the Devourer finally realized the consequences of its actions, and turned its power against the common enemy. But deicide is not so easily forgiven, and there are many survivors who still see the Serpent as a mindless beast best put down, or worse yet, an active traitor who only turned sides to save its own hide.

What do you intend to do now that the War is over? If there is nothing left to create, there is nothing left to destroy, but having devoured so much of creation, Jormguar understands it far better than it ever did before. Once the cycle is restored, the Destroyer will be able to take its old role again, to break what needs breaking so that it can be fixed by others, but in the mean time, it will have to learn to operate on a very different tact.

Overall a solid Concept. I have two questions and a note:
1)What is the actual use of your item?
2)How would Jormguar act toward the fledgling creations of the gods?
Note: While the immortal aspect is cool, in game terms your regeneration would occur after game end should you be defeated.

TheCog posted:

I'm tentatively interested, so i figured I'd throw a character up.

Uempa, the Dark Flame

Once the goddess of light, she embodied the many suns and stars of the cosmos, and they were not just her creation, but in many ways a part of her. From the raging infernos to the soft simmering flames that illuminated whole sectors, these were the domain of Uempa. I say were, because the prideful, careful Starsheperd is no more. The war consumed everything bright and brilliant in her. Her arrogance, her strength, are naught but ashes. Ashes that burn nonetheless. Because that's the true essence of Uempa. The unending, gnawing hunger of the flame. A flame that may not shed light, but that burns, that cannot die. Beneath the flames, only the skeletal bones of the once proud goddess.

Domain
Change +6: Nothing is permanent. Everything changes. Like the flickering flames on the surface of the stars, what seems to be, is there only for a moment. But change does not mean death. Existence stretches off for all eternity, as Uempa can attest. In the process of transforming from Sun Goddess to something else, from becoming the Radiant Flame to transforming into the Hungering Dark, Uempa knows this at a level that transcends the physical and spiritual. It was having to transform all her beloved creation, bit by bit, into weapons of destruction that left Uempa in this state, and it is that terrifying power that she mastered.

The Voidshard +4: Perhaps her most dangerous action during the War, Uempa took Fate itself, the idea of destiny, the Laws that had once bound the gods, and reshaped it. Into a terrible, awesome lance of pure, shimmering energy. The idea was that this weapon would be sufficient to bind the Titan, where the others could beat it down. A worthy goal. Ultimately fruitless. The lance struck a grievous blow, yes, but it shattered, and with it went the old order of the cosmos. While the other two fragments were lost to Uempa, one remained, a jagged piece of the old order. In it are the echoes of how things were, of fate, and destiny and order. What exactly, might be accomplished with it is a mystery even to Uempa herself, but perhaps fragments of Order might still be woven from it.

Darkness +2: There was nothing Uempa detested more than Nergal, the Shadow of the Cosmos. The Void Unending. The Consumer of Souls. But with the Lance of Fate shattered, the Gods themselves in retreat as entire systems and galaxies were shattered, Nergal refused to fight, hiding instead in the darkest of his realms. Perhaps his spirit broke. Perhaps he thought he could broker a deal with the Titan. It mattered not to Uempa. With the cold, methodical, calculated attitude that had displaced her previous arrogance, Uempa simply slew Nergal, crushed the Iron Crown of his domain, and drunk deep from his Divine Well. An act that disgusted the small part of her that still had time for emotions. It tainted her, changed her golden flames into something more sinister... but as she would learn in the final act of the war, darkness was also a powerful tool, and now an undeniable part of Uempa.

What was your role in the war? Uempa at first was the blazing fury that lead the charge against the Titan, using entire suns as weapons, lances of heat to penetrate its incredibly tough hide. As the war progressed, and this proved utterly fruitless, despite its apparent initial success, Uempa took the place of the fallen smith god, forging weapons for the Gods from her Suns and Lights, losing the flock she had so jealously guarded bit by bit, trying more and more dangerous and reckless transformations as the war grew increasingly desperate. The Lance of Fate, one such item, one of many desperate, final, attempts. The process required Uempa to mix her own divine essence with her creations, a painful process, and one that would change her more than she could have imagined.

What do you intend to do now that the War is over? Uempa yearns to recover her flock, to recreate the stars and flames in all their glory... but realizes that cannot be. She is too impure, too tainted to be the guardian of that anymore. Instead, she wishes to restore some fraction of the Old World, to make the sacrifices that were made not ultimately useless... and to punish those Gods who failed to bring their all during the war.

I think I like it, though Change could be a too-wide penumbra. Would she make black holes instead of Stars?
1) I am unclear on what your item does. What was Uempa's tentative first use of the shard?

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

Caseria, Our Lady Of Lost Causes

Backstory:

To explain Caseria's divinity, you must explain her life.

Thousands of years ago, in a fading empire beset by famine and barbarians, lived a religious initiate named Caseria. Her religious order was a small one in the Empire's capital, their temple built under willow and elm. To become a true priestess of her order she had to make a holy journey to a mountain sacred to them, a journey that would take years. There were doubts the capital could hold out that long, and the path was beset by bandits and plague. The elders told Caseria she didn't have to go, not to die for their beliefs, to shed her cloth and become a commoner. Caseria refused, and each of the orders four elders would attempt to convince her to turn aside from this path. All failed, each was more impressed with conviction and force of will than the last. Finally, they grudgingly approved her journey. Everyone said she would die, everyone said she would fail.

She would die.

Four times.

She would not fail.

The first time it was bandits. An arrow in the chest from the forest dark. Everything she had was stolen. A bird took pity on her and her quest. Some say it was one of the old gods, some say it was simply a bird. No matter the case, it landed next to her lifeless ear. It was draped in red and gold, the colors of her order and the Empire. The bird graced her with the first Secret, the Secret of Birds, and she would rise again. Out of respect she would put two of his feathers in her hair. She climbed Mount Orishen, completed the rituals, and started back down the mountain. An avalanche buired her, crushing her body and mangling her remains. She watched the sunrise with dead eyes, and the sunrise bowed to her will. It whispered the second secret to her. She rose again. Caseria saw the pillars of smoke and fire long before she saw the remains of her city.

Her third death came after a long illness from poisoned water, surrounded by fallen leaves. The leaves too saw the worthiness of her quest and whispered the third secret, the Secret of Leaves. Her body rose again, for the last time. She marched back to the capital, now devastated by drought and famine. Nearly dying of starvation again, and taking another arrow in the chest. She would limp into the ruins of the capital and find her old temple, the elms and willows now burned to ash, the temples long since destroyed. She crawled through the rubble and found her Order's banner, clutching it while she died of starvation in the sun's fading light. The sunset would cry, shaken by her strength and purity. It whispered the final secret in her dead ear, the Secret of the Sunset. Caseria rose again, but not as a woman.

As a goddess.

She took up her Order's banner, the last of it's priestly robes. She became an icon of hope for the lost, the desperate, and the damned.

Caseria's cults waxed and waned. When times were good her worshippers would dry up, but when famine, plague and war came and wherever poverty was rampant her name sprung to mind unbidden. Her religious rituals were largely adhoc, more concerned with the spirit of the matter than the details but certain things would recur such as fasting, burnt offerings, and self mortification.

Domain

Lost Causes (+6): Wars of folly, pointless quests, long dead love, anytime hope might seem foolish Caseria can lend her strength. She cherishes all things lost, the wounded, the dying, the last vestiges of a once great church. The burning embers of a universe.

Artifact

The Nameless Banner (+4): The banner that sat atop her order's temple temple became the focal point for her divine power. It tells the story of her ascent to godhood and glows with a soft light. None may lose their hope in it.

Fallen Domain

Sacrifice (+2): Before the War, there was a goddess named Stixaia. She was the Lady of Blood and Ink. Knowledge and Sacrifice. Where one of us went, the other would soon follow. Our rivalry was the stuff of legends. But then, so was our love. She was one of my greatest allies during the war, whenever I flagged she was there with her crooked smile and cracked lips. Even I may have lost hope without her. During one of the last battles of the war the Titan dealt a crushing blow to her. I rushed to her side, held her hand. Our blood mingled, we kissed. Then she was gone. She gave me what was left of her power, the gift of sacrifice. I cherish it.

When war gods fell, and when all were on the brink of losing hope, my banner was there. I never had more power, nor wanted it less. My banner and I would lead the charge into every battle. I went into each prepared for the death that never came. To this day, my own survival vexes me. I was not the fastest, the strongest, the cleverest, or the worthiest.

I will make sure we never forget what we sacrificed. I will gather the temples and holy sites of every fallen god I can and arrange them into a funerary world, a memorial to a universe that was. In this moment, we need hope more than ever. So my banner and I will be there for those who need us. Beyond that, I have no real ambitions.

We have talked on Discord, looks good now.
1) I assume your banner is +4 Hope in effect?

AJ_Impy posted:

Virilas, Lord of Life, Father of Fecundity, Patron of Population

All the deities lost everything when the Primordial Destroyer unmade the universe, both directly and throughout the Aeon of Conflict, but few lost more than Virilas. Before the cataclysm, He was partnered to Voluptia, the Great Mother, and together they danced life into being across a million, million worlds and aspects of what was. They revelled in progenitive acts throughout reality, luxuriating in it all.

Voluptia was one of the first to fall and be ended.

For a time, the anger, fury and grief drove Virilas onto the front lines, raising up armies and erecting great and terrible weapons with which to oppose the Titan, empowered by all the lives he had sired or caused to be sired. But slowly, inexorably, over the course of the myriad lifetimes worth of the war, those lights of life went out. The cumulative deaths of his progeny over time became too great for the Lord of Life to bear, and he fell into a catatonic depression, easy pickings for the Titan, if not for one ultimate act.

Domain
Life +6
: Self-perpetuating, challenge-defying, ever-evolving life in all its many variations, though the father of fecundity has a fondness for pair-bonding in particular. Bringing it about, empowering it, altering it, this is Virilas' bailiwick.

Artifact
The Bountiful Cornucopia +4
: An unending supply of delicious consumables, capable of restoring youth, health and vigour, encouraging and facilitating successful procreation, sowing the seeds of a resplendent harvest, or otherwise encouraging 'more'. It is acceleration, geometric progression, duplication. Everything in abundance.

Fallen Domain
Despair +2
: When Virilas was at his lowest ebb, with all life snuffed out in the ruins of creation, with the Titan bearing down upon him to end him once and for all, there was one who stood watch over him. Erelimes, Goddess of Despair tried to withhold her touch from him, to exhort him to get up and act once more, begging and pleading as the end drew nigh, but all of it was to no avail. The Titan sent a jagged blast of utter oblivion to erase even the concept of life altogether in perpetuity, so Erelimes performed her last act and interposed herself, accepting the annihilation which would have otherwise, as she believed, rendered the battle futile. She conducted what little she could save of her power into Virilas through the medium of his depression, and then she was gone. Despair was gone, and in its absence bloomed hope, real hope, hope enough for Virilas to rise once more and rejoin the fray.

Virilas fought, and brought others into the fray. Creation opposes Destruction, and even with the loss of his equal counterpart early on, for most of the war he used his power to raise up armies, both macroscopic, microscopic and every scale in between, to fight for existence. Only with the loss of all mortal life did he fall dormant, but was rekindled by Erelimes' sacrifice to rejoin the fray, using the powers of his cornucopia to redouble the efforts of others and revitalise them when they flagged.

Recreate it all! There must be life and love once more! There must be things that grow and worlds for them to grow upon, there must be beings with the self-awareness to choose to perpetuate themselves. This emptiness is painful, and I will not willingly bear it overlong.

Also talked in IRC. Item domain clarity is clearly becoming a recurring issue, though.
1) Would "Plenty +4" be a good fit for the Cornucopia?

Theantero posted:

VOTH, the Last of the Three Pillars

ORDER.

Upon ORDER, stands everything. Upon ORDER, is STRUCTURE built upon, upon STRUCTURE is laid LAW, and only upon LAW, can JUSTICE stand. Of the gestalt of the universe, thus, is ORDER the mightiest, most important part.

Too mighty was it, knew the old world, to trust upon a singularity. Thus were the Three Pillars the support of the old Grand Pantheon. For upon their shoulders, was the heavy weight of ORDER laid.

GOGOTH, the eldest, who spoke of STRUCTURE. GOGOTH, who made the first blocks of reality. GOGOTH, from whose hands the bulk sprung, and a world in stasis could be created. GOGOTH, who sacrificed himself to forge mighty chains, to keep the Titan in its place.

MARVAK, the middle, who spoke of LAW. MARVAK, who told the blocks how to act. MARVAK whose word could not be broken, and helped create a deterministic reality. MARVAK, who sacrificed herself to direct the universe against the Titan, to pound and weaken it.

And then is there VOTH, the youngest, who spoke of JUSTICE. VOTH, whose word was the only one of the pillars to reach mortal ears. VOTH, who told them the price of sin, and the right ways to act. VOTH, who was told to stay behind.

For the Three Pillars knew, to him would a heavier burden still be entrusted.

Domain
ORDER [+6]: Upon the shoulders of VOTH, does the entirety of ORDER stand. Even before, a burden too heavy for a single entity. So is it now, yet he must abide. Upon the domain of ORDER, stand the trinity of STRUCTURE, which speaks of the makeup of reality and which brings upon solidity and foundation; LAW that is the word that tells how things are, that makes the laws of the universe, and tells what is; and JUSTICE, which is the guide for sentience, so that it might not lose its way, and tells the path to that which ought.

All this stands now, on the shoulders of VOTH.

Artifact
JUDGMENT [+4]: The artifact of VOTH is the sword which is called JUDGMENT, which from JUSTICE is forged. With JUDGMENT, may the breakers of JUSTICE be brought their deserved fate, and may proper peace be enforced within the Pantheon. Thus is JUDGMENT the blade, and the scornful gaze, of ORDER.

Fallen Domain
Death [+2]: The Three Pillars, it was known, were stoic, and often aloof. They were dutiful. Yet they were not seperate from the Grand Pantheon. Thus too was it with VOTH, who mingled, on occasion. On occasion, spoke his mind, and spoke it with conviction. And such was his will, that it attracted the attentions of Haalum, the mistress of death and entropy, upon whose gentle embrace all things ended, and all souls gained their last guidance. For millennia they courted, for millennia they loved, yet all things must eventually die, as did Haalum, when giving the last rites to the dead Titan, so it might stay gone forever still.

The scraps of her essence are the last memento of her ever having existed, and the greatest of the treasures of VOTH.

Voth did not engage the Titan directly, for it was determined that at least one of the pillars should survive. Thus, though he yearned to strike at the Titan directly, he mostly stood in the backlines, directing all ensouled beings upon creation to act and strike against the Titan in whatever ways possible, gifting them divine power whenever possible.

Priority number one is to not be crushed under the totality of his new responsibilities. The Universe will have to be largely rebuilt, reorganized, and any future sentiences be guided on top of that. Voth will make his best attempt at all of this, but will likely attempt to delegate as much as possible via demi-divinities and such. Also, he will very self-righteously try to keep a peace within the new Grand Pantheon itself.

More Discord chat. I like it.
1)What does Voth say to allegations that he is a spineless craven coward who hid during the war?

Plutonis posted:

Medrok, The Craven

Once the Terror of Creation, Medrok is now infamous with the remnants floating on the Aeon as a shattered, broken mess, hiding within the empty void of creation, letting no one approach him. While those who survived the fight against the Destroyer took many scars within their essence, Medrok left completely unharmed in body, yet his psyche took the greatest damage of all.

Domain:
Fear (+6)
From minor anxieties to crippling phobias, Medrok rules over all the creeping fears that always linger upon the living.

Artifact:
Spear of the Defeated (+4)
A sinful trophy, this weapon was plundered by a murdered Goddess and was once said to ward defeat in battle from its owner, yet the betrayal that brought it to Medrok's hand made it a paradoxical weapon, which is now openly hostile to his owner yet must still guide him to victory...

Fallen Domain:
Victory (+2)
After his brothers and sisters bullied Medrok into combating the Destroyer, the God of Fear still felt he had no chance against such a cosmic threat, and therefore, during the raging chaos of the battle against the Titan, he cowardly struck Kinea, Goddess of Victory from behind, quickly gorging upon her essence and taking upon her weapons as he empowered himself, hoping that her invincibility would also spread upon him during the final battle against the Destroyer.

Despite being one of the most powerful of the Gods, Medrok was still hesitant in fighting the Destroyer, as he always had the greatest instinct of self-preservation with this kind. It took the threat and bullying of all his brothers and sisters to make him finally take arms against the Titan, and upon the final battle, he did his best to spread the fear of death to everyone in the field, to demoralize his enemies and make his companions fight with the desperate strength of those who know the end is nigh. Upon taking the last blows against the Destroyer, however, Medrok's power was turned against him as a vision of the returning Destroyer appeared in his mind, which combined with the fear that he had of his sibling gods pushed him over the edge amd shattered the once imperious Lord of Fear into a shivering cowardly mess.

Make sure nothing can threaten Medrok, ever. Be either another God, Mortals... Or the looming shadow of the returning Titan.

Hmm. It could have potential but could do with some polishing.
1) Again, unclear on what the item does.
2) How would Medrok react to a call for the Pantheon to meet?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

JamezBfod posted:

Overall a solid Concept. I have two questions and a note:
1)What is the actual use of your item?
2)How would Jormguar act toward the fledgling creations of the gods?
Note: While the immortal aspect is cool, in game terms your regeneration would occur after game end should you be defeated.
1) Aside from the story-only regenerative capabilities, it also allows creation from wherever Jormguar bleeds, usually related to what kinds of things it's devoured recently. This can be used deliberately, or reactionary. For example, if the Serpent had recently drank the darkened seas, putting a gash in its side could cause new, clear water to spring forth, or after consuming a landslide, it might cast several of its scales down as islands.

The limitations on the creation are that it has to be related to something it recently ate, and it has to be formed from its own flesh and blood.

2) Destroying them would put them right back where they were, but this is Jormguar's first time not being sealed during the early days of creation. It would, for the most part, try to indulge its urges in ways that helped develop their species, directly or indirectly. Bring calamity whenever they begin to stagnate, or create crises with the explicit purpose of galvanizing mortal heroes (either self-made or god-gifted) into resolving them, etc. Jormguar is the antagonist of so many stories, it doesn't really have many other ideas about how to behave.

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

JamezBfod posted:

1)What does Voth say to allegations that he is a spineless craven coward who hid during the war?

"It is a FALSE ACCUSATION, for neither FEAR nor CRAVEN COWARDICE guide my action or my will. Only by my CONVICTION, my OATHS, and my iron-bound DUTY was I able to follow the direction of my elders to stay my hand despite what I might have wished, to follow their wise counsel that the needs of ORDER trump my own. They gave their lives. I give my continued service."

"And should ANY deny my word, cast a doubting eye upon my TRUTH, I shall lay bare my ESSENCE for them to trawl, for as many aeons as they need to find even a single SPECK of black sin or tarry lies. And if they find none, yet still persist in their claim, they shall be struck by my SCORN."

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

Quick Sheet posted:

Domain of Knowledge (+6)
Patron of Academia (+4)
Domain of Deception (+2)
Domain of Instinct (+2)

Artifact: Inspiration - Hindsight and Forethought (+4)
Servitors: The Final Host (+2)

Flaw: Meddlesome
Scar: Infertility

Name

Сурах

Picture

Domain

Knowledge (+6)

Information itself. Understanding. Knowledge and its applications in the multiverse.

Artifact

Hindsight and Forethought: Inspiration (+4)
(Sling and stone - blindfold and comet)

A perfect spherical eye-stone - Hindsight is weighty with the knowledge of experience. It carefully catalogs everything it sees even when Cypax is distracted, understanding the weaknesses and secrets of each event or being it views.

Hindsight was powerless on its own. But with its sibling Forethought, Hindsight could be hurled to go where needed. The striking delivery of a missing answer, the burst of realization one gets when impacted by a new thought, the direct application of advantage against an identified weak point.

(Applications: Eureka moments, re-birthing lost or forgotten lore, inspiring invention)

Fallen Domain

Deception (+2)

Before the Thief of Stars came, Cypax collected all knowledge in a single grand realm. A library with books on everything known in the multiverse. To the rest of the Gods, each book appeared entirely blank - the knowledge within completely contained and monopolized by Cypax alone.

That would not last. Somehow, the Thief of Stars found their way into Cypax's trove. At first, the Thief was content to explain the knowledge they stole to any that asked. Later, they would grow more bold - setting words to symbols, so that Cypax would never control all knowledge again. Finally, the Thief began to forge their own knowledge - knowledge that had not existed before, knowledge that could not exist. Knowledge that was not truth.

During the Titanwar, Cypax finally tracked down the thief alongside Marvak - Goddess of Law. Their struggle was mighty, but the united pair of Law and Knowledge was victorious. Cypax agreed that Marvak should hold the fallen Domain, but when Marvak sacrificed herself to weaken the Titan she feared putting a further burden on her third pillar. Deception was instead bequeathed to Cypax.

Scout and spy. Every battle lost was witnessed by Cypax - those secrets and knowledge then given as inspiration elsewhere - each step backward cataloged and used to launch two steps forward in the conflict. Each time Cypax itself was wounded by the Titan, something in the multiverse would never be known again.

Grieve. The Library of Knowledge was destroyed. So many realms had fallen, gone into nothingness with the Titan's death. So many allies had perished too, in that struggle.

(Long Goal) Grieve and rebuild - but this time the Library would not be as pure as it once was. Cypax learned too much in the final battles to make the same mistake. This time, Deception and Knowledge would be placed in the same Grand Library. Fact and Fiction nestled side by side, Cypax's inspiration the greatest tool to tell the difference.

(Short Goal) Fight for control over the Domain of Instinct. Whether that is done as a personal adoption of the Domain, or whether it was finding who the Domain belonged to and pressing them into service - it needed to be done. The relationship between Instinct and Knowledge must be defined.

Barbed Tongues fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Aug 24, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

I can show you what endless looks like
I can show you a single infinite thing
I can let you taste the sweet and sour of forever
Unending. Eternal. Inevitable
Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Fall into me. Into my eyes
Look at them. Depths unfathomable
Pain immeasurable
A cruel promise fulfilled
Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJLf686Zcw

Name: The Overseer, Architect of the Great Game

For thousands of eons, the gods were locked in an eternal cycle of destruction and remaking: Some could see it as a cycle. But that would mean it was balanced. The Overseer saw it as a game that had no true beginning and no true end. The coming of the titan changed all of that. Fair and aloof he once was, his fellow gods knew him as friend no matter their alignment or disposition. The Overseer had maintained the game and its many pieces, would advise and help when it seemed things were unclear. Among those friends was Amalthea, he liked her. Strange feelings came over him when they spoke, yet he never took part of them. He wished later that he had.

What was your role in the war?: The Overseer only was supposed to watch. Making adjustments as needed to the great game. All of the gods took part. But standing by was no longer an option. He had moved all the pieces to oppose the agents of the titan, its offspring that followed in its wake came, and those that came before it heralding its arrival. He tried to push pieces in it and its agents' path but the Titan didn't follow any of the rules. With the death of the Protection Goddess Amalthea and her plea to the Overseer, he took part in the final battle.
The Titan could not win. So it cleared the board.

The Overseer hated cheaters.

What do you intend to do now that the War is over?:

Begin the great game anew. Find a new role and take a greater part this time. Should an outsider make itself known, he would do things differently. The Overseer was already changing, he could feel it. The new board was coming together, soon new players and pieces would populate the universe.

Domain:

Machination [+6] - The past is the immutable past, the future is yet not made. Seeing the threads of fate and altering current events and important pieces on the game board. He cannot put the pieces back nor influence the moves after the fact once made by himself or others. But only make the moves needed in the here and now. You only get your turn and then it is the turn of another.
  • The small but potent sea storm which waylays ships on the way to invade a kingdom, the reinforcements alerted by a swift runner who dies after delivering the message. The battle now even who know what may happen or the outcome will be?
  • The orbiting rock which descends in the skies over a primitive people, a portent of doom inspiring a population migration which in turn will found one of the greatest nations of an ancient world.
  • A dream visited on a young lad of wondrous invention a lands unknown. He grows to be an conquering explorer, wiping out a vast civilization with disease and conquest. His colonization expands his empire and he retires, founding a dynasty.
Divine Artifact:

Deus ex machina [+4] - The box of variables. It will move or create objects, bringing people together.
For good or ill. Only The Overseer knows his own motivations and long range plans. It may not be apparent now or ten moves from now to others but his hand will be subtle and not direct.
  • The sword which falls into the hand of the gladiator meeting certain defeat, it does not give victory but the chance to attain it.
  • A trail twists differently than every other time for a huntswoman who then happens upon an evil witch before she eats some children.
  • A sandal removed from a traveler's foot, giving a sign to a travelling king that the man before him will eventually kill him as prophesied. Setting into motion a great journey.

Domain of the Fallen :

Protection [+2] - The goddess Amalthea begged him to take it. "Protect the others. Protect yourself. Do something! My dearest friend, you cannot let it all end. Promise me." She asked as she faded. "The next time, don't allow this to happen. You knew and saw the signs before all others had." The Overseer felt something for the first time in his existence. Regret. His grey neutrality had been as much a cause as his manipulations.
"I will try." He told her. He felt her death as the remnants of her mantle settled upon his shoulders. "I..think I loved you."
His eyes turned to the final battle and the Overseer fought. He calculated that their chances of winning were slight. He wouldn't watch this time he vowed, he would fight.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

quote:

1) I assume your banner is +4 Hope in effect?

Hope and Faith (+4), as we discussed last night on Discord. I updated my sheet to clarify, and rewrote part of it. Mechanically she's still the same, but certain things should be clearer.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Changed Fallen Domain, Artifact and did some edits.

quote:

2) How would Medrok react to a call for the Pantheon to meet?

"Do they know about me taking away Raneth's essence? Has the Destroyer returned? Am I no longer needed by them? If I don't go they will kill me, if I go they might kill me... Perhaps I shall make sure there's an escape route before meeting with them..."

TheCog
Jul 30, 2012

I AM ZEPA AND I CLAIM THESE LANDS BY RIGHT OF CONQUEST

JamezBfod posted:

I think I like it, though Change could be a too-wide penumbra. Would she make black holes instead of Stars?
1) I am unclear on what your item does. What was Uempa's tentative first use of the shard?

The idea behind Change being that she could only work with stuff on hand, rather than make anything, and that it in itself would be a major limitation. I'd be open to changing it to something like "Spirit" to represent the subtle manipulations on nature she did to create thing, but I'm also open to suggestions. I'll be on IRC if you wanna poke me.

1.) Uempas first act with the shard was to stabilize the universe. It had been shaken, to its very foundation, by the death of so many gods, by so much destruction. The very fabric of existence was starting to fray and seize. Calling upon the image of how the universe had been, Uempa was able to restore that natural stability, restore the internal harmony, fix the instability. (Basically the domain of the artifact is Order, or if you prefer Stability, its about making things stay as they are. A direct opposite to change and chaos)

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Name: Victoria Ascensa -Unemployed God-Empress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

at the office/ business casual

Formerly a minor goddess of order, primarily centered around merchant timetables and secondary school academies, Victoria rose through the divine ranks in a rather mortal manner: by watching each and every superior officer ahead of her die horrifically to the Titan. As Lady General of the "Conventional" Forces (as loosely as that term may be applied to a coalition of reality shaping entities and their armies of custom thrall minions), Victoria led the final direct assaults on the Enemy shortly before its death. Following its demise, she's very much concerned she will not be able to adjust to "peace" as there may be less call for plains stripped entirely of their resources and then paved red and white* with the bodies of continent wide armies.

*Or green, or blue, or any color really. She bears no enmity to any race willing to spill its respective life fluids for her bidding.

Domain:

[Order+6] - Victoria commanded vast legions as they hammered down the cosmological equivalent of the Titan's front door and put the proverbial boot on its metaphorical neck. Now, in victory, she's finding out rapidly there's not much left to lead. There is a huge mess of a universe that needs to be put back together again, though.

Artifact:

Celestial War Machine, [Engineering +4] - The creation of Pak, a pacifist inventor god, Victoria seized this device, a factory-city originally designed to help his plane manufacture goods to ease the lives of mortals, and turned it into the finest weapons manufactory the planes had seen. Entire armies were kitted out from designs created within its walls, and its weapons were essential to slaying the Titan in its own lair. Victoria prefers practical, mass produced designs instead of singular artifacts of universe bending power. Better to make a million soldiers twice as effective than making one a thousand times better.

Now that the war its over, perhaps its creator's original vision will be realized, swords into plowshares and all that.

Domain of the Fallen:

[Carnage+2] - Victoria had never been particularly blood thirsty, and approached combat with a disinterested, singular vision. That changed when she slew the Viscera, a collection of gigantic living organs pulled from the bowels of the Titan itself and sent to consume its enemies. After a long and gore drenched combat, Victoria emerged covered in blood and seething in discharged adrenaline and bile, her vision clouded and the faint red haze has never quite lifted from her eyes. The rest of the war took on an even grimmer tone, as she led from the front and brooked no hesitation at casualties on either side. Maybe that will change. Blood makes the green grass grow and all.

What do you intend to do now that the War is over? - Victoria is unsure of even where to begin. She can't possibly go back to her plane of origin, it doesn't exist anymore. After the thing's she seen, and done, she couldn't function there even if she could. Maybe she can try building things that aren't war machines, leading things that aren't armies, and maybe cut down on the killing to those that really deserve it.

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jul 21, 2017

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself

Barbed Tongues posted:

Name

Cypax

Picture

Domain

Knowledge (+6)

Information itself. Understanding. Knowledge and its applications in the multiverse.

Artifact

Hindsight and Forethought: Inspiration (+4)
(Sling and stone - blindfold and comet)

A perfect spherical eye-stone - Hindsight is weighty with the knowledge of experience. It carefully catalogs everything it sees even when Cypax is distracted, understanding the weaknesses and secrets of each event or being it views.

Hindsight was powerless on its own. But with its sibling Forethought, Hindsight could be hurled to go where needed. The striking delivery of a missing answer, the burst of realization one gets when impacted by a new thought, the direct application of advantage against an identified weak point.

(Applications: Eureka moments, re-birthing lost or forgotten lore, inspiring invention)

Fallen Domain

Deception (+2)

Before the Thief of Stars came, Cypax collected all knowledge in a single grand realm. A library with books on everything known in the multiverse. To the rest of the Gods, each book appeared entirely blank - the knowledge within completely contained and monopolized by Cypax alone.

That would not last. Somehow, the Thief of Stars found their way into Cypax's trove. At first, the Thief was content to explain the knowledge they stole to any that asked. Later, they would grow more bold - setting words to symbols, so that Cypax would never control all knowledge again. Finally, the Thief began to forge their own knowledge - knowledge that had not existed before, knowledge that could not exist. Knowledge that was not truth.

During the Titanwar, Cypax finally tracked down the thief alongside Marvak - Goddess of Law. Their struggle was mighty, but the united pair of Law and Knowledge was victorious. Cypax agreed that Marvak should hold the fallen Domain, but when Marvak sacrificed herself to weaken the Titan she feared putting a further burden on her third pillar. Deception was instead bequeathed to Cypax.

Scout and spy. Every battle lost was witnessed by Cypax - those secrets and knowledge then given as inspiration elsewhere - each step backward cataloged and used to launch two steps forward in the conflict. Each time Cypax itself was wounded by the Titan, something in the multiverse would never be known again.

Grieve. The Library of Knowledge was destroyed. So many realms had fallen, gone into nothingness with the Titan's death. So many allies had perished too, in that struggle.

(Long Goal) Grieve and rebuild - but this time the Library would not be as pure as it once was. Cypax learned too much in the final battles to make the same mistake. This time, Deception and Knowledge would be placed in the same Grand Library. Fact and Fiction nestled side by side, Cypax's inspiration the greatest tool to tell the difference.

(Short Goal) Fight for control over the Domain of Instinct. Whether that is done as a personal adoption of the Domain, or whether it was finding who the Domain belonged to and pressing them into service - it needed to be done. The relationship between Instinct and Knowledge must be defined.

Everything is clear enough. How would Deception interplay with Knowledge here? Perhaps an example?

I am Communist posted:

Music:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FXJLf686Zcw

Name: The Overseer, Architect of the Great Game

For thousands of eons, the gods were locked in an eternal cycle of destruction and remaking: Some could see it as a cycle. But that would mean it was balanced. The Overseer saw it as a game that had no true beginning and no true end. The coming of the titan changed all of that. Fair and aloof he once was, his fellow gods knew him as friend no matter their alignment or disposition. The Overseer had maintained the game and its many pieces, would advise and help when it seemed things were unclear. Among those friends was Amalthea, he liked her. Strange feelings came over him when they spoke, yet he never took part of them. He wished later that he had.

What was your role in the war?: The Overseer only was supposed to watch. Making adjustments as needed to the great game. All of the gods took part. But standing by was no longer an option. He had moved all the pieces to oppose the agents of the titan, its offspring that followed in its wake came, and those that came before it heralding its arrival. He tried to push pieces in it and its agents' path but the Titan didn't follow any of the rules. With the death of the Protection Goddess Amalthea and her plea to the Overseer, he took part in the final battle.
The Titan could not win. So it cleared the board.

The Overseer hated cheaters.

What do you intend to do now that the War is over?:

Begin the great game anew. Find a new role and take a greater part this time. Should an outsider make itself known, he would do things differently. The Overseer was already changing, he could feel it. The new board was coming together, soon new players and pieces would populate the universe.

Domain:

Machination [+6] - The past is the immutable past, the future is yet not made. Seeing the threads of fate and altering current events and important pieces on the game board. He cannot put the pieces back nor influence the moves after the fact once made by himself or others. But only make the moves needed in the here and now. You only get your turn and then it is the turn of another.
  • The small but potent sea storm which waylays ships on the way to invade a kingdom, the reinforcements alerted by a swift runner who dies after delivering the message. The battle now even who know what may happen or the outcome will be?
  • The orbiting rock which descends in the skies over a primitive people, a portent of doom inspiring a population migration which in turn will found one of the greatest nations of an ancient world.
  • A dream visited on a young lad of wondrous invention a lands unknown. He grows to be an conquering explorer, wiping out a vast civilization with disease and conquest. His colonization expands his empire and he retires, founding a dynasty.
Divine Artifact:

Deus ex machina [+4] - The box of variables. It will move or create objects, bringing people together.
For good or ill. Only The Overseer knows his own motivations and long range plans. It may not be apparent now or ten moves from now to others but his hand will be subtle and not direct.
  • The sword which falls into the hand of the gladiator meeting certain defeat, it does not give victory but the chance to attain it.
  • A trail twists differently than every other time for a huntswoman who then happens upon an evil witch before she eats some children.
  • A sandal removed from a traveler's foot, giving a sign to a travelling king that the man before him will eventually kill him as prophesied. Setting into motion a great journey.

Domain of the Fallen :

Protection [+2] - The goddess Amalthea begged him to take it. "Protect the others. Protect yourself. Do something! My dearest friend, you cannot let it all end. Promise me." She asked as she faded. "The next time, don't allow this to happen. You knew and saw the signs before all others had." The Overseer felt something for the first time in his existence. Regret. His grey neutrality had been as much a cause as his manipulations.
"I will try." He told her. He felt her death as the remnants of her mantle settled upon his shoulders. "I..think I loved you."
His eyes turned to the final battle and the Overseer fought. He calculated that their chances of winning were slight. He wouldn't watch this time he vowed, he would fight.

We spoke in Discord. I can find no flaw. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4A-Ml8YHyM

Ronwayne posted:

Name: Victoria Ascensa -Unemployed God-Empress
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

at the office/ business casual

Formerly a minor goddess of order, primarily centered around merchant timetables and secondary school academies, Victoria rose through the divine ranks in a rather mortal manner: by watching each and every superior officer ahead of her die horrifically to the Titan. As Lady General of the "Conventional" Forces (as loosely as that term may be applied to a coalition of reality shaping entities and their armies of custom thrall minions), Victoria led the final direct assaults on the Enemy shortly before its death. Following its demise, she's very much concerned she will not be able to adjust to "peace" as there may be less call for plains stripped entirely of their resources and then paved red and white* with the bodies of continent wide armies.

*Or green, or blue, or any color really. She bears no enmity to any race willing to spill its respective life fluids for her bidding.

Domain:

[Leadership +6] - Victoria commanded vast legions as they hammered down the cosmological equivalent of the Titan's front door and put the proverbial boot on its metaphorical neck. Now, in victory, she's finding out rapidly there's not much left to lead.

Artifact:

Celestial War Machine, [Engineering +4] - The creation of Pak, a pacifist inventor god, Victoria seized this device, a factory-city originally designed to help his plane manufacture goods to ease the lives of mortals, and turned it into the finest weapons manufactory the planes had seen. Entire armies were kitted out from designs created within its walls, and its weapons were essential to slaying the Titan in its own lair. Victoria prefers practical, mass produced designs instead of singular artifacts of universe bending power. Better to make a million soldiers twice as effective than making one a thousand times better.

Now that the war its over, perhaps its creator's original vision will be realized, swords into plowshares and all that.

Domain of the Fallen:

[Carnage+2] - Victoria had never been particularly blood thirsty, and approached combat with a disinterested, singular vision. That changed when she slew the Viscera, a collection of gigantic living organs pulled from the bowels of the Titan itself and sent to consume its enemies. After a long and gore drenched combat, Victoria emerged covered in blood and seething in discharged adrenaline and bile, her vision clouded and the faint red haze has never quite lifted from her eyes. The rest of the war took on an even grimmer tone, as she led from the front and brooked no hesitation at casualties on either side. Maybe that will change. Blood makes the green grass grow and all.

What do you intend to do now that the War is over? - Victoria is unsure of even where to begin. She can't possibly go back to her plane of origin, it doesn't exist anymore. After the thing's she seen, and done, she couldn't function there even if she could. Maybe she can try building things that aren't war machines, leading things that aren't armies, and maybe cut down on the killing to those that really deserve it.

Leadership is a tricky one to have in a vacuum. Or a cloud of cosmic dust. How might you use it in the absence of anything to lead?

To the edits: A bit clearer, thank you.

Sweet Dark-Dream Horse

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I was planning on using Engineering+4 to make some kind of mechanical servitor race or hijacking the ones living in the War Machine.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Name
Seiraes, Father of Metal

Among the elements, Metal is perhaps the most adaptable to adversities: it can be shaped, tempered, forged and changed as most befits the use it is meant for. Similarly, Seiraes is a pragmatic and resourceful God, who was patron to smiths and alchemists alike, rejoicing in the various uses found for his children. He had two sisters: Aella, Lady of Water and Rhaenon, Mother of Wood, and two brothers, Golthan, Lord of Earth and Valas, Patron of Fire. Less able to adapt, or perhaps less willing, they perished in the war with the Titan, leaving Seiraes alone to shoulder the burden of equilibrium they once shared.

After the Titan ravaged their plane, Seiraes forged weapons for himself and his siblings, and they went to fight in the frontlines, where only he survived.

Domain
Metals (+6)

Metals, their ores, and their properties, both physical and metaphysical. Seiraes dictates the laws which his children obey.

Artifact
The Crucible (Change (+4))

Once the prized creation of Seiraes and his siblings and the symbol of their bond, this artifact can alter the fundamental nature of anything it is used upon. It can make stone flow as freely as water, or change a craven into a valorous soldier.

Mantle of Leadership (+4)

As the Leader of the Elementals, the vestment falls to you.

Fallen Domain
Elements (+2)

At the end of his final battle, Seiraes gathered the essences of his fallen siblings and bound them to one of his children, and in doing so, he bound them to himself. Gold honored radiant Valas's ardor and Quicksilver preserved nimble Aella's freedom; noble Rhaenon's vitality was sheltered by Copper and stout Golthan's strength entombed in Lead. Thus Seiraes tries to fulfill the duties that once bound the five of them.

Angelic Helpers
The Hornbearers (+2)

Beings with a bipedal body and the head of horned animals. Their horns are made of pure metal, and some of them exibit an affinity to other elements, as befits the metal they are formed of.

Other Domains:
Elemental Plane of Metal (+2)

A plane of pure metals created and controlled by Seiraes.

Smithing Patron (+2)
Alchemy Patron (+2)

Seiraes's gifts to mortals, the arts of using metal, both magical and mundane.

Restore equilibrium, so that things can keep on working as efficiently as possible. Seiraes has always been one of five, and he needs someone to take upon the domains of his fallen siblings, for they are burdens that need to be shared.

LupusAter fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 25, 2017

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable

JamezBfod posted:

We spoke in Discord. I can find no flaw. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4A-Ml8YHyM

https://youtu.be/MV_3Dpw-BRY

True.dat

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

JamezBfod posted:

Everything is clear enough. How would Deception interplay with Knowledge here? Perhaps an example?

I see Knowledge as an inherently factual Domain, and as such is less able to manipulate or influence others directly. It can enlighten, and that might change behavior, but it doesn't convince or persuade people.

Deception as a Domain I think will come into play in instances when non-facts are needed (aka Lies), or when applying Knowledge selectively (Incomplete Truth) to get folks to do things that aren't necessarily aligned with their actual interests.

As an example, say that a King is eyeing a neighboring province for war. I might not want that to happen. I could try and and use Knowledge to give the King's people true understanding of the horrors of war. But maybe's he a callous sociopath, so wouldn't care. So I could utilize Deception instead to create a bogus prophecy that predicts the Kingdom will lose the war, and hope that gets through instead.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Name: Fabdeg, Symphony of the Heavens,

In the beginning when Creation was new, the Gods played with the universe. Creating and destroying, making and breaking the heavens and the earth. Galatus was Lord of the Heavens and one of the first gods. He moved the planets and shook the stars, sending out light to bathe the cosmos. And as the all bodies of the cosmos moved, Galatus gave them purpose and pattern. From the pattern rose a single note from a single star of divine clarity. Six others joined it and all cast out their own unique note, forming music in the stars. Drawn to it, Galatus watched as the notes grew and the stars grew closer, until they collided and imploded. In the ashes of the stars lay a new born god, who called out "Father". Thus was Fabdeg born.

Fabdeg crafted the seven notes that were his catalyst into seven different lights and each chimed in time to his melody. From the melody he crafted a new force called magic and gifted it to the mortals. It derived from the heavens themselves, from the moving of the stars and the planets Fabdeg's father set in motion.

Domain

Magic +6
It has many sources, but one genesis. From pattern and repetition, movement and form. These weave together the forces of the universe into a unique power. When one taps into Magic, they channel a smallest part of creation to work wonders. With the loss of the seventh note it is diminished but still strong. Fabdeg gifted it the mortals long ago. When new creations arise, new forms and patterns, magic will arise with it as well.

Artifact

The Chimes of Heaven +4
Once there were seven, now only six remain. With these Fabdeg weaves his music, his magic. The melodies inspire and create as Fabdeg plays in the heavens.

Fallen Domain

Celestial Bodies +2
When Galatus fell, the cosmos ground to a halt. Nothing moved anymore, nothing changed. Fabdeg wrapped his Fathers corpse in magic, transforming it shooting stars. They fly now forever, stopping for nothing except for one that flew to Fabdeg. A last gift. He does not have the strength of his father but its enough to conduct the cosmic symphony.

What was your role in the war? At first Fabdeg fought like many others. But his strength diminished as the fighting continued and cast a dissonance in the melody of the heavens. When the planets and stars were destroyed he was reduced even further, only the stars of his own melody remaining. He learned to rely on them, in himself instead of his Fathers creations. The sound of magic confounded and confused the Titan, letting others strike blows. It struck back and shattered both his spell and his notes. Fabdeg was flung from the fight and nearly destroyed. He watched the others fight on, while he tried to fix his notes.

Two things press on Fabdeg's mind. To move the heavens once more and restore his lost note. He believes that if he can create enough new planets and stars to move across the cosmos, the lost note may sing to him again and be found.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Domain edit per Discord conversation.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Name: Natosh, the world shaper

Domain

Earth +6

This was the story that the people of the three cities told about how Natosh came to be

First there came into being En-gidi, the sky. He created himself with a thought, but he was alone. He wandered across the heavens until he found Nuraku, the waters, the mother of demons, who sought to devour the heavens. Every day, she would give birth to a thousand demons, and every night, he would kill them. For fifty days and fifty nights, En-gidi and Nuraku contested. "She births demons because she has never known man", En-gidi said. So he made a great rain that fell on the sea, and that day, Natosh, the Earth, came up from the sea.

Artifact

The Clay of Creation

Creation +4

This is the story the people of the three cities told about how man was made.

Then Natosh mingled himself with Nuraku, and from that mixture, he created the clay, and with that, he made all the plants and the beasts, but there were no men or women. "Look!", said Natosh. "I and Nuraku have made all the good things come out of the earth, beasts and plants, but they have no lord to command them." So, out from the clay, Natosh made a man, to command the beasts and the plants, but there was no life in him and he had no sense.

Then En-Gidi, who created himself, breathed life and sense into the man, and this, man became lord over all that Natosh had made.

Fallen Doman Murder +2

The stone giant sat by the jeweled serpent, cradling it in his lap until it opened its eyes. The enormous ruby eyes that normally shined so bright were dull and chipped now, and the serpent's voice, quiet at the best of times, was a whisper. "Natosh. Natosh. Did we win?"

The stone hands, normally so rough, were gentle as they stroked the serpent's topaz encrusted skin. "Yes, Setlesh, it's over. It's defeated. We won."

"Good. Good. I'm sorry I wasn't there in the end. Sorry I let you all down..."

"Setlesh, no! You saved us!", the giant said, shaking his head, "If it weren't for you, we would never have known its weakness. We would have had to strike at it, like Arshah did, and be obliterated."

A serpent, even a divine serpent, cannot smile, but there was wryness and self satisfaction in the serpent's tone as he said, "'No secrets from a snake', the mortals said."

"We're safe now, what's left of us. You can rest and recover. I'll protect you. We all will." The giant pulled a bit of a stellar nebula, all that remained of a star around which a planet where 2 billion had once lived, and fed it to the snake.

The snake hissed and closed its eyes. "You never lied to me before, Natosh. This is a bad time to start. I know I'm dying, so listen, I have to tell you something. Rebuild. Work with those who are left to make a world again, and people, and don't forget the reptiles."

"No, I won't forget the reptiles. I promise you that."

"Shh. More to say. Be careful. We were arrogant before. Let the titan in. Didn't stop it soon enough. But have a gift for you. Won't need it anymore." The serpent began to glow, and the light suffused the giant. "I know it's outside your usual range, but it's come in handy before." The snake shuddered. "You know, I don't even know. For gods, is there an afterli...." Then, the light faded out of its eyes and it was still.

Other Domains Elemental Earth +2

There is a plane, parallel to our own, made of naught but earth and stone, which Natosh controls.

He spent most of the war fighting against the perversions that came into being in the Titan's wake, using his clay to make creatures that fought them. He also fought in the final battle against the Titan, after Setlesh's sacrifice uncovered the Titan's weakness to the other gods.

Natosh has sworn an oath. He will rebuild, and he will keep something like this from ever happening again.

Epicurius fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 26, 2017

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Hello, Creature! Do You Despise Goat Hating Fascists? So Do We! Join Us at Paradise Lost!

Name: Sephira, the gate and key and guardian

When first the potential for a universe became the truth of an actual universe which knew itself, Sephira was there. The distinction betwen sephira thinking and the first creature thinking is blurry, and to sephira, not worth concidering. Sephira is the embodyment of actualization and seperation; of the act of self-reflection which sets the soul and mind apart from the infinite possibility from which it is born and of which it partakes. Without Sephira, all things would be undefferentiated possibility; no soul would know itself to be apart from all else, and so no soul could exist. And as such, Sephira also embodies the truth of all things being of and partaking in, infinite power and posibility; and by the paths and truths devised by sephira, all souls and know their own seperation to be of their own making, and such partake in the inifinte divine power of true undifferentiated possibility

Domain

Potentiality and independent existance of the soul +6
It is by sephira's insight, and by the self-reflection which is part of all living things and which sephira embodies, all things kan exist and all minds and soul exists apart from one another and yet connected. It is in Sephira turning infinite possibilty into finite actuality that the first souls were born and the first independent beings arose; and sephira still guards the secret truth that all is one and each soul expreses infinite power; and sephira is the one who makes possible for finite souls, those souls which come to understand their place as actual expression of posibility and infinity, can partake of and in divine power and such become the ground of their own being.

Artifact

Then (torn) veil of wisdom +4
The semi-physical actuality of the metaphorical veil that constitutes each soul's connection to infinity, the veil allows the gods to partake of the wisdom within the eternal and original from which thought and soul first arose. During the war, as the very first act of destruction, the veil was attacked and torn, and all independent beings and soul dissolved into mere possibility; only by Sephira guarding the true veil within his own souls were the gods able to survive.

Fallen Domain

Secrets +2
Ratziel, guardian of secrets, had aways been friend to Sephira, and together they had assured that only the worthy could pass through the veil of wisdom for the chance to partake of divine power; Ratziel himself had been among the first to move from the single actuality of a mortal soul to the finite but unending potentiality of divinity. And so, when Ratziel fell, protecting from the titan the secret location of the veil, which existed within each soul, Sephira partook of his essence and carry on his legacy

Sephira was the very first to be attacked during the war, as the guardian which prevents all finite actuallity from dissolving into inifinite potentiality. As the veil fell and all living souls were unmade and never-happened, sephira maintained the will to see himself, and his fellow gods, apart from potentiality, and such maintained their independent existance for the duration of the war, though he his while planets and stars were being tossed, it is in him that the gods were allowed to remain discrete entities; without him, the titan might have reduced all to infinite, timeless nothingness and everythingness and shaped it to his will.

Sephira had always been an obscure and... unloved god, spoken only of in bizzare treatises on metaphysics and occult book for the truely enlightened. But now, once he has restored the veil and the ability for mortal souls to distiinquish themselves from the rest of the universe, he will.. take a slightly more active role. The world will need new gods, new powerful wills that can wrest the secrets of power from their own souls and understand the ineffable paradox of their own existance; and Sephira will guide mortalkind through the ages to bring forth such wills and sow among them the secrets they will need to unlock their own power, though such efforts may well take millenia. And yet, to a being as old and fundametal as sephira.. such things are but the link of an eye.

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
Picks early! Personal life presses in and I decided sooner rather than later:

Sieras - Lupusalter
Natosh - Epicurius
Jormguar - PMushPerfect
Fabdeg - Quornes
Caseria - The Unlife Aquatic
Virlas - AJ_Impy
Cyrax - Barbed Tongues
Medrock - Plutonis

It was difficult choosing and in the end I resorted to dice. Thank you to everyone who apped.

To keep my picks busy for the next day or so: Come up with 1 innate character flaw and 1 War Scar(metaphysical or psychological, unless you really want a physical one.).

Make sure they are ones you are comfortable using.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

:toot:

Innate Flaw: Hunger
Even with its new capability for thought, Jormguar is still The Devourer, its very being encoded with the concept of a destructive, unending hunger. In moments of weakness, it will fall back into sating those urges, destroying and consuming far more than it intended.

War Scar: Regret
The knowledge that Jormguar was at least partially responsible for just how poorly the war with the Titan went weighs heavily on its mind. Many have still not forgiven it, but more importantly, the Devourer has not forgiven itself. On some level believing that it deserves the infamy and hatred it receives, Jormguar struggles deeply with any situation where its past actions are used against it, or to manipulate it based on its feelings on them.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker
Virilas

Innate Flaw: Hopeless Romantic
Paired with Voluptia the Goddess of love from the dawn of time until the war, the openness and warmth of that fundamental relationship has left him exposed to those minded to exploit it, intentionally or no. He is exceedingly easy to seduce for good or ill.

War Scar: Volatile in the Face of Death.
The death of his beloved equal drove him into nigh-unstoppable rage and fury, a mighty force in the great battle. The inexorable and total deaths of all his children, every spark of life he ever fostered alongside Voluptia, everything descended from them, weighed him down until he was plunged into an irrecoverable despair. When confronted with death, in particular of any future creations or children through violence, the only thing that could be said for certain is the Lord of Life will act unpredictably.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Innate Flaw: Despicable.
Before the war Medrok was Fear itself, spreading terror towards all of creation and even of members of the Pantheon. Yet his reluctance to fight, combined with his craven behavior after it have made him a subject of ridicule with his peers...

War Scar: Paranoid.
With the looming specter of the Titan waiting at the end of time, as well as other more urgent threats, the Fear God is now unable to trust others and stop seeing dangers to his immortal essence at every corner of existence.

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
For those that don't have it:
Godgaming Discord server: https://discord.gg/qRPXgfF

Godgaming IRC: irc.synirc.net channel is #ohgod

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
Flaw: Inferiority Complex

Before the War Caseria was a D-list goddess. Most major deities had no idea who she was, or if they recognized her it was more likely as "Stixaia's Lover" than on her own merits. She still works from this pre-war mindset, and never seems to realize she's equal in power to every remaining god.

War Scar: Loneliness

Caseria lost everything and everyone she cared about, including her lover. It's left her with a profound, sucking hole in her heart. She is overeager to trust and make friends, and fears being left alone.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Fabdeg

Innate Flaw: Interstellar Fiddler
The heavens are never quite as Fabdeg wants them to be. To make the celestial music, he is moving and changing the path of the planets and the stars. Sometimes the song must change and a celestial body be removed.

War Scar: C
The lost note, the lost part of Fabdeg's name. The C note. Broken in battle, snapped and gone. Where did you go, oh sound of mine? My Song is incomplete without you...

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Natosh

Innate Flaw: Deliberative

Natosh can act with great determination when he sets his mind on something, but it can take him time to come to that point. He's cautious, preferring not to act before determining all of the angles, and therefore sometimes slower to act than he should.

War Scar: Protective of his Creation

The Titan's wrath has shown Natosh how vulnerable the things he created were. He was unable to stop them from being smashed en masse. He will not allow this to happen again.

Barbed Tongues
Mar 16, 2012

JamezBfod posted:

Cypax - Barbed Tongues

To keep my picks busy for the next day or so: Come up with 1 innate character flaw and 1 War Scar(metaphysical or psychological, unless you really want a physical one.).

Flaw: Meddlesome - Cypax spent much of the previous Universe as an observer. An answer to those who sought them out. Actually becoming an active Agent in the affairs of reality mainly occurred during the Titanwar. Now, however, Cypax has a taste for it and will be taking a much more personal role in Relaity 2.0.

Scar: Infertility - Cypax's physical form was destroyed during the Titanwar, while most has been rebuilt - some remains dysfunctional. Cypax cannot currently create anything whole cloth. This includes the creation of Divine offspring, but even worse - includes the creation of entirely new elements in the Universe. Cypax can rearrange and combine existing forms to try and add new function to them, but creating from scratch is something they will need to rely on others parts of the Pantheon for.

LupusAter
Sep 5, 2011

Seiraes

Flaw:
Cold
Seiraes's affections are reserved to his children and siblings. To his worshippers, he is an exacting patron; to others, cold and uncaring.

Scar: One of Five
Seiraes was used to take decisions as a collective, and having his siblings expand his perspective. Being alone makes him feel both limited and unfettered, unfit to take decisions.

LupusAter fucked around with this message at 08:28 on Jul 24, 2017

JamezBfod
Jun 13, 2003

there may be people who
find a blender sexy - I
humanoid model, myself
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3827929

Game thread is go.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

In light of getting reforged:

Jormgir the Serpent, Mother of the Seas, Oldest Of The Gods

(Source)

quote:

Domains
The Seas +6: The soul of Nevatila has become one with that of Jormguar. The new deity, reforged, has now taken the domain as her own, recreated her very being around the responsibilities of that title. The oceans, the waves, the waters, the storms, they are hers now, as much as she is theirs.

The Storm-heart - [Storms +4]
The Seed of the Serpent, impaled by a horn of silver, reshaped under pain of death.

Destruction +2: Though it does not dominate her place in the universe as it once did, Jormgir still understands the need for there to be someone to break things, either to render them into new shapes, or to protect a much greater whole.

Servants

(Source)
Nagaja +2: Sea monsters, serpents of great and terrible power, that carry the burden of being the Destroyer's will.

Patrons of the Seas +2: Pray to the serpent to not eat your boat like a tasty snack.

Personality Flaw: Jaded
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote, 'The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.' I agree with the second part."
Formerly the Destroyer, Jormgir understands better than anyone the precariousness of their current situation. While others may believe that things will 'just work out', or thoughtlessly follow the same paths they took before the war, the Mother sees the ruin that lies down that road, and is not shy in saying so. If someone must do ugly things for the greater good, then very well. Better her than someone who will flinch away at a critical moment.

War Scar: Regret
The knowledge that Jormgir was at least partially responsible for just how poorly the war with the Titan went weighs heavily on her mind. Many have still not forgiven her, but more importantly, the once-Devourer has not forgiven herself. On some level believing that she deserves the infamy and hatred she receives, Jormguar struggles deeply with any situation where her past actions are used against her, or to manipulate her based on her own feelings on them.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Aug 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I am Communist
Apr 19, 2002

Taste my darkness
Climb into my abyss
Pain immeasurable
Thank you Jamez for the guest star role. Too bad it was so shortly lived. Looking forward to your next one!

• Locked thread