Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

lovely Wizard posted:

Trading one group of malcontents for propaganda from literal terrorist/anarchist organization ANTIFA isn't exactly a step up. More of a lateral move if not a downgrade.
                      /

"Anti-fascist vigilantes are really just as bad as ultra right-wing white ethnostate fascists if you think about it" - an idiot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Hold up aint this a video game thread

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I think the soldiers of the Storm Defense Initiative ahould be working togueter to save the world. If you are a Jessie or a Ramirez, check your arm for a tatto. Dont be a John Wick killing 99 people because somebody killed your dog.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Closing the thread for now. Going through some reports.
Eesh. These last few pages.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
OK. Probes assigned and reports cleared.

This thread is staying closed and I will post a link in here to the new one once it is created.

I will just mention that politics is highly charged across all facets of society right now, in all countries, and it appears to affect everyone much more personally than ever before.

Times change. Ideas change. 9/11 was nearly 17 years ago.

Humour is often used as a way of diffusing sadness and back then a video with the Benny Hill music accompanying such a tragedy can be viewed in exactly this way. It would be offensive to those who lost loved ones absolutely, but the absurdist nature of that video is where the humour lay. It was not mocking them for having lost those loved ones. It was a way to comprehend the scope of something absolutely tragic.

Humour is difficult to get right for many but I do not want people to give up trying. Just know that political humour is tough to work into Games threads.

Thank you all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
New thread is here:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3853386

Please enjoy Fortnite and posting about it!

• Locked thread