Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
vegeta is banned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

grill youre saelf posted:

I've been ntroducing DBZ Kai over the past several months to my 10 year old ands he's been really enjoying it. We just got to the majin Vegeta fight.

I thought I'd share some of his opinions this far. His favorite character is : "that one namekian that became the guardian of earth." Because he thinks it's really cool that a little kid has so much power over earth! His favorite villain is freeza because he "was the first that came to mind" and his favorite fight was between Goku and Vegeta during the Saiyan saga because it "was funny how Vegeta was a huge monkey with clothes and then his tail got cut off by the fat guy. I like it most when it's funny.". Feels like I should have started with dragonball instead.

Your son truly understands what Dragon Ball is all about, far more than a big part of the fan base does.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

grill youre saelf posted:

Feels like I should have started with dragonball instead.

The good opinion.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I got a friend who has no interest in anime or DBZ but does have nephews and cousins who all grew up on it and want to subject her to it often so I told her to bust out a "Dragon Ball was better than Z" and see if she gets any pushback. Maybe it would calm some of em down.

She ran up to me excited one day, laughing because it worked and at least one of her relatives nodded and fist bumped her and let it go.

I was there too, laughing, just off screen.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Your son truly understands what Dragon Ball is all about, far more than a big part of the fan base does.

NO IT'S ONLY GOOD WHEN IT'S INTENSE AND HAS THE FAULCONER MUSIC BRO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCWqAyh9IHw

I'm only partially joking.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
My kid completely lost interest when Krillin got blown up, like just stopped completely cold after eight hundred episodes of fighting Frieza without bothering to see how it ended

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

My kid completely lost interest when Krillin got blown up, like just stopped completely cold after eight hundred episodes of fighting Frieza without bothering to see how it ended

Lol, absolutely incredible place to duck out of the anime

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Was it kai or the original series?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

honorable

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

Did you try spoiling that Krillin comes back?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Monaghan posted:

Shockingly, he started him with Abridged.

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Kurui Reiten posted:

After the entrance was destroyed by Piccolo, Dende repaired it and improved the chamber. Presumably, like the Dragon Balls, the Chamber was originally meant to be a sort of legendary reward. When it turned out Goku and co. were just going to abuse it anyway, it made more sense to make it more practical.

Vegeta still blows it up like an rear end in a top hat every once in a while, though.

I can buy this. Vegeta would get pissy and blow it up every now and again then be mad at Goku they have to yell real loud to get out. Bulma is mad after this when his voice is all scratchy and Bra doesn't like it.

GateOfD posted:

Only thing left is for Frieza to taste earth food.
I like he isn't hellbent on killing them, probably figures even if he does succeed, it be more of a pain after they somehow come back to life. He's also probably tsundere in that he's actually kind of grateful for them to get him to get this strong, he would actually enjoy their company if they hung out for a bit

Yeah all of this tracks, they got along enough in the ToP. I bet if he'd just be over the whole galactic army thing he'd enjoy the hell out of training with Beerus, eating great food (he's always hiring chefs), and getting to punch those filthy sayians as much as he can. Sadly Frieza has a business to run and with his dad dead no one to pawn it off on. Capitalism strikes again!

Blaze Dragon posted:

100% this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Monaghan posted:

Kai, he was quite young and I didn't think he'd have the attention span for original.

Captain France posted:

Did you try spoiling that Krillin comes back?

Sort of, I tried reminding him that he'd already seen a bunch of these characters die and get revived but he wasn't having it.

What eventually got him back into it, years later, was silly tiktok hypothetical power level videos - for some reason, he latched onto "Xeno's bodyguards" as being important characters and kept asking how they stacked up against all the other characters, and at some point I got sick of trying to explain to him that they were completely irrelevant and had him watch a bunch of Super, and he got back in from there (and did not question Krillin being there in any way).

Dude fuckin loves Broly, but who doesn't

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Apr 24, 2024