Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World
The sword was a last resort because we're told Kaiju blood being spilled threatens the environment. This is shown to be analogous to a supertanker oil spill during the opening montage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
One gripe I have is that Kaiju blue is supposed to be super toxic but they barely address it in the first film.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Panfilo posted:

One gripe I have is that Kaiju blue is supposed to be super toxic but they barely address it in the first film.

Yeah, supposedly the plasma cannon used by Gipsy is intended to immediately cauterise wounds, but you don't really see a lot of that what with blood and gibs splattering all over the place. And Crimson Typhoon just straight doesn't give a gently caress what with its giant buzz saws.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Perestroika posted:

Yeah, supposedly the plasma cannon used by Gipsy is intended to immediately cauterise wounds, but you don't really see a lot of that what with blood and gibs splattering all over the place. And Crimson Typhoon just straight doesn't give a gently caress what with its giant buzz saws.

It's not like any of the injuries Typhoon leaves bleed at all, just make more glowing blue lines on the critter.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Panfilo posted:

While it is obvious they should have used the sword from the beginning, busting it out like this felt pretty badass.
The sword was implied to be new to the refit/rebuild so Riley didn't know about it. He should be able to know due to the drift I think, but it did seem to surprise him.

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.

Panfilo posted:

Newsreel in the beginning, the cleanup crew wearing hazmat suits etc. worked well enough for me when I saw it the first time. "Ok, so they're dangerous even when dead so we cannot just blow them apart, instead we prolongedly fight them in urban areas, spreading blood everywhere, also we should slice them in two in upper athmosphere because that spread the blood everywhere... oh nevermind"

El Perkele
Nov 7, 2002

I HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON STAR WARS MOVIES!!!

I can't even call the right one bad.
Also Pacific Rim Uprising is a very bad and boring movie. Wherever Pacific Rim 1 succeeds, PRU fails. Wherever PR1 fails, PRU fails too. It's not even an interesting failure, it's just so dull and meaningless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I fell asleep during PRU, I was so disappointed even though I knew it was going to be poo poo.

• Locked thread