Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Original post
Orokos Sheet
PDF Print

Silenna of the Green

In my early travels I went to pay homage to a druidic sect. As a pilgrim and a fresh neophyte, it would be the first time I ever saw the green warden. In all popular stories there is a stoic truth, a meeting of great figures, a joining of destinies. It seems there is one for anyone I had ever met in public and Silenna was no exception. For the bards the idea was that mercy met discipline and both found the other's values wanting, or even that there was some adversity! I had heard the tales of those entombed and I hope one day to try to save even one of them, under Silenna's watch and protection. But that first day I saw her, I could only look away and many thought me driven to faint, whether by fear or some inability to tolerate the ugly. In truth, Silenna... is one of the most beautiful people I have ever seen. Her passion embodies every aspect of her and is reflected in the sheen of each scale! Her ferocity and will are twin beacons of noble valor and to see her strike is to know the beauty of nature's cycle! Though I know I should never speak of it aloud, I hope one day she might... share her scales. To wear an item crafted from such an incredible figure! Perhaps she molts?

Merritt Carlisle

A handsome and stoic man, Commander Carlisle is a shining example of Sune's most basic tenet: to celebrate the beauty of the world! His spirit sings of mankind's great nobility and his actions reflect a pure will that betters the world with every action! As I began to truly awaken to Sune's voice in my heart, I was trusted to translate our texts and to share them with many sympathetic faiths, including those brave lions of Torm. The Golden Lions are a most heroic sect and it was on my own time that I pursued knowledge of the figures that led them, charmed as I was by the newly appointed Lion of Torm. To hear tales of his deeds and upbringing makes me feel that I have learned of a kindred spirit. As my own station grew and I became a diplomatic figure between the two faiths, I always found it delightful to meet with Sir Carlisle. It is a wonderful personal indulgence to imagine that his heart has room for valor and love in it, and that my dear Frederick would look the other way, recalling that our original vows were "until death do we part."

Marcus Gellantara

I first met Marcus in the most incorrigible manner, when I had completed tutelage under one of Our Lady's Roses. Although he was not a member of the sect, he was a frequent guest, delighting us all with his wonderful songs and ribald stories. We were blessed to know such a loving man, and in turn received many blessings from Sune and from him. But initially... we met at a darling tavern of golden wood-work and fine cooking, to discuss our mutual journey with the elusive Grimfox the Avenger. We were traveling with some others, but Marcus is the man I shall never forget, for once we had all been introduced and revelry was well under way, he invited me to speak in private. Pulling me aside, passing a hand up my robe and fondling my tail, he told me with the utmost confidence that "I bet your rear could make a mute sing." I am blessed once again, for I am already so red he could not see my face burst into flame from his compliment... and then he would ruin it by adding that I was "quite good-looking for an older gal." Although things would get rather heated from there, Marcus and his wonderful family are still dear to my heart today.

Arka Scorchoak

Sometimes when I look to dear Arka, I feel overwhelmed. Her beauty is apparent, yet beneath that blooms the radiance of her soul and incredibly, many more. Yet something else grips me when I look to her, and I am ashamed to admit that I have occasionally acted on it. The gentle, perfect girl reminds me very much of my only daughter, Vivian! It is all I can do to not refer to Arka by the wrong name, or to refrain from hugging her. Sometimes I muss her hair. But she is a good friend and a noble stoic, able to tolerate my indulgences as she carries out her sacred duties. We met when I came to hear of a wounded warrior in my travels, and came to care for her in the wake of her greatest hunt. Although she had already attained nobility in this life, I felt it wrong to let her slip away! At my insistence that the world would be safer with her continued vigil, she eventually relented in allowing me to delay her return to a noble afterlife, as she thinks of it. I did not believe so strongly in the return of unique beauty, for Sune teaches to admire and worship beauty as we see it, for it may vanish forever in a moment. But meeting Arka and knowing the blinding beauty of her spirit, I can see now that sometimes we are a little luckier than the Gods intended. And if my darling little owl will continue to indulge my doting, I will consider myself much luckier as well.

Iada Kilcis

Although I have not lived in Waterdeep for decades, I have visited it dozens of times. I left for the first time after cleansing Go-Between and had only heard of the world beyond the city through books and the words of travelers. It was a great comfort to return every time, for I had also left when my youngest son had come of age, leaving everything but the clothes on my back to my children. In the years since I have seen them grow and returned to hold my grandchildren, and returned to see the growth of my hometown. Under Lady Kilcis the city has seen a remarkable transformation, from a loose clashing of a million separate interests to a trading powerhouse, protected from outside influence by her stoic gaze. When I was younger, I would only meet some of the Swords of the Lady and trade polite parlance with them, exchange texts and wish each other well with our respective rites. After a great time and hearing of my deeds, I was asked to return to Waterdeep and grant it my "blessing", as the Saint born of Waterdeep. I was happy to do so, but even more enchanted to finally meet Lady Kilcis, a living testament to the hidden beauty in the world, that beneath apparent darkness and dire circumstances there is a wonderful soul looking to join the beauty of the world. Given a chance, it will produce a unique joy known only to the redeemed. It may have been unprofessional to embrace the Lady Kilcis, but I could in no other way confer my blessing to Waterdeep, and to her, for protecting my home. In time since, I've received letter that one of my grandchildren has been named in her honor, "Iada."

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 2, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Gladys is entirely teamwork dependent and has minimal options to even deal damage, so I thought it'd be convenient to have a spot to refer to what she can do for you at any given moment. Hugs are always a free action.

quote:

Utility Reference

Standing Adjacent: +1 Saves
Standing Within 5: Cannot be Surprised

Surge Bonus: Surge + 3d6 + 1d6(1 Target) + 9
Last Legion Officer: When Ally Heals off spent Surge, Shift 1 or gain +2 AC/Reflex USONT

Healing Word: Surge + 8d6 + 1d6(1 Target) + 9 x2 Targets
Word Bonus: +2 Attack, +6 Defenses against next attack, then +2 Defenses USOMNT + Last Legion Officer Bonus

At Will
Astral Seal: Target has -2 Defenses UEOMNT. Next Ally to hit gains 6 HP. Range 5
Sacred Flame: Grant a Save or 14 THP to Ally in line of sight. Range 5

Encounter
Healing Word x3
Healer's Mercy: Bloodied Allies only, Surge Heal. CB 5, Standard
Favor of the Gods: Target rolls twice for next Attack. CB3, Minor
Prophecy of Doom: Set up a guaranteed Crit on one target. Range 5, Standard
Hymn of Resurgence: Enemies have -2 Defenses and Proned on Hit. Allies can save or gain 5 THP. CB5. No Friendly Fire.
Remorse: Allies can spend Healing Surge. Enemies gain Vuln 10 and are Dazed. Burst 1, Range 5.
Sever the Source: UEOMNT Target has Vuln 17 and Cannot Heal. Auto-Hits. Range 5, Standard.

Daily
Good Omens: +5 to all D20s, Can't Crit. UEOMNT. Ranged 10, Standard
Words of Comfort: Grants Saving Throws, 5 HP(10 to Bloodied Allies.) CB2, Standard
Stream of Life: Ongoing 5(Save Ends.) Saving Throw optional. When damage is taken, Ally within 5 heals for 15
+Diabolic Soul: Regen 6 combo with Stream of Life
+Saving Grace: When a Save is made, choose to forgo the Save. Grant Ally within 5 a Save at +7.
Dismissal: Banishes one target for at least one round, hit or miss. Range 10.
+Better against Aberrant, Elemental, Fey, Immortal, Shadow Creatures.
Radiant Armor: Interrupt Attack. Damage of Attack becomes 0. Only blocks the Damage. CB 5.
Brilliant Censure: Blinds Enemies(Save Ends.) Creates Zone until end of Encounter. If Ally starts turn in Zone, gains +2d6 Radiant Damage. CB 3. No Friendly Fire.
Divine Armor: Close Burst 3. Standard Action. All Allies affected gain +2 AC and DR 5/All until end of encounter.
Moment of Peace: Target's Attacks deal No Damage(Save Ends.) CB 5, No Friendly Fire.

Items:
Cord of Divine Favor: Encounter for Self Healing via Surge.
Timeless Locket: Daily to use Standard as Minor. Cannot be Attacking Standard.
Gloves of Healing: Daily to restore my Surge Value to Adjacent Ally.
Symbol of Sustenance: Minor to extend an effect that will end this Turn to the next UEOMNT.
Ring of Calling: Daily to Teleport Ally within 20 and in sight to Adjacent Tile. Reverse function if milestone reached.
Ring of Flight: Daily to Fly.
Bracers of Respite: Daily when Adjacent Ally Heals to heal 2d8 on them or another Adjacent Ally or Self.
Octogram of Sovereign: Daily to regain Channel Divinity.

Guardian Whistle: Teleport Ally to Adjacent Square. CB 10. Move.
Woundstich Powder: Save the Dying. Cancels Ongoing. Standard.
Decanter of Endless Water: Encounter to produce Water.
Potion of Spectral Form: Minor to become Insubstantial.

Rituals
See Sheet.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Nov 15, 2017

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
Merritt's take on the party:

Silenna

I have only heard tales of the Serpent Queen. It’s quite overwhelming to see her in person. She strikes a formidable presence, so I gather it may not be an opportune time to confirm the validity of their tales. If this is truly a woman who hunts abominations and imprisons evil beings in the Iron Grove, then our foes have no idea of what is coming for them.

Gladys

I’ll admit, I never planned on becoming a diplomat. I’d always hoped that my duties in the field would supercede those that occurred in meeting rooms, but alas. That being said, some figures were far more agreeable than others and Gladys was always a welcome sight. She was far more enjoyable to converse with than the church leadership I had grown used to speaking to. I can admire someone like her who heard their call to service later in life - an experience much different from my own, but still relatable. Her faith reminds me of why it is important our orders cooperate - what’s the point of justice if there is no beauty and love in the world? What would be worth protecting? I always had the sense she intentionally sought me out, although I can’t say I understand why. I look forward to working with her - I know we’ll greatly need someone with her skills.

Marcus

Secretly, I’ll admit I’m rather excited to meet Marcus. I’ve heard many of his songs in taverns across the land, and my companions and I often turned to song to pass the time on long journeys. I’m fortunate that I’m able to compose coherent reports, let alone compose sagas. Bards seem unlikely venturing companions, but one’s spirit is as important as any blade or armor. Tales like his and his colleagues’ are heartening, to know that we follow in the footsteps of other great warriors and adventurers. They provide encouragement in our darkest times, when we need them most. Maybe if time allows, he’ll grant a song outside of battle. I’d love to hear one of his pieces performed by their composer!

Arka

I find a Arka to be another kindred spirit. We both serve justice to those who deserve it, although our methods are different. I can’t fault her for them, as she follows a much different code than I and faces much different foes. I had heard whispers through my travels about a legendary hunter. If they are indeed true, and that is indeed the woman standing before me then her skills will be priceless in combat.

Iada

I will need much prayer and meditation to fully grasp my feelings on Iada. I have personally slaughtered many of her Baneite colleagues - happily so, so that I could end the terror they inflict upon others. She does deserve credit for turning her back on a god as demanding and fearsome as Bane. It speaks to her character that she was able to see the err of her ways and remain strong in them. Something still unsettles me about her, though...

Melchiresa
Jun 21, 2006

Nice guy.
Tries hard.
Loves hot dogs The Game.
Just posting this here as a reference for Merritt's reactions:

pre:
Merritt Carlisle   						 
HP: 151/151 (THP: )		AC:  38		Passive Insight: 33
Surges: 13/13 (V: 42)		Fort: 36	Passive Perception: 26
Initiative: +17			Ref:  32	Action Points: 1
Speed: 6 (Fly 8)		Will: 34	Vision: normal
Languages: Common, Elven, Supernal

Resists/Immunities
Resist 15 Fire, Resist 15 Radiant
Immune to fear

Basic Attacks
MBA: 1d20+28; 2d12+16

Powers

At-Will
Divine Challenge		Holy Strike			Ardent Strike

Encounter
[ ] Action Point		[ ] Second Wind			[ ] Heroic Effort
[ ] Channel Divinity		[ ] Virtue			[ ] Shield of Discipline
[ ] Benediction			[ ] Red Death			[ ] Guardian's Counter
[ ] Lawbreaker's Doom		[ ] Dispensed Justice		[ ] Castigating Strike
[ ] Mark of Terror		[ ] Strength from Valor		[ ] Battle Awareness

Daily
4/4 Virtue's Touch		[ ] Divine Aegis		[ ] Avatar of Undaunted Bravery
[ ] Wheel of Fate		[ ] Blood Oath Fulfilled

Item Powers
[ ] Sacrificial Fullblade +5 (Daily)
[ ] Dwarven Legion Plate Armor +5 (Daily)
[ ] Amulet of Life +4 (Encounter)
[ ] Helm of Teleportation (Encounter)

Reactions
Divine Challenge: Target takes 17 radiant damage first time per round
	that it targets any of my allies with an attack power that doesn't include
	me
Divine Sanction: Target takes 10 radiant damage first time per round
	that it targets any of my allies with an attack power that doesn't include
	me
Battle Awareness: 1/encounter make imm. interrupt MBA against adjacent
	enemy that shifts or doesn't include me in attack
Guardian's Counter: An ally within 2sq of me is hit by an attack and I'm
	not included in the attack: The ally and I shift up to 2 sq as a free
	action, swapping positions. I become the target of the triggering attack,
	in place of the ally. After the attack is resolved, I can make a BA against
	the attacker
Benediction: An ally within 5sq hits with a melee attack: The target can
	either spend a healing surge or make two damaage rolls for the attack
	and use either result

Class/Path/Destiny Features
Guardian: Choose one creature to be my bonded charge. If an enemy attacks
	them, I gain +1 to attack against them USO the enemies NT.
Immobilizing Action: WHen you take an action point to attack a
	lawbreaker's doom target, immobilize target on hit
Strenght of Conviction: Gain 10 + StrMod (7) THP when I reduce
	lawbreaker's doom target to 0 hp
Angelic Nature:

Feats
Two-Handed Weapon Expertise: +3 to damage on charge attacks
Heavy Blade Mastery: Crit with heavy blade weapon on 19-20
Bitter Challenge: Divine Challenge damage slows target UEONT
Mighty Challenge: Divine Challenge adds +Str mod radiant damage
Weakening Challenge: Weaken target for the attack when it takes damage
	from divine challenge or divine sanction
World Serpent's Grasp: Knock slowed or immobilized targets prone on hit
Superior Will: Make saving throw to end stunned or dazed at start of turn
	even if not (save ends) effect
Honored Foe: Gain Wis mod THP when enemy marked by divine challenge or
	divine sanction damages me
Resurgent Attack: Gain +2 to next attack before EONT after I spend
	healing surge
Virtuous Recovery: Gain resist Wis (4) all USONT when spending healing 	surge

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
Merritt Carlisle

The great hero of Baldur's Gate! Hopefully, a kindred soul who knows what it's like to put everything you've got into protecting a city. He seems young for this sort of work, though; reminds me of some of my acolytes. I'll bet he still sees the world in black and white. Still, give him a few decades, and I'm sure he'll really be something.

Silenna of the Green

Why did it have to be snakes? I hate snakes. Every time some vizier or royal adviser gets too big for his britches, he does the snake thing. And every time I'm heroically throwing myself at him and his legions of supporters, and every time dying of some horrifically painful poison. Not to mention the demogorgon, medusas, the yuan-ti... oh, and those werevipers a few decades ago. She's not a wereviper, is she? Hopefully, she makes evil even more uncomfortable than she makes me. Oh, what's that, the snake woman likes to trap immortal beings in trees for all of eternity? I'm sure we'll be great friends.

Saint Gladys

She. Hugged. Me. Everyone in the room was shocked and silent for several seconds after. I was... unsure of how to proceed; after so long, it's awkward having someone be so comfortable around me, but given what I've seen the high-ranking priests of Selune do throughout the years, I decided to go with it; can't swing a weapon worth a drat, but they're the best field medics out there. Also, her drat fool kids had the idiotic idea to name their child after me; lucky if the kid makes it to puberty before some wannabe necromantic lord tries to sacrifice her just to irk me. Zeferia insisted that having a demon bound to protect the kid wouldn't be appreciated; I've started teaching her to use a sword, but her parents are insistent that she learn to read before I teach her to manipulate primordial spirits into granting her arcane power. I don't get it, I was 20 before I learned to read, but was bargaining fire spirits out of pieces of their essence before I turned 12.

Marcus Gellantara

I don't understand what an old, retired bard is doing here. Don't get me wrong, if he were visiting Waterdeep sometime, I'd offer him a warm spot by the fire and all he could eat and drink for some poems and songs. But what in the nine hells is he doing here? I mean, everyone says he had more to do with those stories he tells than he lets on. But still; I'm half surprised he isn't using a cane, being helped along by an attendant; maybe we'll build him a litter.

Arka Scorchoak

My sister in divinity, and an incredibly skilled hunter; certainly the best I've ever seen. One who understands what duty truly is. I hunted with her twice, both times in the wilderness near Waterdeep. Once, many, many decades ago, I helped her find and kill a vampire lord who had set up shop in the City of the Dead. Later, she helped me track and eliminate a pack of werecougars. I would greatly desire that she made a home in Waterdeep, another old soul to aid in the protection of the city. Alas, her responsibilities call her elsewhere.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I had taken Reserve Maneuver and swapped out Curse Strike with Wrathful Smite, not realizing that that was an illegal substitution (since Wrathful Smite is a higher level than Curse Strike). I switched my Reserve Maneuver to be for Touch of Command instead.

Mortify
Feb 4, 2005

I did some things. You don't have to like them. B...bakas.

Marcus:

Silenna:

Merritt:

I'll see about finishing Gladys tomorrow evening, and Iada if Than gives me any ideas.

Mortify fucked around with this message at 09:04 on Aug 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

bump to keep alive if necessary

• Locked thread