Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Literally A Person posted:

It's true. The only reason these things (tablet and cellphone games) are still being made is that they stimulate the same emotional responses as gambling and developers know that they can get any number of people to drop money like kids used to at the arcade on something that took an artist and developer three days and next to no money to make.

Yeah, I saw that episode of South Park too. I like that they actually acknowledged the concept of the Skinner box in "freemium" phone games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Drunk & Ugly posted:

now i wanna go to chicago

its either greasy or its got some special sauce hook me the gently caress up

You dip it in the juices the meat cooks out. It is appropriately chicago in so far as its basically meat, some pickled spices, and fat put back in.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

ElectricSheep posted:

Yeah, I saw that episode of South Park too. I like that they actually acknowledged the concept of the Skinner box in "freemium" phone games.

Um, what ep is this? It must be watched.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Um, what ep is this? It must be watched.

Freemium Isn't Free, season 18, episode 6.

Explores some other interesting issues too, like various forms of addiction and how society incorporates them.

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Give us a trip report when you're done, if only because the way it ended/the true villain was hilarious.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Stupid southparkstudios! I have to wait until it comes up in their rotation of free eps!

I totally refuse to pay for hulu

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Stupid southparkstudios! I have to wait until it comes up in their rotation of free eps!

I totally refuse to pay for hulu

Free two-week trial my man. I always cancel it the day before expiring so I don't get billed :cool:

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
If you aren't a child or tween and you play PokemonGo I don't care if you design rocket ships you are submental.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Peetown Manning posted:

If you aren't a child or tween and you play PokemonGo I don't care if you design rocket ships you are submental.

The 'tism makes people good at rockets and trains.

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017

The 'tism makes people good at rockets and trains.

*Spends all weekend militantly representing PokemonGo in the streets of Chicago
*Goes to work on Monday and effortlessly designs software to make Tomahawk missiles better at killing browns

COINCIDENCE?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I like Pokemon go. I like organizing and categorizing stuff. A big aspect of the game is walking great distances, and I have to walk my kids 5-10 km a day. I also like how there's almost always spawns in parks, another place I spend way too much time at due to my kids. I like it. I have never played a pokemon game besides this one, though.

ambient robot
Apr 23, 2014

by Lowtax
Pokemon GO made over a billion dollars in less than a year and like tripled Nintendo's net worth lmfao

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

had anyone said it's a bad game yet

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ambient robot posted:

Pokemon GO made over a billion dollars in less than a year and like tripled Nintendo's net worth lmfao

The share boost from Pokemon Go was quickly lost when investors finally realized Nintendo was a minority stake in the project

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Peetown Manning posted:

I'd be disappointed in my tween.

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Inescapable Duck posted:

I mean drat, if you're putting that much effort into sim scavenger hunt just buy the real Pokemon made by real game developers, you can explore virtual Hawaii and pat your Pokemon on the head.

Phone games are like the worst of all worlds.

Yeah but then what reason do I have to go chill in the cool graveyard downtown and look at all the neat confederate-era graves with names like Crapon and Sandy Beaver? If I'm grinning at my phone, people assume it's the phone. Plus there's legitimately some cool mausoleums and stuff down there. It gives me a great excuse.

Neurotic Roleplay posted:

had anyone said it's a bad game yet

It's some D-list level poo poo but so is most poo poo that's free to do.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Pokey Go is a good thing because it motivates weird shut ins to get outside and exercise and meet other weird shut ins so they can flex their atrophied social skill muscles. Even better, they're doing it at like 3 AM so I don't have to see it.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i didnt play pokemon go kuz i couldnt own ppl over and over with op gyrados with like what did he have, he had like hyperbeam, solar beam, hydro pump, and something else. drat he was OP!! hosed up many kids @ tennis camp. owned!!!

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
I remember when I got into a link cable battle with some other kid while we were waiting for our sisters to finish gymnastics, he had a mew2 that he used the rare candy glitch on and I had my lvl 100 trained charizard.

It was so funny how mad he got when I 2 shot him lol

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

Yeah but then what reason do I have to go chill in the cool graveyard downtown and look at all the neat confederate-era graves with names like Crapon and Sandy Beaver? If I'm grinning at my phone, people assume it's the phone. Plus there's legitimately some cool mausoleums and stuff down there. It gives me a great excuse.

It's some D-list level poo poo but so is most poo poo that's free to do.

I'm pretty sure you'd be better off doing some sort of drug instead

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hey welcome to the show! posted:

I remember when I got into a link cable battle with some other kid while we were waiting for our sisters to finish gymnastics, he had a mew2 that he used the rare candy glitch on and I had my lvl 100 trained charizard.

It was so funny how mad he got when I 2 shot him lol

owned bitch

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i remember when my mom or whatever got me the freaking super nes or n64 idk cart that u could put ur pokemon game boy carts into and you could battle on the big screen. i think the controllers had ports too i think idk or maybe u shuffled them and it loaded it into cart memory i dont remember. but it was the pokemon arena game and i remember when i first say my op as gently caress gyrados (aka my best friend) fly out in full glorious 3d and start blasting fools with his extremely OP spells it was like the best thing. he was even cooler now. hard to believe the extremely OP gyrados could be even cooler but he was. i also really liked the electrode pokemon and liked the kamikaze move but it missed a lot. but sometimes it would proc and epic hit and kill some dudes mew2 or something. but i think it basically always missed. bull poo poo. imo. oh also parasect was cool. some kid told me to hold down+b while sleep powder animation played and it would proc the sleep debuff more often. i believed him lol. guess im a retard. seemed to work tho. confirmation bias i guess

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to market a bullying app which is just rebranded PokeStop data.

You just go to the location and wait and the nerds come to you.

Lobotomy Bob
Jun 13, 2003

Zahgaegun posted:

I'm going to market a bullying app which is just rebranded PokeStop data.

You just go to the location and wait and the nerds come to you.

Now THAT is innovation.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

It's kind of a shame that Pokemon Go is so well known by the general public. Hearing stories of Ingress players being aggressively confronted by security guards at 2 in the morning and being unable to make them understand what they were doing were always good for a chuckle

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Funny when I want to go wander around town or w/ever I just go out and do it without cramming my face in a screen to find imaginary animes guess I must have some sort of problem idk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Can you stil drop a lure and have people gather to catch the pokemon or was it an urban legend ?

• Locked thread