Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
It looks like it's just a dozen games of go played simultaneously on a daft rotating thing. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
yeah, but they don't seem to be playing by go rules

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Only through the first couple episodes, but I "like" how every (living) woman in this anime so far is depicted as either sinister/villainous, insane, or an undetailed background character. I guess that's one thing accurate to Catholicism.

:laffo:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
The latest episode has sinister black devil worshippers! :dawkins101:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
yeah the whole "teehee! I don't understand anything about how real world stuff works and I wrote a show anyway!" thing is a lot less charming when its targeted at Africans

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

The_White_Crane posted:

The latest episode has sinister black devil worshippers! :dawkins101:
we regret to announce you that the anime duck is racist

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Excited for more racism

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
What if the nazis are behind this too

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm dropping this. the first arc was hilarious, but everything since then has been dull as dirt.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I thought this arc started out iffy but by the end I dug it. It was very dumb and very gay.

Also the racism was a red herring for more church crimes (to an extent lol). I hope every arc ends with catholics loving up and the main characters don't change their devotion to the church at all.

an actual dog fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Aug 27, 2017

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

I don't think I can be happy unless these gay priests kiss. :ohdear:

It's still really stupid and convoluted, and I love how there was an entire separate level of bullshit beneath the initial level of bullshit. I guess father Julia and his inseminated devil child are the main antagonists now?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Maybe they should just start assuming every head priest they meet is actually a satanist.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
I went into this show hoping for a combination of mystery and religious horror. The protagonists investigate miracles and fight Satanists with science! What could go wrong?!

I'm 8 episodes in, and I don't know what I'm feeling now. It's definitely not joy--more bafflement mixed with fascination. I think the last time I felt this way I was watching Valvrave.

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
The utter insanity of these convoluted plans, it's kind of impressive in a twisted sense.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Good lord, Roberto, Julia clearly wanted to kill you, he just couldn't resist the temptation of an easily escaped death trap. It's a common condition among villains.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I'm sad the rest of the show wasn't as great as the first arc but I liked it a lot.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it would have been way better if the literal doublehitler was a recurring antagonist and not a weird baby skeleton that was shown in passing

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I just wanted more twists as weird as hitler babies tho I guess there's not much further you can go.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

There's always a chance that Julia is also a hitlerbaby.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Neeksy posted:

The utter insanity of these convoluted plans, it's kind of impressive in a twisted sense.

Same, but with the convoluted deaths by mere circumstance.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Thank you Vatican Miracle Examiners for examining the maracles. dead bf lol

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Two lessons this episode:

1) Sometimes satanists are just good guys who help you out no strings attached!
2) If you're going to leave behind a bunch of messages hidden in books for someone to read after you die you should probably leave a note or something letting them know they exist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Truly, satanists were the greatest miracle of all

I somehow don't think this is going to get a second season

• Locked thread