Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
I'm thankful that ten years ago a moron posting inspired me to start budgetting and thinking about my financial future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
Also shut the gently caress up Zaurg

Too late for any of the sell your shitcoins tags?

KnifeWrench
May 25, 2007

Practical and safe.

Bleak Gremlin

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

I'm thankful for learning that the mod magic is just uploading them. You can pay to change your custom title to include the image tag anytime and fortify Lowtax's spine.

e.g.

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Which one do you want?

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Tendronai posted:

I'm thankful that ten years ago a moron posting inspired me to start budgetting and thinking about my financial future.

Pretty much this. I’m in such a better position thanks to Zaurg sucking at life for so loving long.

Tase ur balls and eat ur poo poo, zaurg.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I am thankful for Zaurg but a Horse

Also I think when MeatZaurg got me this avatar he nuked my gangtag, so please tag me up with whatever you think is most fitting.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I would appreciate tag reinstatement, if possible, please, thank u believe in a jesus

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
I was pretty proud to have posted what became a thread title (Zaurg learned to make ice, now his assets are all frozen).

Zaurg tase your balls.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
I'm grateful for my increased pattern recognition in human behavior, including my own.

Banana Canada
Sep 2, 2003
I'd tax all foreigners living abroad.

Duckman2008 posted:

I was pretty proud to have posted what became a thread title

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I am grateful of being able to go "Jesus christ zaurg" in discord and having six goons go "he is still posting? that was like ten years ago"

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Tashilicious posted:

"he is still posting? that was like ten years ago"

Well, now we have our first thread title for the next thread in ten years

Zaurg But A Horse
Apr 14, 2019

Zaurg? Neigh!

Ultimate Mango posted:

I am thankful for Zaurg but a Horse

:3:

You know, I really tried to help Zaurg. I tried so hard to help him find his budget.

Never did find it.

Tashilicious
Jul 17, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zaurg But A Horse posted:

You know, I really tried to help Zaurg. I tried so hard to help him find his budget.

Never did find it.

You need to keep posting in random threads as Zaurg, but a horse. Go to the running threads, find the bitcoin threads, whatever. Just... This is too glorious to let die in this thread.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
I'm thankful not only for the MASSIVE amount of entertainment the zaurg threads have provided me, but also for encouraging/forcing me to take budgeting & savings more seriously. I upped my 401k contribution (my company doesn't match, sadly) and started putting money in savings a lot more consistently, to the point that I finally reached four figures (and counting, I hope!) in my emergency fund. Zaurg changed my life! :unsmith:

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

YeahTubaMike posted:

I'm thankful not only for the MASSIVE amount of entertainment the zaurg threads have provided me, but also for encouraging/forcing me to take budgeting & savings more seriously. I upped my 401k contribution (my company doesn't match, sadly) and started putting money in savings a lot more consistently, to the point that I finally reached four figures (and counting, I hope!) in my emergency fund. Zaurg changed my life! :unsmith:

When I studied film in university, we used to say that even the worst movies can teach us something about how to improve our film-making. I'm glad to see that even the worst goons can teach us something about being better people.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

10 years hence: Thread Dead Redemption.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I’m thankful for zaurg scaring me into starting to save and budget correctly, it’s a noticeable difference

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.

mojo1701a posted:

When I studied film in university, we used to say that even the worst movies can teach us something about how to improve our film-making. I'm glad to see that even the worst goons can teach us something about being better people.

Oh hai Mark

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I'm thankful I'm not zaurg.

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

I'm thankful for Zaurg. Watching his trainwreck helped to convince me to make a goddamn budget.

Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.
I'm thankful zaurg never pulled a Slow Motion and got boringly successful.

howdoesishotweb
Nov 21, 2002

Mao Zedong Thot posted:

It's a marathon not a sprint

Another 9.5 years of marathoning

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

howdoesishotweb posted:

Another 9.5 years of marathoning

drat I wonder if he actually ran any marathons

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

taze you are balls zuarg

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I just want one more look at his budget spreadsheet from like October, I can only imagine how poorly he’s doing now

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

hey zaurg I just wanted to let you know that I paid off my mortgage this week, about 28 years early

taze you are balls

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
gently caress off forever zruag

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I’m honored that I at least got to be part of the final hours of the Zaurg tale before he got a decade probe.

See you in 10 years

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
I'm thankful I am no where near as dumb as :zaurg:

DoctorTristan
Mar 11, 2006

I would look up into your lifeless eyes and wave, like this. Can you and your associates arrange that for me, Mr. Morden?
I’m thankful for the millions of people like Zaurg who generously pay the banks so much in interest thereby keeping banking free for the fiscally solvent

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Zaurg But A Horse posted:

Never did find it.

I have a weird goon man friend crush on you my dude. In another reality we should have been besties.

gently caress you zaurg. In ten years you will know how badly you hosed up. Your kids are gunna haaate you.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

YeahTubaMike posted:

QFT, same here.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!
I just did a dive on this thread to see the tone change by every ten pages of zaurgposting. 1-20 was just advice, 20-30 you begin to see more exasperated posters, 40-60 there’s tons more open hostility and finally “shut the gently caress up” starts around 70 pages of zaurgposting in and by 80 until 95 it’s just shut the gently caress up Zaurg.

Quesselin
May 25, 2007

Men freely believe that which they desire
I'm thankful for the good advice given in these threads that I learned something from, and for getting a final chance to post in this historic moment - only my second Zaurg thread post after reading for ten years.
May the future bring us all much ice, much pizza, and no shitcoins. Peace.

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
I’m thankful that I’m not Zaurg and the rest of you made this an entertaining ride that’s finally coming to a close. Never did I think I’d get to read three threads of this near nonsense.

Zugar, see you in Chicago for the marathon next year, you stupid, tased-ball motherfucker.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Moneyball posted:

Oh hai Mark

How I didn't watch that movie until years later when I gave up and became an accountant, I'll never know. Showed it to some of my old friends years later, and they agreed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Zaurg?