Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Sara
Claire
Sharon
Crow
Olivert
View Results

• Locked thread
Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
There are options in the launcher to remap for a "Dual Shock" controller (Playstation style), an Xbox controller, and a Keyboard/mouse. (I played with keyboard/mouse.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map

Can't wait to get my hands on the best-selling works Woo Baby and Christ, Who's Gonna Die First?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Whoa, what happened to the font?

Orbs
Apr 1, 2009
~Liberation~
The best localization of a JRPG of all time.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I was messing around with the HD resolution user interface assets from a few months back and still had them in

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Act 2 - Wow, It's Finally the Game I Wanted to Play Halfway Through CS1

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

Act 2 - Wow, It's Finally the Game I Wanted to Play Halfway Through CS1

Are you talking about getting to use Ogre Mode at will in battle?

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Nah, just the slightly non-linear ability to travel for once.

Instructor Thomas's disguise was the worst thing and I'm glad he put it on

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Nah, just the slightly non-linear ability to travel for once.

Instructor Thomas's disguise was the worst thing and I'm glad he put it on

:colbert: Instructor Thomas's disguise is the best thing.

Virulence
Jun 14, 2012

Instructor Thomas is the best character in the game and it makes me sad he doesn't have more scenes.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
I'm on a NG+ file and his ongoing translation of the Black Records has atrocious handwriting (actually it's the unofficial HD font being too wide and causing text to spill off the page)

Speaking of books, I almost forgot to read the CS2 Drama CD story! Which then led me to read about the surprise guest character in it. Which then led me to go back and read Carnelia and drat :stwoon:

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

I'm on a NG+ file and his ongoing translation of the Black Records has atrocious handwriting (actually it's the unofficial HD font being too wide and causing text to spill off the page)

Speaking of books, I almost forgot to read the CS2 Drama CD story! Which then led me to read about the surprise guest character in it. Which then led me to go back and read Carnelia and drat :stwoon:

You should also read the Ring of Judgement Manga if you haven't! It's about Estelle and Joshua from the Sky Trilogy going on an adventure with Toval during their search for Renne in the city the Drama CD takes place in. It's extremely good and fully translated into english!

https://www.esterior.net/2016/08/translation-wednesday-bonus-ring-of-judgment-complete-download/

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Not to mention there's another overlap between those two stories.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Got Ring of Judgment ready to read in a bit, thanks for the recommendation.

Also, I'm punching my card as having beaten CS2 for the time being--I made it to the Epilogue. Unless there's stuff I shouldn't miss in it?

Oh, Rean. You are so screwed. I'm loving his bizarre marriage to the Empire now contrasting with the gushy feelings he has for Class VII. He's beginning to turn into that kind of character you can't help but feel for no matter how ridiculous things get, since by CS2's end it's been what, 120+ hours? CS3 seems like it's going to be a beautiful trainwreck, and I mean that in the most Blueblanc way possible.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Yes, there's a quest involving Anton in the second half of the epilogue that no Trails fan has any business missing.

The n00b Avenger
Dec 21, 2014
If you're already that far you may as well get to the credits while you're at it anyway. I mean it technically sets up 3 in a way as far as showing what class 7 are up to. Plus it just feels like a more finalizing and conclusive end off point for the 1+2 duology

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the epilogue isn't like open ended or whatever, there is an Ending after which the credits roll and you make a clear save and it kicks you back to the title screen because you've actually finished the game

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
im playing im playing

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Okay now I'm done-done.

1. Keep up the good work, Instructor Thomas!
2. Anton is a good man and I will defend him to the death
3. I am utterly drained emotionally now, please link me back to the Falcom thread if it has been remade

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

3. I am utterly drained emotionally now, please link me back to the Falcom thread if it has been remade

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3748643

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
Oh and 4. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY

• Locked thread