Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Many years in the distant future the man known as Justy Ueki Tylor is dead and the Raalgon Empire no longer exists. Unfortunately for us Tylor's descendant meets Goza 168 and they set off on a journey to recreate the empire and return it to its former glory.

It hasn't been very good but episodes are only 3 minutes long and Yamamoto is a trash compactor now.

Catch it on Crunchyroll!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I hate this show's title for getting my hopes up. gently caress you, galaxy.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I'm not sold on this show

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

what happened to yamamoto

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
i'm just angry now. this show owned, and after watching LOGH, I realize it's a fantastic parody of the serious business spaceship spergs. i'll be watching the very excellent OP on repeat until this feeling passes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8W7eF49xv4
come along with me

Amstrad
Apr 4, 2007

To destroy evil you must become an even greater evil.
So incredibly disappointed by this.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
So the original was a kind of Flashman-style series about a bumbling oaf who stumbles into heroism?

Is it...good?

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

The original series is a classic that holds up v well.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Irresponsible Galaxy☆Tylor: Finally the sequel we have been waiting for

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Huh

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Pierson posted:

So the original was a kind of Flashman-style series about a bumbling oaf who stumbles into heroism?

Is it...good?

It's amazing and this short series makes me sad.

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?
The original is amazing and this one...isn't.

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

GorfZaplen posted:

The Irresponsible Galaxy☆Tylor: Finally the sequel we have been waiting for

Weak low effort SA titles do not support emojis unfortunately

I reported this sad news before nov last year so maybe someday soon?

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Condiv posted:

Weak low effort SA titles do not support emojis unfortunately

I reported this sad news before nov last year so maybe someday soon?

I feel this show got the thread title it deserves.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

littleorv posted:

I feel this show got the thread title it deserves.

Why even make the thread if the show is so bad

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah if only he'd made the op photos of poo

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah if only he'd made the op photos of poo

The people asked for a Tomo thread and I provided. I was completely in the right and cannot be owned by that thread.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Post with conviction and nobody can hold them against you.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i watched one episode of this a few weeks ago and forgot it existed

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
The thing about the original Captain Tylor, at least for me, was that I could never really tell whether Tylor really was this bumbling idiot who got lucky all the damned time, or whether he was some kind of genius savant who played mind chess on levels no mere mortal could comprehend.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010
Most of my old school head buds were bitching about this abomination of a cash grab. Pretty sure this thread is also going to be a rehash of "Back in my day...' But it reminds me I need to finish up the original so I am grateful for that.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

QQmore posted:

Most of my old school head buds were bitching about this abomination of a cash grab. Pretty sure this thread is also going to be a rehash of "Back in my day...' But it reminds me I need to finish up the original so I am grateful for that.

I hope by "finish up the original" you don't mean "watch the OVAs."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopeford
Oct 15, 2010

Eh, why not?

CommissarMega posted:

The thing about the original Captain Tylor, at least for me, was that I could never really tell whether Tylor really was this bumbling idiot who got lucky all the damned time, or whether he was some kind of genius savant who played mind chess on levels no mere mortal could comprehend.

Yeah, I loved that too. Also loved how there were consequences for Tylor's insane behavior, like actually getting demoted. It just made him such an interesting character, because he wasn't just slapstick.

• Locked thread