Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
This is the best goddamn gimmick match in WWE and one that still matters even in a PG era because there's something monumental on the line. (Please bring back King of the Ring and give the winner a guaranteed shot at like Summerslam.)

I have attended the past two Wrestlemanias, I enjoyed the last one and I enjoy the distinction at least of having attended the Worst Mania Ever at WM Star. I saw the deadman's last match and I also saw the best match ever in Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit in a Steel Cage in Richmond VA. That said, I am loving hyped beyond all poo poo, beyond all WWE events I have ever seen live, to see The Floor Is Lava, live and in person!

Who else is buying a ticket to this most holy of events? Where are you sitting? How much do you anticipate decent seats will cost? Really I am just making this thread to share my love of the Royal Rumble with you all. :3::3::3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6LYhOwSlLM

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I think I said it last year and it holds true to this day - they could have 10 terrible Royal Rumble matches in a row and I would still be super-excited every year for the latest one, because the gimmick of the match just rules so much and there is so much exciting potential to be had.

Also this year was hilarious because if Orton had won it in any other way people probably would have been indifferent at best, but by faking out a Roman Reigns win and then having Orton dump him out, everybody was just so happy and relieved and excited :)

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
The Wells Fargo Center website is made from the same spit and glue which holds the PlayStation network together apparently, it crashed under duress and I had to go through StubHub because the goddamn things were sold out within 20 minutes.

Still, second row of the lower section. Will be able to feel the lava radiating from the floor. Feels good man. :)

ShadowedFlames
Dec 26, 2009

Shoot this guy in the face.

Fallen Rib
Up until Thursday I was ready to pounce on a ticket, even if it was a nosebleed section, because it was the Rumble.

Then I was told that due to household finances I wouldn't even be able to afford that.

I envy you lucky goons who will get to see this live. I'll have to wait for the next time they come to Philly or thereabouts.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I slept through the onsale and don't feel like paying $200+ on Stubhub for decent seats. :negative:

TheJunkyardGod
Sep 19, 2004

Do not taunt the Octopus
Welp, looks like I'm going through stubhub :(

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

TheJunkyardGod posted:

Welp, looks like I'm going through stubhub :(

It is really goddamn insane how fast those tickets went, and how underprepared the website was for the traffic.

Do what you gotta though; paying a bit of markup is ok when the floor is lava! :)

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I have had second row seats at WrestleMania. First row seats for the Raw after WrestleMania. Second row seats for Money in the Bank. First row seats for the Royal Rumble.

Crowd notwithstanding, the Royal Rumble is 100% the coolest thing to watch live. The seats weren't as good, but that match just rules a whole lot.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Lol you guys should probably realize that the Rumble is forever Roman's signature match and if he doesn't win the title at Summerslam, he's definitely winning the Rumble. Food for thought.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

bradzilla posted:

Lol you guys should probably realize that the Rumble is forever Roman's signature match and if he doesn't win the title at Summerslam, he's definitely winning the Rumble. Food for thought.

being there for roman's entrance at 30 at this year's rumble was one of the best things i've been in a crowd for. roman's heat/pops are always insane and should be witnessed in person. it'll be a while before i go to another wwe event, but it was worth the frustration with parking, the long drive, and randy orton winning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

being there for roman's entrance at 30 at this year's rumble was one of the best things i've been in a crowd for. roman's heat/pops are always insane and should be witnessed in person. it'll be a while before i go to another wwe event, but it was worth the frustration with parking, the long drive, and randy orton winning

This is extremely true. I was at Wrestlemania 31 for Roman/Brock, and having been at a lot of wrestling shows over the last 16ish years, the immediate, hissing, seething hatred when he came out was still amazing.

• Locked thread