Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rdb
Jul 8, 2002
chicken mctesticles?

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm salty because it looks like I'm gonna be stuck with comcast at my new house despite the builders telling me that Verizon was coming (they're not).
What really sucks is that Verizon has hand holes all over the neighborhood, just no service.

I still don't understand how you can get 150Mbps down and only 10 up.

If its anything like Comcast in Richmond you don't quite get 150 down, you just pay for it. A few years ago (maybe 5 now) I lived in an area of Henrico that had FiOS and it was awesome despite having a lower cap. They did tell me at the time that they weren't planning on expanding it unless they got more subsidies.

I have a rural telephone co-op now, they just ran fiber to my house from the road. It goes to some box they buried there that looks like a cooler, and that box has conduit, but no fiber ran to it yet. They said maybe a year before it can actually be switched on. I was shocked that they are actually going to run fiber out here in the first place, more so when they ran it a mile through the woods and across a creek at the dead end of my road. I really like being on the co-op despite slow speeds because they reinvest in customers and the network rather than focus all out on profit and dividends.

When it does get turned on they want $239 a month for 1000/100. So I will probably be on a much lower tier but still so much better. And even the 3/1 beats the satellite my wife and I were stuck with before, it had a laughable 10gb cap for around the same monthly bill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
We need to end internet poverty in America.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Nope. Once you have it, it will be with you until the day you die (unless :science: can find a cure some time in the future). With my limited understanding it is an auto-immune disease.

Thanks for the references. I have usually had a hard time taking people serious who self diagnosed that they had an intolerance for gluten and how they would do whatever fad cleansing diet by going off gluten for a month. Having known someone a dozen years with a pretty chronic case of Celiac (before it was a "cool" to be allergic to gluten) it is hard for me to not roll my eyes when people self diagnose as a Celiac.

Costco has the best gluten-free bread (i think you can get it at Fred Meyers). Baking and trying to be as reasonably as good as the gluten alternatives is like hard mode.
My wife and I are eye-roll people (not Celiac but wheat allergy), but having done it for 5 years you learn lots of things. PM if you want info/products etc.
We even make it harder because my wife is allergic to corn (lol its in everything) and I am allergic to potatoes and cow dairy, and we are pescatarian.
Our kids seem to have allergies to different things, so even more different cooking to do.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I just want chocolate in my chocolate, I'm a purist at heart. I bought some stuff from a little boutique shop before which was little more than bits of Belgian chocolate to melt up. It was incredible.

The hotel chocolat stuff is pretty much just grated chocolate too (with optional extra flavours) which is why it is so drat good! They have quite a few cafe's/restaurants now I think so go try it next time you see one.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
If you want anything chocolate, Chouchoute in Birmingham's Great Western Arcade are excellent. They do online sales, too.

Paging Ferremit: Can you confirm if early (1984 to, say, 1990ish) 70-series Land Cruisers are a 16mm, 34 spline steering wheel boss fitting? Should be the same as 87-onwards non-airbag Daihatsu Charades?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ugggghhhhh

Worked out pretty hard this morning so I needed protein. Craved chicken, had a KFC coupon so I went and grabbed some grilled breasts off their buffet.

I might be dying.

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

rdb posted:

When it does get turned on they want $239 a month for 1000/100. So I will probably be on a much lower tier but still so much better. And even the 3/1 beats the satellite my wife and I were stuck with before, it had a laughable 10gb cap for around the same monthly bill.
....It's not available in the entire service area yet either, but our co-op offers 1000/1000 residential fiber for $79.95 (plus mandatory phone service, so effectively $115ish without anything else bundled).

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
ive started writing a novel

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
New chat thread up - yes I know not Sept but yeah whatever.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832476

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Ugggghhhhh

Worked out pretty hard this morning so I needed protein. Craved chicken, had a KFC coupon so I went and grabbed some grilled breasts off their buffet.

I might be dying.

Lol I can't even remember the last time I had KFC. Stock up on chicken through Zaycon and grill it yourself, it literally takes five minutes. I have a hard time trusting fast food anymore, only place I'l touch these days is Chik-fil-a.

My buddy ate at Chipotle the other day and got sick as a dog, go figure.

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Ugggghhhhh

I might be dying.

Your KFC has a buffet?:pirate:

fridge corn posted:

ive started writing a novel

How many chapters does my erotic fan fiction need to be before I can call it a novel?

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Rhyno posted:

Ugggghhhhh

I might be dying.

I've eaten nothing but chicken since Monday.

20 pc bb.q Olive Oil chicken monday
I fried half of a costco 6-pack of chicken thighs (that's like 3 lbs of chicken) and split that with the wife.
20pc bb.q spicy olive oil chicken for lunch again today

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

New chat thread up - yes I know not Sept but yeah whatever.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3832476

It's already Friday in Oz?

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

monsterzero posted:

Your KFC has a buffet?:pirate:

KFC buffet is a thing mostly in the south.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

In Rhyno's case it's heading south real quick :v:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

This thread

The new thread

monsterzero
May 12, 2002
-=TOPGUN=-
Boys who love airplanes :respek: Boys who love boys
Lipstick Apathy

mariooncrack posted:

Oh, so that's why when I was on the FL panhandle every man over the age of twenty-five looked eight months pregnant.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It might have been a combo of lovely chicken and caffeine deprivation.

Feeling better now though!

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It's still a August you fuckwits

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
BRB, making the October chat thread.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

mariooncrack posted:

First time I drove by the sign on I15 for Conrad Montana that it was a KFC Buffet and I drat near hit the ditch.

slidebite fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 31, 2017

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've only ever been in one kfc without a buffet.

Mall KFCs don't count.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Applebees Appetizer posted:

Lol I can't even remember the last time I had KFC. Stock up on chicken through Zaycon and grill it yourself, it literally takes five minutes. I have a hard time trusting fast food anymore, only place I'l touch these days is Chik-fil-a.

My buddy ate at Chipotle the other day and got sick as a dog, go figure.

I really like Chipotle, but I normally get a bowl or soft tacos. Either way, it's always brown rice, black beans, chicken, cheese, corn, and hot salsa.

I don't really do fast food otherwise except for an occasional jaunt to Whataburger.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

I really like Chipotle, but I normally get a bowl or soft tacos. Either way, it's always brown rice, black beans, chicken, cheese, corn, and hot salsa.

I don't really do fast food otherwise except for an occasional jaunt to Whataburger.

soyrizo/brown/black/sour cream/corn/hot salse. Time to head to flavor town! WOOWOO!

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I don't do sour cream. The soyrizo is pretty legit for soy though.

I'll have them throw on the medium salsa for some extra flavor sometimes.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Rhyno posted:

Mall KFCs don't count.

Well tbf if you were in a mall KFC security would get involved rather quickly :v:

I recently found out the pizza hut near me still does their buffet thing, I thought they phased that poo poo out in the 90s. :btroll:

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

slidebite posted:

First time I drove by the sign on I15 for Conrad Montana that it was a KFC Buffet and I drat near hit the ditch.

I first heard about a KFC buffet in college. I used to drive 45 minutes to go to it every few months.

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

Well tbf if you were in a mall KFC security would get involved rather quickly :v:

I recently found out the pizza hut near me still does their buffet thing, I thought they phased that poo poo out in the 90s. :btroll:

I don't think I've seen one of those in a decade. Buffets around me seem to be going to the way of the dodo.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Shrugs Not Drugs posted:

One Pizza Hut I worked at (this decade, even) had a buffet. Along with a full bar (not just beer... they tried to do a sports bar with TVs everywhere), a drive through, and delivery.

... it's been vacant for a few years now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Apparently its now October. Laters thread

• Locked thread