Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's a normal late-summer day in San Francisco. The sun's shining, tourists are packed onto the cable cars...

Giant guy wreaking havoc at the Presidio. Well, that's not so normal.

This is a pretty sticky wicket. Most people have already been evacuated, but the 30-foot tall man is still wrecking the park, and there aren't any pro heroes to be found! Not even Professor Suzuki!

The only people on the scene are five teenagers with or without attitude and hardly any hero training.

This is gonna be just fine! Right?

Breakbeat, this guy's sound must be screeching like crazy to you! Is there anything odd about the giant's rhythm that can help you figure out how to take him down?

Miss Fortune, closeby, there are a few people pinned under some rubble that weren't able to get out in time. Talk about bad luck, and you should know! What are you going to do to help them?

Li'l Oni, speaking of rubble, there's a lot of structural damage going on! The Presidio is one of San Fran's greatest historical landmarks! I mean, the Disney museum's here, for cryin' out loud! How are you going to prevent any further damage from happening?

Everyman, I bet this takes you back to No Man's Land, huh? Now, I know your powers aren't really that combat-based, but surely you can find a way to contribute to this situation, huh?

BORNA-Gen 1, this is your first time actually fighting a villain! Your first chance to show off the power of Omnitech engineering! How are you going to help in a way that can spread brand awareness?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Breakbeat

He's so solid... Breakbeat grins. This will be a flashy one. The entire area is pulsing to his beat. Big, solid...slow. When he moves, it's loud enough to drown out nearly anything. Solid, unstoppable...

But he's slow. Every time the beat thuds, there's some time just after where he has to recover. It'll take some care, but going in on that downbeat will change things up, throw the guy off-balance. And that's all that's needed.

"All right - let's do this thing! I'll take him head-on and show you how it's done! The rest of you, gimme some backup!"

Even Breakbeat is aware that he can't quite handle this alone, after all. It's gonna suck, drawing all that attention down on himself, but hey, you do what you need to do to look awesome.

Directly Engage: 8. Gonna make an opportunity for my allies, and I...will choose to hold off on massive collateral damage right this second.

quote:

Hero Name: Breakbeat
Look: Man, ambiguously dark, Calloused Hands, Casual Clothing, Memorable Costume
Abilities: The Universal Backbeat. By moving with the rhythm of the universe, Breakbeat becomes intensely strong, tapping into the power of the universe itself to empower his movements. Likewise, it lets him sense how his opponents are moving, allowing him to match them and counter them. (He also has been practicing martial arts to get better at this, at Voidborn's suggestion.) As for how he's superhumanly tough - well, because he's tied into the Backbeat, attempts to harm him overflow back into the world around him, in a sense, reducing the damage he takes by flowing it back into the world.

Team Moves: When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, make them your love or rival immediately to mark potential. If they are already your love or rival, take Influence over them and mark potential.
When you share a vulnerability with someone, give them Influence and hold 2. Spend that hold to help them as if it were Team in the pool.

Moment of Truth: This is what you do best. You let loose, all the pent up strength and rage and glee, and you break whatever stands in your way. You are a walking demolition crew. What can stand up to you? Nothing. Not buildings. Not structures. Not enemies. Nothing. Of coruse, now the people who changed you know exactly where to find you...

Danger +2
Freak +1
Savior -1
Superior +2
Mundane -1

Relationships
Li'l Oni is your love. You've opened up to them about the worst parts of your past.
BORNA-Gen 1 is your rival. They tried to control you at a crucial moment.

Moves:
In A China Shop: When you directly engage a threat, you can cause significant collateral damage to your environment to choose an additional option, even on a miss.
Thick And Thin Skinned: Whenever you have Angry marked, take +1 ongoing to unleash your powers.

The Bull's Heart:
You always have exactly one love or rival, but can change them at any time. Give the new subject of your affections or disdain Influence over you. Take +1 ongoing to any action that impresses your love or frustrates your rival.
Love: Li'l Oni
Rival: BORNA-Gen 1
Role: Defender. When you leap to defend you love or rival in battle, roll +Danger instead of +Savior to defend them.

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Saviour: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +0
Potential: 1/5 | Doom Track: 0/5 | Conditions: none! | Location: Presidio

Seeing the people in trouble, she immediately rushes to their aid, ignoring Breakbeat in the process. They needed help, now, not later.

Channeling her magic, she attempts to lift the rubble away from the people. But instead of moving, the rubble refuses to budge, merely straining her in the process. "Cmon.... not already...!" she mumbles to herself.

Unleash Powers to save Civilians!: 2d6+2 5

quote:

Name: Jacqueline Mirria
Hero Name: Miss Fortune
Look: Woman, White (very pale), Haunted Eyes, unassuming Clothing, Grim Costume
Abilities: Astral magic (Telekinesis, Luck manipulation, Memory Manipulation)

Labels:
Freak +2
Danger +1
Savior +1
Superior -1
Mundane +0

Doom
You’re doomed. Your powers may be killing you, or maybe you’re hunted ruthlessly, or maybe you embody an apocalypse. But one way or another, your future is grim.What brings your doom closer? Choose two.
- overexerting yourself
- facing danger alone

Whenever you bring your doom closer, mark one box on your doom track.
Doom Track: 0/5
When your doom track fills, clear it and take one of your doomsign

Doomsigns
These are abilities that come to you with your approaching doom. Once you have taken all five doomsigns above the line, you must take “Your doom arrives” the next time your doom track fills. Choose one doomsign you already hold at character creation.

Dark Visions: Mark your doom track to have a vision about the situation at hand. After the vision, ask the GM a question; they will answer it honestly.

Nemesis
You have a nemesis, an epic and powerful enemy representing and embodying your doom. It’s going to take everything you have to take them down in the time you have left.
Who is your nemesis?

The Astral Devourer

At the end of every session, answer the question: Did you make progress on defeating yournemesis? If the answer is yes, mark potential. If the answer is no, mark your doom track.

Sanctuary
You have a place where you can rest, recover, and reflect upon your powers. Choose and underline three features of your sanctuary:
a library of valuable tomes; a scattering of ancient relics; a meditation space

Choose and underline two downsides of your sanctuary:
easily damaged or tampered with, tied intricately to your doom

When you call upon the resources of your sanctuary to solve a problem, say what you want to do.
The GM will give you one to four conditions you must fulfill to complete your solution:
❑ First, you must _______________________
❑ You’ll need help from ___________________
❑ You and your team will risk danger from ________________________________________
❑ The best you can do is a lesser version, unreliable and limited
❑ You’ll need to mark one box on your doom track
❑ You’ll have to obtain ___________________

Moment of Truth:
The prickly tingling fear of your doom, always in your head—it hold you back most of the time. But right here, right now? It gives you the confidence to do anything. After all, what’s the worst that could happen? Is it worse than your doom? Do impossible things. Do anything. But mark a doomsign after you’re finished.

Team Moves:
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, give them Influence over you and spend 1 Team from the pool to clear one box on your doom track.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, give them Influence over you and ask if they honestly think there’s hope for you. If they say yes, mark potential or clear one box of your doom track. If they say no, mark a condition or mark your doom track.

When our team first came together...
We paid a high cost for victory. What was it?

Relationships:
You told _______________ all about your doom and the danger you’re in.
You’d love to kiss ________________ before your doom comes.

Influence:
These people matter for what you need to do. Give Influence to two of your teammates.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Freak: +1 | Danger: 0 | Savior: +1 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: +2
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Presidio Rampage

Okay, Shreya. Deep breaths. You can do this.

This is definitely taking me back, although I was never present for anything this big... aside from the thing that landed me here, I guess? But definitely no giant guys, except on the news reports. For some reason, those always made the news, and there were more than you would have thought. Maybe it was just because they feel so much like bad monster movies, except real? So... yeah, this is familiar, but not.

I definitely can't fight this guy, although hopefully Breakbeat has that covered anyway? But maybe I can help people get clear of this. I can see some rubble and trapped people -- and Miss Fortune's seen it first, moving to try and help, but it's taking too much time. Way too much time, and what if Breakbeat doesn't keep the guy distracted? "Hold on! I've got your back!" I run to get in between Miss Fortune and the fight, bulking up as I go: trying to become as much of a wall of muscle as I can manage. Even if I don't need it for the fight, well, I'll need it for dealing with the rubble, right?

Defend Miss Fortune: 2d6+1 4
awwwriiight!! Marking Potential and bracing for impact

quote:

Hero Name: Everyman
Time Period: No Man's Land (2036)
Look: Woman/shifting, South Asian, hopeful face, haphazard clothing, simplistic costume
Abilities: Shapeshifting

Everyman's shapeshifting powers at the moment are useful but limited in scope. By altering her bone structure and tissue distribution, she can change her features and build radically; combined with her ability to lighten or darken her skin tone several shades, this lets her disguise herself as nearly anyone reasonably close to her size. (She can change her height by a few inches either way, and can create believable illusions of different weights by shifting soft tissue distribution, but she can't gain or lose enough mass to be a giant or a child.) She can also change the structure of her limbs into simple tools, such as blades, hammers, and crude lockpicks, and she can grow fins for swimming and crude gliding membranes for limited flight. She can't grow entirely new limbs, however, or take a form that isn't human.

Inhuman's shapeshifting powers are limitless, terrifying, and constant. Her form shifts from moment to moment when she appears, gaining and losing mass at will, taking forms from huge monsters bristling with bony claws to songbirds in easy flight. She can be anyone or anything as long as it could conceivably be made of flesh.

Labels
Freak +1
Danger 0
Savior +1
Superior -1
Mundane +2

Moves
What’s this thing?: When you ask for someone else's guidance on the modern world, they must tell you what they think you should do or how you should act. If you act that way, clear a condition and shift Mundane up and any other Label down. If you act that way and it goes poorly, mark potential.

Martyr: When you take a powerful blow while defending someone or something, you may shift Savior up and any other Label down.

Your Future Self:
• failed horrifically in a noble pursuit or cause.

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, ask whether they think your future self could've won this victory. If they do, mark potential and the GM shifts your Labels. If they do not, clear a condition and they shift your Labels.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they think you could turn into your future self. If they do, mark potential and the GM shifts your Labels. If they do not, clear a condition and they shift your Labels.

When Our Team First Came Together...
My future self was involved, and I tried to stop them. It took the rest of the team to help me succeed. How did we stymie my future self's plans?

Relationships
Miss Fortune is helping me understand this weirdo future. I follow their lead.
I saved someone important to BORNA-Gen 1; they're now my biggest defender.

Influence
These people are your guides, your friends, and the ones helping you find a better way. But you are careful about whose guidance you follow. Give Influence over you to two teammates: Miss Fortune and BORNA-Gen 1

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +0 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Presidio

Oh, come on!

One day. Just one gosh darn day without some superpowered jerk trying to wreck the city, is that too much to ask for!? I was planning on having a normal day at the park, get some normal ice cream, and maybe, maybe visit the Disney Museum, but noooooooooooooooo, this jerk had to show up and ruin everything!

I guess I should do something before he wrecks the park even more, and I guess I should help Breakbeat take him down, and just so we're clear, I'm only helping him because I have to, and not because I want to secretly impress him or anything stupid like that.

I grumble to myself, and walk up to the nearest parked truck. I pick up the truck like it was a feather, and turn to face the big guy. "Hey, jerkface!" I yell at him to get his attention, "This is for ruining my whole friggin day!!!" And I toss the truck directly to his big, stupid face.

Directly Engaging Giant Dude: 2d6+2 10
Choosing: Avoid Blows, and Impress, Frighten, or Surprise him.

quote:

Hero Name: Li'l Oni
Mask: Transformed
Looks: Woman, asian, human eyes, blue skin, no costume

Abilities
❑ impenetrable armor
❑ inhuman might

Labels
Freak: +3
Danger: +2
Savior: +0
Superior: -1
Mundane: -1

Moves:
❑ Unstoppable: When you smash your way through scenery to get to or away from something, roll + Danger. On a hit, the world breaks before you, and you get what you want. On a 7-9, choose one: mark a condition, leave something behind, or take something with you. On a miss, you smash through, but leave devastation in your wake or wind up somewhere worse, GM’s choice.

❑ Coming for you: When you mark a condition, take +1 forward against the person you most blame for causing it.

❑ Wish I could be: When you comfort or support someone, if you tell them what you most envy about them, you can roll + Freak instead of + Mundane.

Moment of Truth
It’s so easy to forget that you’re not your body, and you’re not the voice in your head—you’re both. Be the monster, and save them anyway. Smash down walls, and speak so ly. Because when you embrace it, you can do anything. Of course, putting on a display like this is sure to rile up those who see only the monster when they look at you...

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone, clear one condition if they treat you like a perfectly normal person and mark potential if they praise your power or abilities.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, ask them if they think you’re losing or gaining humanity. If they say losing, mark a condition and mark potential. If they say gaining, clear a condition and shift Mundane up and any other Label down.

When our team first came together…
We drew attention and ire from plenty during the fight. One important person in particular now hates and fears us. Who is it?

Relationships
Breakbeat comforted you when you were at your lowest.
Miss Fortune knew you before you changed.

Influence
You try not to care what other people think, even if you can’t shut everyone out. Give Influence to one teammate. Breakbeat

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

"Today I will cause problems on purpose"
BORNA-Gen 1

Whilst half of his team rushed off to help civilians and get themselves into danger in the process, and the other half attacked the giant man directly head on BORNA, did nothing.

Or rather BORNA did the thing he thought someone should possibly do in the situation like this, and that was stand back a little and assess the situation before charging in swinging. Especially since according to Omnitech's sophisticated metahuman database the amount of fights facing giant opponents that were defeated solely with brute force alone without causing unacceptable collateral was, rather minimal. He ran a variety of simulations through his databanks, vulnerabilities, plans of attack, any on file weaknesses.

Well anything really. Think first, act second.

Assessing the situation. 2d6+1 = 9
>How could we best end this quickly?

quote:

Hero Name: BORNA-Gen 1 (Bio-Organic Risk Neutralizing Android - Generation 1)
Real Name: [I do not understand the question, that is my 'real name']
Mask: The Newborn
Look: Ambiguous, Robot, Metal Skin, Immaculate Clothing, Prototype Uniform.

Abilities
❑ Super durability and strength
❑ Solid light projection

Labels
Danger +1
Freak +2
Savior +1
Superior +1
Mundane -2

Moves

❑ Damage: You get an additional condition called Damaged. While marked, take +1 to take a powerful blow.

To clear the Damaged condition, you need time,external help, or special equipment or abilities.

❑ Regeneration: When you’re taken out, you can trigger an emergency regeneration process. If you do, your body undergoes an unpredictable transformation, and in mere moments, you’re back on your feet and ready to fight. Clear three conditions and choose three from the list below:

- Change your gender identity or presentation
- Change your physical appearance
- Forget all your lessons
- Lose an important memory of a teammate; they lose Influence over you
- Swap an ability with another one from the Newborn playbook

A Blank Slate

❑ I am a machine built to serve mankind by Omnitech
❑ A superhero should ???
❑ Always ???
❑ Never do harm to another living thing, intentionally or through inaction.

When you embody one of your lessons, shif one Label up and one Label down, your choice. If you cause a misunderstanding, collateral damage, or unintended consequences in the process, mark potential.
When you reject one of your lessons, reject its Influence as if it were an NPC. If you choose to have it lose Influence over you, erase that lesson and write a new one in its stead.

When you approach your creator or caretakers with a problem, tell them what obstacle you face or what you need to achieve, and they will offer you something you need. The GM chooses one:

• secret information
• a way to temporarily boost or expand your powers
• access to instruments, weapons, or resources
• offcial and explicit backing

If you accept their help, they rewrite one of your lessons for you.

Moment of Truth

Something snaps into focus, and suddenly you’re a full thing, true and complete. You’d never have known how fragmented you were before, if not for here, this moment. You’re not a series of individual lessons. You’re not a series of subroutines and programs. You’re...a person. This must be what it’s like to be...human. And this fullness? It gives you a control over yourself, a unity of purpose you’ve never experienced before. Of course, now that you’re showing off all your potential, it’s only a matter of time before someone comes forward to reduce you to a machine again...

Team Moves
When you share a triumphant celebration with someone<, ask them what makes them proud or happy about the actions they took and write a lesson based on it, either flling an empty slot or replacing an existing lesson.

When you share a vulnerability or weakness with someone, if their response helps you understand human feelings and problems, mark potential. If their response confuses or offends you, shift your Freak up and your Mundane down.

When our team first came together…
The team discovered you during the incident; thanks to them, you reached the outside world and helped in the fight. Where and how did they find you? Who gave you your first nickname?

Relationships
________________ is an exemplary human; they show you around and tell you how things work.
The behavior of ________________ confuses you again and again; you’re determined to understand humanity better by studying them

Influence
You’re receptive to how people think and behave around you. Give Influence to all of your teammates.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

BORNA: The best way to end this situation would be to stop this fella from moving.

For a second, it looks like Miss Fortune and Everyman are going to take the brunt of the big guy's might, but then his attention gets diverted by Breakbeat and Li'l Oni, only causing the two rescuers to be shaken as he moves to engage them, flinching from the combined might of Breakbeat's attack and Oni's...truck.

"You're not bad, Blue Girl! But I'm better!"

The giant suddenly reaches down and grabs for Li'l Oni, the one who has the most of his attention.

What do you do?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Breakbeast

"HEY, rear end in a top hat!"

As the giant reaches down for Li'l Oni, Breakbeat is already moving. He skids to a stop right in front of her, holding his hands up to catch the falling hand.

"You think you can push her around? Think again! You got me to deal with here!"

He shouldn't be able to handle that much power, but thanks to his sense for when and how to move, he stands strong.

Defend Li'l Oni: 9 10, because I forgot the +1 from having Influence over her.. I keep her safe and add a Team to the pool.

Mors Rattus fucked around with this message at 20:45 on Aug 5, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Miss Fortune redoubles her efforts, and with the adrenaline kicking in, finally manages to save the civilians.

"Can you walk?" she asks the now freed civilians.

Unleash Powers to save Civilians!... again: 2d6+2 10

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Aug 6, 2017

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Potential: 1+1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Presidio Rampage

Well, that was almost bad! Still, it looks like the big guy's overlooked us and Miss Fortune has things under control, with Breakbeat and Li'l Oni grabbing the dude's attention. Maybe... maybe if they've got him distracted, I can sneak in and help out?

I shoot a thumbs-up to Miss Fortune before I start to move in, reshaping my arms as I go: hardening skin, flexing muscle, and sharpening bone. Making my arms into sickle-like blades doesn't exactly feel good, or normal... but it might well be useful. I dash in, trying to get close and slash at the giant's legs while he's busy with the others.

... if these things are sharp enough. And if he's not tougher than most people. Which he might be, because giant...

Stop thinking about it, Shreya! Just do it already!

Directly Engage the big guy: 2d6 6
welp. Marking potential for now; will choose something if I get Teamed. Choosing to give my teammates an opportunity!

Antivehicular fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Aug 11, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Reality twists slightly as Miss Fortune twists fate in Everyman's favor. Suddenly, the giant gets his leg caught on a wall, giving Everyman a sore spot to attack him in!

Using 1 Team to make Everyman's roll into a 7!

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

Freak: +3 | Danger: +2 | Savior: +0 | Superior: -1 | Mundane: -1
Potential: 1/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Presidio

...You know, on second thought, maaaaaaaaayyyyyybe getting the attention of someone who's 10x bigger and stronger than you wasn't such a great idea. Before I could do anything, Breakbeat runs up in front of me, and catches the giant's hand before he could grab me. Did he... did he actually go out of his way to... to save me? That's... I...

"H-hey, what do you think y-you're doing!? I could've handled him on my own! I didn't need your help at all! I'm not some sorta damsel in distress that needs saving!!!"

Agggggggggghhhhhh, why does he even think I need saving in the first place!? I could've totally totally caught the fist on my own! Stupid Breakbeat! I don't care how cute your butt is, I- wait, why am I thinking about his butt? I mean, yea, he's got a cute butt, I guess, but it's not like I'm staring at it or anything.

...AGH! Focus, Maki, FOCUS! Stop thinking about butts, you butt, and do something already!!!

He really does have a nice butt, though.

Directly Engaging Giant: 2d6+2 5
Welp, marking potential!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

"We're fine, but we're getting out of here!" One of the civilians says to Miss Fortune before they all run off.

And, through the combined efforts of Everyman and Miss Fortune, the giant falls over onto the ground, grunting at the pain in his legs! Make sure you don't get hit!

Li'l Oni, Breakbeat, you've been trying to get to this guy with no luck, but now that he's more on your level and a bit distracted, this might be your time to strike! One more good hit should take him out!

What do you do?!

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

BORNA-Gen 1

Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Presidio

*Ding* the solution has presented itself to the BORNA unit as to how to procede. It turned back to the fight at hand to see that is was almost already over without his direct intervention.

This was an unfamiliar emotion to this unit, it was not the failure to succeed in a mission but it felt close, but it decided it was going to at least make a contribution to this fight.

With the giant groaning on the floor from the shot to his knees, BORNA flipped through his internal index until he found what he was looking for.

[Deploying Omnitech Safe and Sound Restraints] Toned the pleasant consumer friendly voice of the robot as the HELIOS engine spun into life.

Unleash Powers, +2 Freak, +1 for Assess. = 9

BORNA will mark Insecure to avoid complications, the fight has rather been resolved before he even really did anything it seems, he still wants to prove his worth.

The Omnitech Safe and Sound Restraints were designed with the safety of both it's occupant, and those around them in mind. A comfortable padded cotton interior with specially constructed cooling built in, to reduce chaffing and discomfort from prolonged enclosure on the inside, surrounded by a triple reinforced durasteel exterior with multiple interlocking clamps to prevent the restrainee from thrashing around too much. Omnitech has provided additional modules tailored to those 'customers' with specific power sources but for this one, scaling it up a few hundred times larger then the base model would suffice.

Whilst the customer was reeling from the attacks of his allies, the SAS Restraints grew in size behind him, before suddenly locking tight around his chest and arms.

[The suit is designed to tighten in response to excessive motion, please cease your motion, thank you.]

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Aug 13, 2017

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

Breakbeat

"Yeah, you probably could've, but now you don't have to!" He's quite proud of himself, and is about to launch into a final attack when, quite suddenly, a robot happens.

Breakbeat's smile fades abruptly as he steps back, staring. He looks over at BORNA. "Oh, sure, jump in right at the end and do this. Great. We had this guy handled. Why do you even have a straitjacket for giants?"

TheNabster
Apr 26, 2014

BORNA-Gen 1

Freak: +2 | Danger: +1 | Savior: +1 | Superior: +1 | Mundane: -2
Potential: 0/5 | Conditions: Insecure | Location: Presidio

BORNA blinked. It wasn't entirely sure what the intention of his companion was in regards to itself, it did not have any registers in its system for hostility that wasn't directly confrontational as of yet.

"Oh, sure, jump in right at the end and do this. Great. We had this guy handled."

BORNA tilted it's head. [This unit is confused, you are not in fact currently physically handling the customer, you are hitting him instead.]

"Why do you even have a straitjacket for giants?"

Ah now this it did know! it went into its pre-programmed sales spiel.

[The Omnitech Safe and Sound restraints are designed to be easily scaled up in order for the safe restraining of suspects of a larger or smaller then average size for their own safety, orders between 3 and 8 feet tall are covered in our catalogues, any sizes beyond this must be ordered special.]

[If you are perhaps interested in the purchase of a restraint for your own personal use this unit is authorized to offer an employee discount.]

TheNabster fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 23, 2017

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

And with BORNA's attack, the giant is finally out of commission!

"Congratulations!"

Oh wait, that's my line, who said that?

Oh hey, it's your teacher, Rebecca Suzuki, aka Spitfire!

"You all have passed your first test~! Yeah, the Presidio was never in any real danger, and neither were you all, sorry 'bout that."

The giant shrinks down to the size of a normal man and gets up, rubbing his head and walking off with a grumble.

Seems like you just got your first taste of real-world combat, staged or not. So hey, you guys did good, and Professor Suzuki is open for dialogue.

Anything to say?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

Potential: 2/5 | Conditions: None | Location: Presidio... Exam?

I recoil as quickly as I can from the big guy as he falls, and as I do, BORNA swoops in to get him under control. Man, BORNA's rig is really cool! All this amazing future tech... well, okay, a lot of things are amazing future tech, but I think this stuff is amazing future tech even for everyone else. Whatever -- it's really cool!

... and then Breakbeat and BORNA start arguing (well, Breakbeat starts arguing and BORNA starts answering; Breakbeat can start an argument all by himself), and Professor Suzuki steps in, and the illusion of coolness is shattered. Okay, so this was a test? Really? "It was? Did you guys... did you clear the Presidio or something? Seems like a lot of work for us..."

And how are we supposed to be able to tell the difference between real emergencies and tests, anyway? I get that they want us always doing our best, but...

• Locked thread